Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Ourusualbeach

Royal follows Cancels cruises for 30 days

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Here in RI it is toilet paper.... who would have thought when the virus doesn't even cause diarrhea.

 

Based on that suggestion of laundry soap...I just came back from Walmart in Ocala.  They had plenty, and softner also.  Just not all the brands of choice.  TP...can live without...soap?  Cannot do.  

 

TP and paper towels?  Been total empty shelves for a week now.  We head home tomorrow from here, and at least will not have to worry about our local stores supply when we get there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a cruise scheduled for March 27, 2020. On March 6th, RCCL announced we could cancel for FCC. A week later, they announced passengers could cancel for a refund or 125% FCC. I was informed that I could not take the second offer since I had accepted the first offer. In my opinion, a very unwise decision. Poor customer service during this health emergency.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

Based on that suggestion of laundry soap...I just came back from Walmart in Ocala.  They had plenty, and softner also.  Just not all the brands of choice.  TP...can live without...soap?  Cannot do.  

 

TP and paper towels?  Been total empty shelves for a week now.  We head home tomorrow from here, and at least will not have to worry about our local stores supply when we get there.  

Might have to start separating the 3 ply TP. Just like being on a cruise. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brill said:

We had a cruise scheduled for March 27, 2020. On March 6th, RCCL announced we could cancel for FCC. A week later, they announced passengers could cancel for a refund or 125% FCC. I was informed that I could not take the second offer since I had accepted the first offer. In my opinion, a very unwise decision. Poor customer service during this health emergency.

Roll of the dice. Sounds fair to me. You were made whole. IMO a very wise decision by RC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Might have to start separating the 3 ply TP. Just like being on a cruise. 😉

 

LOL....😂

 

Leaving the campground soon, and sure enough...TP and paper towels have "magically" disappeared from the bath house that was in good supply until this morning.  Was surprised it did not happen until now.  

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw a blog from a casino host on the Oasis of the Seas yesterday, 3/18.  He stated they are currently anchored and have been doing cleaning of the ship/ top to bottom.   However, he stated that the Company has informed him they will be sending him home next week.  He is concerned as he is from England, and the borders are closed, how he will get home.   This does not make me feel there is any indication that the lines will be sailing again very soon., let alone have any clue how long this will last or concerns about their employees.  He stated he feels safest on the ship as it is passenger free and virus free.    Go figure !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alan C said:

Just saw a blog from a casino host on the Oasis of the Seas yesterday, 3/18.  He stated they are currently anchored and have been doing cleaning of the ship/ top to bottom.   However, he stated that the Company has informed him they will be sending him home next week.  He is concerned as he is from England, and the borders are closed, how he will get home.   This does not make me feel there is any indication that the lines will be sailing again very soon., let alone have any clue how long this will last or concerns about their employees.  He stated he feels safest on the ship as it is passenger free and virus free.    Go figure !!

 

I believe it's also been said his current contract ends this month anyway, so not so sure you can read too much into what RCCL is doing with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, island lady said:

 

LOL....😂

 

Leaving the campground soon, and sure enough...TP and paper towels have "magically" disappeared from the bath house that was in good supply until this morning.  Was surprised it did not happen until now.  

Guess they will have to start locking up the TP and paper towels.😄

A8817730-89E5-482D-89CB-3CFF654891FC.thumb.jpeg.50aa7b8c02d372a233d71d09cde848b4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cancellation has been extended to May 11th...with the same offer of 125% in FCC...or refund 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...