Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

On 4/2/2020 at 11:09 AM, RJAM3 said:

We are on our 43rd day of waiting patiently.  We canceled a June 6 cruise Seattle to Alaska round trip on the Ruby.  We canceled well within the new 60 day limit for cash back since the cruise was fully paid for.  Did purchase gift cards from Princess to pay and am hoping they don't refund in gift cards since it was their card but whatever will be will be.

We were told the gift card payments will go  back to the gift card.  Be sure to keep your gift card number and pin handy so you can reuse it in the future.  

On 4/2/2020 at 11:18 AM, Castaway Cowgirl said:

We were supposed to be on regal on March 15 and chose option one, still nothing.  I even went in immediately and cancelled one person’s prepaid gratuity to see if that would be refunded immediately as some people reported— nothing.  

Forgot to mention.  The cruise shows completed in our accounts as though we took it.  One person in our family even received  an offer to take another cruise based on the imaginary one we just “took.”  

E8902BD0-FCDC-4699-ABCB-6796146D9BDA.jpeg

Oh no ... that's just someone not paying attention!! I get they are busy but I'm sure that could have been canceled by a keystroke.  

I just checked my personalizer and of course, no FCCs for my cruise that was to depart today.  I do see in my cruise history listing that I am currently on the ship.  hahaha ... fat chance of that.  But, I started my morning out by creating a cruise album of the same itinerary and same ship that we took last year.  I also pulled up a UTube of the Royal's ship horn ... played it for my DH as he walked out of the stateroom (ooops ... I mean, as he walked down the stairs).  We're trying ... 

Anyway, also hoping that funding that was raised by Carnival Corp will now get the ball rolling.  

Spoke to a Princess representative today about my credit for excursions and a water package.  He advised that credit processing is taking much longer than normal due to the situation involving COVID19 and my credit should post approximately 60 days from the date of cancellation.

2 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Spoke to a Princess representative today about my credit for excursions and a water package.  He advised that credit processing is taking much longer than normal due to the situation involving COVID19 and my credit should post approximately 60 days from the date of cancellation.

When did you cancel?  I cancelled some excursions early March and have received nothing.  I take it they are out of cash to refund us based on others not receiving refunds.  I have a refundable deposit I will be requesting soon but guessing chances are remote of recovering 

On 4/2/2020 at 10:20 AM, Pzazzz said:

Our cruise (Cruise date 4/4/2020) was cancelled by Princess 3/9/2020.   We requested Option 2 using their booking compensation request on 3/16/20.  On 3/17/2020 we received their receipt of the form but since the nothing from Princess since then.  Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. 😞  

Same boat here, we would have left yesterday on the 4th🤐😔on the new Sky. We selected our option and got receipt on March 10th. Crickets ever since hopefully soon. I need my money and my credits so I can book another 🚢 cruise 😊😛

54 minutes ago, Ombud said:

For those who received a refund: was it from Princess or Princess Platinum Insurance?

I thought with all the mass cancels on the March 12th they cancelled everyone's PVP? They did with us and of course we never received a refund for that either.  

Edited by WNcruiser

19 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

I thought with all the mass cancels on the March 12th they cancelled everyone's PVP? They did with us and of course we never received a refund for that either.  

I thought they only cancelled insurance for cruises starting after March 12th

18 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Has anyone transferred a refundable deposit to a future cruise? How easy was it?

I asked to transfer what I had paid from a cancelled cruise to a new booking and was told they were not doing transfers at this time.  I paid a new deposit and now wait for credit on the original cruise. 

24 minutes ago, LoveThatCorgi said:

I asked to transfer what I had paid from a cancelled cruise to a new booking and was told they were not doing transfers at this time.  I paid a new deposit and now wait for credit on the original cruise. 

8 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I have requested this from my travel agent on a Cunard cruise. So have not heard if she could do it. If they wont transfer I will cancel and not rebook. I would think they would want to keep my money

agreed - I would have a very hard time sending Princess, or any other cruise line, a new deposit while waiting for a previous cancelled deposit to be refunded … NOPE, I can't go for that , no can do

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I was in the mass cancel group of March 12.  I took the Option 1 Higher Value to be applied to a future cruise credit.  My TA submitted the form for me and I got an email Compensation receipt from Princess on 3/12.  My TA said my EZ Air would be part of the compensation.  However, I booked the excursions myself and charged to my credit card.  Does anyone know if those costs will be rolled into my compensation or a separate refund to my credit card?  Thanks.  

41 minutes ago, gardenbunny said:

I was in the mass cancel group of March 12.  I took the Option 1 Higher Value to be applied to a future cruise credit.  My TA submitted the form for me and I got an email Compensation receipt from Princess on 3/12.  My TA said my EZ Air would be part of the compensation.  However, I booked the excursions myself and charged to my credit card.  Does anyone know if those costs will be rolled into my compensation or a separate refund to my credit card?  Thanks.  

Excursions refund to credit card. 

I will no longer be pre purchasing anything before my cruise.  However, I did get my excursion, drink, & specialty dining refunded to my credit card already. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, voljeep said:

agreed - I would have a very hard time sending Princess, or any other cruise line, a new deposit while waiting for a previous cancelled deposit to be refunded … NOPE, I can't go for that , no can do

same here. Prices for summer & fall 2021 are climbing up there. They want $520/ cabin deposit. And they never returned my 2 FCD from my cancelled cruise. No more money from me until you all get your compensation. My booking and FCC disappeared from my personalizer again last night. It is back  today. 

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Agreed - I am waiting on refunds from Princess and Carnival and have been ready to rebook since early March. However, I will not do so until I have my refund processed - not willing to be any more out of pocket right now. The cruise lines keep saying how they want us back and how we should rebook, but they are really not doing themselves any favours!

The first notification came on March 5 offering $200 in additional OBC if we go on our March 16 cruise. I accepted. One week later on the 12th. The cruise was cancelled by Princess and given options. We took #2. #1 was the best in money as FCC but we wanted our money back in our account and we will have $1,904.00 in FCC also. Of which we already booked another cruise but gave no deposit. I am wondering how long it will stay on the web site waiting for payment. It has been two weeks so far. It is for May 16 on the Caribbean Princess it will be it's first sailing if it happens at all. So it has only been 3 weeks so far and already seems like 2 months. TA said the soonest might be 30-45 days for everything to be received. According to Princess. They will send an email when it is completed. Even though. Every day I check our Bank account and Princes website for the refund and the FCC.

37 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

The first notification came on March 5 offering $200 in additional OBC if we go on our March 16 cruise. I accepted. One week later on the 12th. The cruise was cancelled by Princess and given options. We took #2. #1 was the best in money as FCC but we wanted our money back in our account and we will have $1,904.00 in FCC also. Of which we already booked another cruise but gave no deposit. I am wondering how long it will stay on the web site waiting for payment. It has been two weeks so far. It is for May 16 on the Caribbean Princess it will be it's first sailing if it happens at all. So it has only been 3 weeks so far and already seems like 2 months. TA said the soonest might be 30-45 days for everything to be received. According to Princess. They will send an email when it is completed. Even though. Every day I check our Bank account and Princes website for the refund and the FCC.

I did get my FCC. They reversed decision on giving me the bonus for Option 1 they told my TA I qualified for. My TA got an email from Princess this past week and my case is done. So if you book with TA they get the email. My FCC has shown up in my Circle Account and disappeared twice now. Website problems. Call to do a new booking. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

The cruise lines keep saying how they want us back and how we should rebook, but they are really not doing themselves any favours!

This subject is being discussed from a slightly different angle from a thread I started >>

Well filed my dispute with my credit card companies for my money. Seems I will get my monies faster than the cruise company is offering. That’s real sad that I had to go this route for the refund.  This also forces the company to respond in a timely manner or the charges automatically get reversed, according to the credit card companies.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KcFanNindy said:

Well filed my dispute with my credit card companies for my money. Seems I will get my monies faster than the cruise company is offering. That’s real sad that I had to go this route for the refund.  This also forces the company to respond in a timely manner or the charges automatically get reversed, according to the credit card companies.

It will be Interesting now if your dispute will hasten the rest of those With $$ owing,

• Haha 1

Is the 60 days for refunds considered to be from date of cancellation or from March 20 when the advisory was posted? We were supposed to be on the Sapphire sailing on Feb 13 from Singapore. We have received 50% FCC and are waiting on the additional 50% FCC promised and the full refund. Originally we were told 5-10 business days, then 3-6 weeks, and as of last week were told it could be another 60 days.

5 minutes ago, KcFanNindy said:

did you cancel your cruise, or did Princess cancel your cruise ?

you're not expecting "ANY" FCC at this point after you did that, correct ?