Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

3 minutes ago, rlbeck said:

We received our refund back to our cc today! All money that was paid to Princess. Still have air, hotel and insurance claims out, but good news here....for sure! 🙂

What date was your cruise? Not that it matters anymore.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just got off the latest webinar. Once again confirmed that ALL FCCs from pause 1 were complete, providing the choice of option 1/2 was received prior to April 30th. They stated that if you had not yet received it and had submitted your form to contact your TA or Princess. Any pause 1 forms submitted after April 30th would not be processed until after May 31st.

Additionally, they are no longer going by sailing date for refunds as this was causing further delays. Instead they are using a combination or cancellation date, sailing date, and circumstances of refund (I assume that means easy as opposed to complex).

An email will be going to anyone that cancelled cruises that would have been in pause 3 (forget the specific timeframe for cancellation) to include them in the double deposit offer if not paid in full and refund has not been received.

Then you were lied to... I'm assuming Pause 1 was March 12th, when Princess first canceled cruises thru May 11 - Ours was scheduled to depart May 9th.  We received the cancellation email March 12th, replied with a request for Option 2 (as my wife is totally spooked and won't ever go on a cruise until there is a big change) and have gotten three emails - no money  - no FCC - nothing.  

12 hours ago, nho9504 said:

Frankly the biggest issue I have with Princess is its opaque handling of the whole process.   It acts as if we are all idiots who would believe anything they say. 

It completely changes our opinion on the company, even though we have had over 35 cruises with them,  2/3 of all the cruises we have taken.  Going forward we dont even know if we would cruise again because we value our lives more than the pleasure from cruising!  If we cruise again,  Princess certainly would not be our first or second or even third choice. 

This captures my sentiments exactly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BGIBOY said:

All,

I live in the UK and were due to sail on April 4th.  We completed our form on March 12th, selecting option 2, Refund & FCC.

Today I checked my Princess account and FCCs have been applied - good news. I therefore checked with the TA regards the refund element but nothing received yet - not so good news but a little more confident we are being dealt with.

Regards FCCs and appealing to the experts on here, how are they allocated? We are a family of 4, 2 adults & 2 kids, but only I have a Princess account log on currently. To see all FCC do I have to create accounts for each of us - they have membership numbers or does it just go to the lead booker?

Thanks and good luck everybody with getting your refunds.

We had 4 adults and 2 kids in our case.  Only their mother could see the kids' FCC.  With FCC following the passenger, reconfiguring to make best use of the FCC was a challenge.  I'd hoped the FCC for everyone in a cabin could be lumped together but no such luck. 

YES! The refund back to my credit card posted yesterday, 60 days. Prepaid gratuities refunded too. I'm just missing a refund for the $200 future cruise credit I used to make the deposit when the voyage was initially booked. Princess met their stated timeframe. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, muffydawg said:

YES! The refund back to my credit card posted yesterday, 60 days. Prepaid gratuities refunded too. I'm just missing a refund for the $200 future cruise credit I used to make the deposit when the voyage was initially booked. Princess met their stated timeframe. 

When was your cruise?

22 hours ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

Not aimed specifically at you.

BUT

I’m kinda laughing at the people saying their one or 2 cruise calculations are too complicated while they expect princess to do hundreds of thousands of complicated calculations with every one different in a few weeks and have to answer all the calls asking about there refunds at the same time.

😂😂😂

Not really a laughing matter. The people answering the phones are not the ones doing the calculations! Whole other department... that’s why no one there knows what the others are doing!

I can figure out how many FCCs we are owed in about 30seconds on a calculator.  
We are supposed to be reimbursed for 18 days of a 32 day cruise. 
we have gotten ZERO.

Don’t tell me they are not provided a calculator and they are counting on their fingers and toes?!!

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

Good.  We were April 12 and are expecting ours about the end of May.

The refund posted to my credit card 60 days from the date I submitted my online form request choosing Option 2. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Good.  We were April 12 and are expecting ours about the end of May.

Ha ha! Our March 5th cruise was paused on March 12th. We are due FCCs for the last 18 days of that 32 day sailing which was to end on April 6th. 
We have gotten absolutely nothing yet!!

We haven’t even gotten a refund to our credit card for overcharges on our folio!

So based on this... when do you think I should expect ours?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, suzyed said:

Ha ha! Our March 5th cruise was paused on March 12th. We are due FCCs for the last 18 days of that 32 day sailing which was to end on April 6th. 

We haven’t even gotten a refund to our credit card for overcharges on our folio!

You guys should have been dealt with first.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, suzyed said:

You are what Princess is calling an in-transit case.  Ours was simple and pretty straightforward.  From an IT perspective, when dealing with potentially hundreds of thousands of disparate transactions it makes sense to process the greater bulk first and deal with exceptions later.  I know that doesn't give you any comfort but it is likely the reality.  Personally, I would divert the exceptions to a special handling bucket and not to the end of the process.

13 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Are  there time frames based on these pauses 1-3 and what are they?

IMO there is no timeframe of any kind. People on our cruise (May 19) were refunded 2 weeks ago; we cancelled four days before they did and Princess tells us our refund has not yet begun the process, nor can they tell us when it will. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

You are what Princess is calling an in-transit case.  Ours was simple and pretty straightforward.  From an IT perspective, when dealing with potentially hundreds of thousands of disparate transactions it makes sense to process the greater bulk first and deal with exceptions later.  I know that doesn't give you any comfort but it is likely the reality.  Personally, I would divert the exceptions to a special handling bucket and not to the end of the process.

Not one rep/customer service person has referred to us as “in transit”. I know what “in transit” typically means but how does it apply in this case?  The calculations are not complicated.

And then how do we explain that my credit card charges have not been corrected for overcharges totally unrelated to the “pause”?

3 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

IMO there is no timeframe of any kind. People on our cruise (May 19) were refunded 2 weeks ago; we cancelled four days before they did and Princess tells us our refund has not yet begun the process, nor can they tell us when it will. 🤷‍♀️

Welcome to my world!

I was booked for Sky Princess sailing out on 3/21/20. Still no credit back to my card or future cruise credit on my account. I'm now filing a dispute with my credit card to get my money back, it's been over 60 days from the date of sailing.

It would have been nice to get the 100% future cruise credit they promised, & I hope I still do. Since Princess can't process a refund in a timely manner, I hope my credit card will. If I don't get my future cruise credit, I think I'll boycott Carnival. I'm upset with them handling this so slowly. There are articles online suggesting Carnival is running a ponzi scheme, using future bookings to pay back the refunds owed to us. I think it may be true since Carnival just keeps delaying the refunds.

Good luck to the rest of you.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Not one rep/customer service person has referred to us as “in transit”. I know what “in transit” typically means but how does it apply in this case?  The calculations are not complicated.

And then how do we explain that my credit card charges have not been corrected for overcharges totally unrelated to the “pause”?

The term came up in a post earlier this week based on a Princess webinar.  I called yesterday about the status of our refund just out of curiosity and asked the rep what "in transit" meant.  As you'd expect, the response was general and not specific to the current situation.  For overcharges, at this point I wouldn't wait on Princess to resolve them but instead go to the CC company.  But it's not your first dance so you've probably done that already.

• Like 1

We received our refund today. Our cruise was scheduled for April 04 Caribbean Princess. We chose option 2 on March 12. 

FCC received end of April

Our future cruise deposit was put back into our account last week and

full remaining balance received on credit card today. 

We hope everyone else receives there refunds soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2020 at 6:40 AM, Geoffa30 said:

Hurrah! Some positive news. Checked my credit card this morning and our refund has arrived.

Our cruise was on Sky Princess on 28 March. We chose option two on 12 March so refund took 68 days from submission. Now to wait for the 50% bonus FCC to show up in my account. We had had the FCDs that were used to book the cruise around three or four weeks ago.

Update - we have now received our 50% bonus FCC into our account so everything sorted for us now. Hurrah!

Hope everyone receives their refunds in due course. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2020 at 7:54 AM, lhsail said:

It is not. We are still waiting on 3/23 and some have received from our 4/8 sailing. 

We just received a portion of a refund today for an April 4th sailing.  Two different credit cards were used and although my TA mentioned that it would go back on the credit card on file, that is not what we are seeing ... well, hopefully not anyway.  I believe the banks have different processing times on posting these credits ... hopefully, the other one with the larger amount on it is just a day or so behind.  

• Like 1