Welp, there it is

Ariel1985

I feel really bad for the people that were onboard and had to disembark, are on their way to the airports or just about to leave.

My cruise on Princess April 11th was canceled and so disappointed but I couldn't imagine what the folks I described above are going through and some not even knowing yet. That's sad.

As a cruise community, everyone will get through it and when this is over, I don't think the cruise lines will jack up the prices because they want to fill the ships and resume business.

Edited by tonit964
Corrected info
  • Like 2

Just now, tonit964 said:

I feel really bad for the people that were onboard and had to disembark, are on their way to the airports or just about to leave.

My cruise on April 11th was canceled and so disappointed but I couldn't imagine what the folks I described above are going through and some not even knowing yet. That's sad.

As a cruise community, everyone will get through it and when this is over, I don't think the cruise lines will jack up the prices because they want to fill the ships and resume business.

How did you find out about cancellation?

Just posted by John Heald on FB

Good evening everyone. 

It is 1230am here but I wanted to share this news with you all

Carnival Cruise Line is temporarily pausing service effective with sailings departing Saturday, March 14 through April 09, 2020 across its fleet of North America based ships. We will resume service on April 10. COVID-19 has now turned into a global pandemic and we are committed to doing our part to support public officials in their efforts to manage and contain this unprecedented public health situation.

All affected guests will be receiving an email with our compensation offer. We extend our sincere apologies for the disruption to your vacation plans and look forward to welcoming you on a future Carnival cruise.

I will return tomorrow to listen and respond to your comments as best I can. 

Thanks so much

#carnivalfamily

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IDKaren said:

Just finally heard back from cruise rep and he says they have not heard anything internally about carnival canceling......what a mess! I don’t want a cruise credit..I just want to cancel and get reimbursed from my travel insurance.

Me, too...

1 hour ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

The lido deck looks empty on Inspiration this afternoon too empty...

http://ships.carnivalentertainment.com/#ship/carnival-inspiration/cameras

1,100 people were booked for today's cruise that will return from Ensenada on Monday morning. Not sure if all of them showed up. Usual figures are 2,200-2,500 per cruise for Imagination or Inspiration.

2 hours ago, xostacylee said:

We also JUST got the "things you should know before cruising" email too lol. Waiting for that official press release has me refreshing every minute!

Things you should know before cruising: you're not cruising. 😞

• Like 1

we have two cruises paid in full Carnival leaving April 6  - spring break trip for family.  Then Princess Alaska May 16th.

We have been watching everything for the past two weeks.  We want a full refund for the Carnival and we would like to take the Alaska cruise, but with Canada refusing ships to Victoria, that may get cancelled.  

this has really put a damper on everyone, no cruises, no school, no jobs, stock market in the toilet and no toilet paper.

Hopefully all is well in 30 days

• Like 2

1 hour ago, winnyis said:

My daughter was booked on the 3/29 Horizon as her honeymoon.   Now to scramble and try to salvage something for them to do.  I hope Carnival gives refunds quickly so they have money to enjoy whatever they do 

They are most likely going to have to postpone their honeymoon and possibly even their wedding.

48 minutes ago, mbarker10 said:

I am sure I'll get a cruise refund but the plane tickets are a wash, $600 down the drain. We have already changed flights once when Baltimore closed, that was our freebie. Plus two hotel nights that were nonrefundable.

Keep checking back. I have two nights non-refundable for the Marriott in NO for our May cruise.  Today, they finally updated the COVID-19 policy to allow for cancellations without fees. Your hotel might update their policy as this continues on into April. 

1 minute ago, iamsteph said:

Keep checking back. I have two nights non-refundable for the Marriott in NO for our May cruise.  Today, they finally updated the COVID-19 policy to allow for cancellations without fees. Your hotel might update their policy as this continues on into April. 

Unfortunately I booked through travelocity and at this point I can't even get through, their lines are down, and we were supposed to be there tonight. I don't know how it will all go down.

We were set to leave on Freedom on Sat 3/14 for an eight-nighter. We moved our booking to another cruise next Jan and unpacked our stuff. Past the disappointment now; there are more important things at hand. We have vodka and TP and life is good. 🙂