MSC suspending all cruising

davidgv

15 hours ago, davidgv said:

All cruising to be suspended - refund or fcc with generous addition 

All?  Florida 60 days, Italian ports closed and some sailings listed as cancelled but have not seen anything about all cancelled. Where did you see this?  Many of us are waiting for info on late April and May sailings

All cruising to be suspended - refund or fcc with generous addition 

That is incorrect, select sailings are cancelled or subject to itinerary adjustment. There is no blanket ban on cruising on MSC’s part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. We are in Canada but the TA is US based so that appears to be the governing body for our agreement and the comments of  some posters indicating “all” MSC cruises cancelled is particularly confusing.

Yes, some areas are closed/“locked down”, etc and it seems most of us will have to continue to check daily as circumstances change.

Too many moving parts with varying itineraries, dates, ports and legislations and naturally those with most imminent travel should be dealt with first. The policy so far with MSC seems to be if your cruise is not mentioned it is still on until you are told it is not; hopefully with reasonable notice!  Thank you to all those who share their research and experience.Good luck all and stay healthy.  That is what will be of greatest benefit to us all.

47 minutes ago, Skier52 said:

Here is the table of changes to cruises because of the covid-19 as given on te UK web site 30 minutes ago

And it's woefully out of date - none of the cancelled Miami cruises are on there and nor is the TA on the Preziosa which a number of people have confirmed is also cancelled

Edited by Bobal

This was posted yesterday.

##### BREAKING NEWS #####

#MSCCruises will suspend ALL cruises.

MSC Cruises has announced decision to temporary stop all its U.S.-based new cruises embarkations for 45 days until April 30.

Pierfrancesco Vago, executive chairman of MSC Cruises, said: “This is not a decision we took lightly but under the current circumstances, the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities ashore – including our employees and their families – must come first. As a family company with over 300 years of maritime tradition, we felt that this was the right decision to make.”

The Company has already also halted ship operations across all areas considered as high risk for the virus, in the Mediterranean, the Gulf and Asia.

Ships still in operations in South America and South Africa will also end their operations at the end of their current itineraries.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

This was posted yesterday.

##### BREAKING NEWS #####

#MSCCruises will suspend ALL cruises.

MSC Cruises has announced decision to temporary stop all its U.S.-based new cruises embarkations for 45 days until April 30.

Pierfrancesco Vago, executive chairman of MSC Cruises, said: “This is not a decision we took lightly but under the current circumstances, the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities ashore – including our employees and their families – must come first. As a family company with over 300 years of maritime tradition, we felt that this was the right decision to make.”

The Company has already also halted ship operations across all areas considered as high risk for the virus, in the Mediterranean, the Gulf and Asia.

Ships still in operations in South America and South Africa will also end their operations at the end of their current itineraries.

Hi,

Just to add to the confusion this is what is posted on my UK TA site. I read it as all MSC sailings, unless anyone knows otherwise?

Posted: 14th March 2020.
Urgent Notice Regarding Cruise Cancellations:

Due to the current global situation of COVID-19 we have been informed the below cruise lines have cancelled their sailings...cancellations.pngWe are currently working on contacting our passengers, in departure date order so please bear with us whist we work through the bookings. Rest assured we will be in touch and we ask you not to call us.

After checking multiple sites and boards (don’t know the one you  refer to Sid which you cannot name) but as of this am MSC USA (where my res is located but not me) the list of cancellations did not show “all” but did show the cruises/ships cancelled to end of April.  Getting through anywhere on the phone is a joke   Won’t tie up the phone for someone who needs to deal with March or early April changes,

Thanks for those who spent the time to respond but still depending where we are we still don’t get the same info. Would be smart for MSC to communicate same to all.

Guess we are going to have to sit tight a bit longer for May 1st verdict!😎:(

• Like 1

Does anyone have an idea what might msc do with the canceled grand voyagesy eg the bellissima dubai to tokyo? 

I know its too early to say but i am wondering if they will move the ship to asia with the crew or leave it in dubai and do the cruise after this covid calms down...

Before it’s all said and done I think all cruises will be halted. More and more ports are closing and airlines are cutting back on flights. I expect our 5/09 cruise on the Seaside to eventually be canceled. We lost a B2B yesterday on Celebrity for next month. I’m okay with all of this. Not currently wanting to travel. 

For those  of us in the USA it seems pretty clear that all cruises have halted.

What should also be clear is the necessity for MSC to get ONE web page for everyone- and if that can’t be done, one person in charge of updating all web pages simultaneously. It would make MSC appear much more competent.

9 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

For those  of us in the USA it seems pretty clear that all cruises have halted.

What should also be clear is the necessity for MSC to get ONE web page for everyone- and if that can’t be done, one person in charge of updating all web pages simultaneously. It would make MSC appear much more competent.

And you'd think that would be easier for them!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aprilF said:

And you'd think that would be easier for them!

We have been preaching this on cc for years. I also put it on every exit survey. The inconsistency makes MSC look like the three stooges at times :::: enter theme from Benny hill:::::

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lizinvan said:

After checking multiple sites and boards (don’t know the one you  refer to Sid which you cannot name) but as of this am MSC USA (where my res is located but not me) the list of cancellations did not show “all” but did show the cruises/ships cancelled to end of April.  Getting through anywhere on the phone is a joke   Won’t tie up the phone for someone who needs to deal with March or early April changes,

Thanks for those who spent the time to respond but still depending where we are we still don’t get the same info. Would be smart for MSC to communicate same to all.

Guess we are going to have to sit tight a bit longer for May 1st verdict!😎😞

The post that says All Cruises came from MSC HQ as far as I know.

Here’s something nice, it appears MSC is offering to transform the Splendida into a floating hospital. (The article is in Italian, FYI)

EDIT: the ship pictured is the Splendida, I don’t know if that’s actually the one they might use.

https://liguriaoggi.it/2020/03/11/coronavirus-a-genova-una-nave-da-crociera-verra-trasformata-in-ospedale/?fbclid=IwAR0y2L1jtptCx9pwFITohyEhNnJ-s0pEEAyZGiOb5owIVAVbr0qpRO_P-0I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A lot of you seem to be worried about cruises in May/June/July or later this year, I posted this on Friday as to the experience friends had. This was after seeing the cancellation listing, please spare a thought for others in the same position

Checked with TA at 9.15 Friday re their Caribbean cruise on Preziosa 17th March Tuesday, they were told MSC say all OK but not calling at Martinique. 

They have had  a call at 12.30 cruise cancelled --this is a round trip from Barbados and flights from LGW organised by MSC. 

From the UK site as of 08:00 GMT, following the link  mscbook.com which is the TA's portal so should be kept up to date ( in any competent  company's information stream). Exactly the same wording is used on the US site although the formatting is different. 

It would seem that S African and S American  cruises are still sailing until their current itineraries end, but that all other regions have stopped. No mention of non-US based Caribbean cruises, which I believe are considered to be in the S American region. 

cduise%20cancelled%201.jpg

Edited by Skier52