Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
lahore

Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

Recommended Posts

I'm wondering if Princess and other lines have reached the conclusion that if/when cruising resumes, it will be so limited and different from the past that it will have little appeal for those of us who have cruised pre-Covid-19, so the cruise lines need not be concerned about how they treat their formerly-loyal guests. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just checking in - did you get your refund? It seems the May 15th processing has resulted in a number of people getting money! Fingers crossed for you!

Not yet. I spoke with the dispute supervisor from my bank yesterday and we will wait until Friday the 29th, that will give Princess 10 business days, then if it hasn't, she'll complete the dispute. She stated the delay is with the merchant, not the bank so we'll see. 

 

I'm really happy to read lots of folks are getting their refunds!

Thank for the crossed fingers. Good luck to you too.

I'll post once it has hit my account or I end up completing the dispute.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

 

It's on YouTube - found it and listened last night.  

 

LOL - shows how much I listen!

I'm usually trying to get all my questions submitted, which are then ignored.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

No call back yet

I haven't heard the terms "in transit" on the webinars, but may have just missed it. The term that came up this week that was new to me was from the rep I spoke with by phone - "compassionate" cancellations. She was referring to those of us who cancelled prior to Princess but were included in the pause/offers. It seems this group of people, despite being the first to cancel, are among the last being processed.

I did find a couple of posts referencing "in transit".  This discussion has been all over the planet and it's easy for my God-I-wish-I-was-retired memory to slip.   It'll never happen but I'd love to see an after action report explaining who did what, when and why.  And especially how can Princess improve support in places like the UK.  I'm afraid I touched a raw nerve with aulanis yesterday.  I'll have to hunt him down for a peace pint if we get over there again.  🍻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have received our FCC today for April 12th transpacific cruise. Princess cancelled on 12th March & we opted for Option 2 on March 17th. No refund yet! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 4, Royal, selected option 2 on March 12. FCC received in April.

 

I used two credit cards for payments and just received the refund to the first card (American Express). I'd put $500 on the Amex because of the Amex Offer for $100 back on a $500 cruise charge. I did get that $100 credit immediately after charging, so I wonder if that'll get clawed back (totally fine if it does, of course).

 

No refund yet on my Chase card, but am now feeling very hopeful. I'm going under the assumption that processing times differ for different credit card programs.

 

Until I started seeing several folks posting this week about refunds coming in, I was getting ready to dispute the charges. I'm glad I didn't bother.

 

Good luck folks - I think the tide is turning on refunds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone in this forum posted the toll free number for Bottom Line regarding refund cheques.  I have scrolled down the past dozen pages but still could not find it.  Would someone be kind enough to post it again as I would like go follow up on my refund as well.  Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, suzyed said:

Not really a laughing matter. The people answering the phones are not the ones doing the calculations! Whole other department... that’s why no one there knows what the others are doing!

I can figure out how many FCCs we are owed in about 30seconds on a calculator.  
We are supposed to be reimbursed for 18 days of a 32 day cruise. 
we have gotten ZERO.

Don’t tell me they are not provided a calculator and they are counting on their fingers and toes?!!

As you know, we are like you and were cancelled mid-cruise....for us, 10 days before the end of our 20 dayer. The letter delivered to our cabin that gave us the Option 1 and Option 2 choices, said that for Option 1, the FCCs would amount to 125% of the cruise fare paid ….which means getting 125% of the total fare we paid for the 20 days, even though we cruised for 10 of those days.

 

If you got the same wording, I take that to mean that you should be getting 125%FCC for your total 32 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smithmlmx said:

Anyone received a CC refund for March 28 Sky?

 I was supposed to have been on this cruise.  Nothing received  yet.  But my case is a bit more complex than the standard Pause 1.  I canceled before Princess did their pause but I’m still in pause 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received mine this AM, from a 4 April  cruise canceled by Princess in the initial 60 voluntary pause.  FCCs credited to account some time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chrysalis said:

As you know, we are like you and were cancelled mid-cruise....for us, 10 days before the end of our 20 dayer. The letter delivered to our cabin that gave us the Option 1 and Option 2 choices, said that for Option 1, the FCCs would amount to 125% of the cruise fare paid ….which means getting 125% of the total fare we paid for the 20 days, even though we cruised for 10 of those days.

 

If you got the same wording, I take that to mean that you should be getting 125%FCC for your total 32 days.

With option 1 we were under the impression it would be 225% of the last 18 days.

customer service onboard told us it would be the prorated for the days beyond the first 14 days.

who knows? 
125% or 225% of nothing equals nothing...

 

have you gotten anything yet?

 

Edited by suzyed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Not yet. I spoke with the dispute supervisor from my bank yesterday and we will wait until Friday the 29th, that will give Princess 10 business days, then if it hasn't, she'll complete the dispute. She stated the delay is with the merchant, not the bank so we'll see. 

 

I'm really happy to read lots of folks are getting their refunds!

Thank for the crossed fingers. Good luck to you too.

I'll post once it has hit my account or I end up completing the dispute.

 

 

 

called Princess again today--my money was 'released' to the credit card co on 5-13-20 supposedly.  To date, neither they or I have seen a penny of it hit the account.  I did get another 'sorry for the delay' e-mail today from Princess.  It would seem someone is trying to mislead me.  I cancelled a 4-11-20 voyage on 3-5-20 and opted for option 2 on 3-12-20. Dispute filed 4-27-20/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

 I was supposed to have been on this cruise.  Nothing received  yet.  But my case is a bit more complex than the standard Pause 1.  I canceled before Princess did their pause but I’m still in pause 1. 

No not ‘complex’  .. we are called ‘compassionate cancellations’ according to what @ceilidh1 was told in webinar.

AND we go to back of the bus in the refund department apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We received a payment that was less than the amount paid.  We were to have a

400 credit from payment of air that was less than we paid.  It was credit on the

booking though was to be refunded to us on January18, 2020.   Hopefully, we will see

the money.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, remydiva said:

No not ‘complex’  .. we are called ‘compassionate cancellations’ according to what @ceilidh1 was told in webinar.

AND we go to back of the bus in the refund department apparently.

The term wasn't used in the webinar - the rep on the phone used it. I've been mulling it over and not sure I like the term. It makes it sound as if they going out of their way to do us a favour. LOL. Like "we will make an exception for you..." To be honest, at this stage I would settle for the original terms at cancellation (around $2300 in refundable amounts back to cc and cancellation penalty of just over $3000 as FCC) - don't do me any favours, just give me what I am owed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Coral said:

What date was your cruise? Not that it matters anymore.

April 4th Ruby. Syd to Van. 35day tp.as  Was cancelled by Princess on the 12th and we requested option #2 soon as the link came up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rlbeck said:

April 4th Ruby. Syd to Van. 35day tp.as  Was cancelled by Princess on the 12th and we requested option #2 soon as the link came up. 

Feeling Hopeful

We too were on that cruise..

FCC received a few weeks ago

waiting on refund.

Thanks for posting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I just got so excited as I got a call from customer relations. My excitement was short lived. This was about my cancelled AUGUST cruise and she claimed she was unable to look at the March booking. So, get this...my August cruise only had a deposit paid so I figured I would go for the double deposit FCC. It was only a 3 day cruise so the deposit due back when I booked a year ago was $74. Customer relations just called and told me I wasn't eligible for the double deposit because 1) I had paid less than $100 and that was the minimum amount (which is WRONG because even those who had $1 deposits are eligible for double deposit - minimum FCC is $100) and 2) The $74 I paid was not the full deposit required (also wrong - I'm 100% sure that if it was not the full deposit the booking would have been cancelled long ago). Anyways, I told her she was incorrect and suggested she might want to get the information that was being given to TAs and passengers before she spoke to anyone else. I also said that I really couldn't care less about the FCC at this point - if she wanted to refund me then go the hell ahead with it. Seriously, you try to help this company out and they just can't get it together!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, rlbeck said:

April 4th Ruby. Syd to Van. 35day tp.as  Was cancelled by Princess on the 12th and we requested option #2 soon as the link came up. 

Sounds like it would have been a great cruise! Sorry.... I had said "not that it matters anymore" as they don't seem to be going by sailing date anymore. My sailing was April 19th transatlantic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ccqueenanne said:

April 4, Royal, selected option 2 on March 12. FCC received in April.

 

I used two credit cards for payments and just received the refund to the first card (American Express). I'd put $500 on the Amex because of the Amex Offer for $100 back on a $500 cruise charge. I did get that $100 credit immediately after charging, so I wonder if that'll get clawed back (totally fine if it does, of course).

 

No refund yet on my Chase card, but am now feeling very hopeful. I'm going under the assumption that processing times differ for different credit card programs.

 

Until I started seeing several folks posting this week about refunds coming in, I was getting ready to dispute the charges. I'm glad I didn't bother.

 

Good luck folks - I think the tide is turning on refunds.

My $100 on my AmEX card was clawed back within a few days, as expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 4th sailing on the Sky...  filled out paperwork for option 2 on March 15th.

 

Over 2K airfair

Over 6K cruise cost

Over 1K activities booked

 

NO REFUND ON ANYTHING!  Great job Princess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sxc said:

Someone in this forum posted the toll free number for Bottom Line regarding refund cheques.  I have scrolled down the past dozen pages but still could not find it.  Would someone be kind enough to post it again as I would like go follow up on my refund as well.  Thanks

 

I do not know if this is the number you are looking forward 800-774-6237 on Page #92 post #2285.  I am still waiting for my refund it comes to 60 days next week.  I will give them a call soon after it hits 60 days.

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

The term wasn't used in the webinar - the rep on the phone used it. I've been mulling it over and not sure I like the term. It makes it sound as if they going out of their way to do us a favour. LOL. Like "we will make an exception for you..." To be honest, at this stage I would settle for the original terms at cancellation (around $2300 in refundable amounts back to cc and cancellation penalty of just over $3000 as FCC) - don't do me any favours, just give me what I am owed!

Sorry I knew you’d said it just forgot where 🙂

agree the term sounds like we are being treated differently ..maybe even punished for having the nerve to see the writing in the wall .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slotown said:

called Princess again today--my money was 'released' to the credit card co on 5-13-20 supposedly.  To date, neither they or I have seen a penny of it hit the account.  I did get another 'sorry for the delay' e-mail today from Princess.  It would seem someone is trying to mislead me.  I cancelled a 4-11-20 voyage on 3-5-20 and opted for option 2 on 3-12-20. Dispute filed 4-27-20/

So for you, Tuesday the 26th will be 10 business days. I'm not clear, you said you already filed a dispute on 4/27 and the bank/credit card company didn't credit your account already?

 

My cruise was on /4/11 also and I requested option 2-refund on 3/13. 

I think a big mistake Princess is making is telling people that their refund was "processed/issued" on a specific date when it seems like that may not be the case. However, folks are reporting they're getting their money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...