Cruise Critic Community
lahore

Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

I was speaking with a friend. If I filed a dispute last week and get a refund next week (we can all hope), is it due to the dispute, due to Princess finally issuing a refund or Princess prompted to issue a refund due to the dispute? I am not sure if we will really know. Though the credit card will list the result of the dispute.

I'm not sure of all credit cards are the same, but when I filed with Capital One I was told this:

A provisional credit will be given and they will attempt to contact the merchant to resolve. If the merchant agrees that the dispute is valid, the provisional credit becomes permanent and it is marked as resolved. This is NOT coming from Princess, this is the credit card wiping the payment you made to them and the credit card will claim the money back from Princess. If Princess does not agree it is a valid dispute, the credit remains provisional until either side has valid proof (in our case, the proof is that they stated a timeline and didn't meet it). In the event Princess refunds DURING the dispute process, the refund would be a separate amount appearing on your credit card - so you would still have the provisional credit. Capital One told me that this may happen as Princess has until July to respond so they may willingly refund prior to even responding (mostly happens when refunds are automated, apparently). The rep I spoke to told me that I wouldn't need to inform the credit card if this happens as they will automatically cancel the provisional credit if a permanent credit from the vendor posts.

Hope this makes sense!

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm not sure of all credit cards are the same, but when I filed with Capital One I was told this:

A provisional credit will be given and they will attempt to contact the merchant to resolve. If the merchant agrees that the dispute is valid, the provisional credit becomes permanent and it is marked as resolved. This is NOT coming from Princess, this is the credit card wiping the payment you made to them and the credit card will claim the money back from Princess. If Princess does not agree it is a valid dispute, the credit remains provisional until either side has valid proof (in our case, the proof is that they stated a timeline and didn't meet it). In the event Princess refunds DURING the dispute process, the refund would be a separate amount appearing on your credit card - so you would still have the provisional credit. Capital One told me that this may happen as Princess has until July to respond so they may willingly refund prior to even responding (mostly happens when refunds are automated, apparently). The rep I spoke to told me that I wouldn't need to inform the credit card if this happens as they will automatically cancel the provisional credit if a permanent credit from the vendor posts.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks - I have Chase and Citicard and neither went into the long explanation. 

18 hours ago, tonit964 said:

So for you, Tuesday the 26th will be 10 business days. I'm not clear, you said you already filed a dispute on 4/27 and the bank/credit card company didn't credit your account already?

My cruise was on /4/11 also and I requested option 2-refund on 3/13. 

I think a big mistake Princess is making is telling people that their refund was "processed/issued" on a specific date when it seems like that may not be the case. However, folks are reporting they're getting their money. 

cancelled 4/11 cruise 3/5 and made claim via platinum ins/AON (for medical reasons).  Port fees $480 reimbursed 3/6. Then AON cancelled my claim and referred me back to Princess.  Filed 3/12 (option 2) at their invitation and given 30 day time frame, the 45, then 60.  Filed dispute 4/27 and given immediate 'provisional' reimbursement of final payment amount pending their resolution with Princess which also needs to include  deposit amounts and travel insurance amount initially made when cruise was booked.  Princess agrees with my figures(verified by telecon) and says they 'released' funds. Cap 1 show no record.  I hesitate to touch provisional payment as I have little faith in Princess at this time.  Best of luck to all.

1 minute ago, Coral said:

Thanks - I have Chase and Citicard and neither went into the long explanation. 

Yeah, my RBC gave me zero explanation. To add to the confusion with that card, they are claiming I have already been refunded by the merchant as they are seeing the refund posted back in April from CARNIVAL. Ugh. Have to follow up with them again on Monday because, unlike Capital One, they are only open Monday-Friday.

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yeah, my RBC gave me zero explanation. To add to the confusion with that card, they are claiming I have already been refunded by the merchant as they are seeing the refund posted back in April from CARNIVAL. Ugh. Have to follow up with them again on Monday because, unlike Capital One, they are only open Monday-Friday.

Mine was a little complicated. I did get an immediate refund for excursions and also got a refund for cheaper air which was credited to the wrong credit card. So it was a long conversation explaining charges.

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

Oh...lots of folks, myself included, have gotten provisional credits from their cc's.  What I was wondering was if Princess is doing actual refunds to people who filed disputes.

I filed a dispute on May 5th for cancellation on March 5 for May 4th cruise. Received full Princess refund today!

7 minutes ago, trrn2016 said:

I filed a dispute on May 5th for cancellation on March 5 for May 4th cruise. Received full Princess refund today!

In your case, I think the dispute might have kicked them into action. Like me, you cancelled before Princess did. Yesterday I was told that this group would not be processed until after all of the Princess cancellations. My booking has not been touched (other than notes when I contacted them) since cancellation on March 10th.

22 minutes ago, Slotown said:

cancelled 4/11 cruise 3/5 and made claim via platinum ins/AON (for medical reasons).  Port fees $480 reimbursed 3/6. Then AON cancelled my claim and referred me back to Princess.  Filed 3/12 (option 2) at their invitation and given 30 day time frame, the 45, then 60.  Filed dispute 4/27 and given immediate 'provisional' reimbursement of final payment amount pending their resolution with Princess which also needs to include  deposit amounts and travel insurance amount initially made when cruise was booked.  Princess agrees with my figures(verified by telecon) and says they 'released' funds. Cap 1 show no record.  I hesitate to touch provisional payment as I have little faith in Princess at this time.  Best of luck to all.

Thanks for explaining.

Well hopefully you'll receive it by the 26 or 27th. Mine hit 8 days after they released it on the 15th. 

17 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think this may be the number you are looking for:

RegionUS and Canada
Contact Emailmemberservices@paymode-x.com
Phone Number+1 877.443.6944
Phone HoursMonday - Friday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET

Is this a Princess number?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cherylandtk said:

Maybe we shall meet on the road.  We were two doors down from you on the Sapphire from Singapore to Rome ( or was it Northern Lights??); you’re all the way east and we are pretty far west....but have RV, will travel!  And you can always come for Balloon Fiesta after it starts up again.

Northern Lights!!  Wasn't it wonderful!
Are you in NM?  Funny you should mention the Balloon Fiesta....Chuck used to fly Hot Air Balloons...I drove the chase car!  It was fun!

Edited by suzyed

8 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Thanks for explaining.

Well hopefully you'll receive it by the 26 or 27th. Mine hit 8 days after they released it on the 15th. 

At least you are getting communication and some iota of hope...we have gotten no info on refunds, FCCs.

5 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Is this a Princess number?

I believe it is the number for BottomLine Technology. This is the company that issues the cheques if Princess reimburses you that way.

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I just got a letter from Chase online for one of my cards saying that the dispute was "resolved" in my favor .  There were 4 transactions, mostly related to an Alaska sailing on 5/30, which I canceled on 4/14 as part of Pause 2, and which I disputed in conjunction with all my other cruises on 5/5.  

That leaves another Chase card which I also disputed on 5/5.  That was for a 3/14 sailing which I canceled on 3/12 as part of Pause 1.  I do have provisional credits for that.

If you don't mind ... I am curious about something.  If at the beginning of the dispute you were sent a questionnaire and request for supporting documents to be submitted by fax, did you have a very long wait before they acknowledged receipt of you submission?  I have been trying since May 12th and there is no trace of my submission(s) I tried twice.  

28 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Thanks for explaining.

Supposedly mine was 'released' on the 13th or 14th depending on which Princess rep you want to believe.

I filed with my bank and only received a "we will check and get back to you" no provisional.  30 days later,  a refund from Princess was credited to my CC, the entire amount.  At least in my case, Princess did refund my money because I filed a dispute with the bank.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MarkieMark16 said:
2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Is that a short version of mad elephants ? 

Wish I knew what that meant... 

P S Y C H O E L EP H A N T S

Psycho comes from the Greek word psykho, which means mental.  =  Mad?

Edited by Aulanis

42 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

If you don't mind ... I am curious about something.  If at the beginning of the dispute you were sent a questionnaire and request for supporting documents to be submitted by fax, did you have a very long wait before they acknowledged receipt of you submission?  I have been trying since May 12th and there is no trace of my submission(s) I tried twice.  

On the 1 of 3 cards that already resolved in my favor, that was the only one I could do online and I didn't submit anything for that other than just dispute the transactions online which took all of less than a minute to dispute 4 transactions.  This is a Southwest Chase card.

On the 2nd Chase card, I had to call in and relayed all the facts to the rep who said that I may be requested to provide support, etc.  Haven't heard anything on that yet other than the initial provisional credits.  This is an IHG Chase card.

On the BofA card, it took a long time to go through the interview process and I did follow up and upload various documents I had.  Some of these have resolved in my favor but the larger ones have not.

17 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I did on Wednesday. When I saw refunds coming through yesterday I was hoping to be able to get a definitive answer so I could cancel the dispute. 

You do not need to cancel the dispute - if the refunds ACTUALLY posted to your account (and not just being told by a Princess agent that are coming...), the bank's system would automatically reconcile it with the temporary credit from the dispute - then the credit issued previously by the bank would be reversed - there is not a single action you need to take.  At least that is how Chase and Citi and AMEX handle disputes once the merchants actually refunded the dispute amount, based on years' experiences when we had to file disputes - often were from hotels charged us long after the stays, or the rental car companies charged some inexplicable amount long after car returned without any issue.

2 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

You do not need to cancel the dispute - if the refunds ACTUALLY posted to your account (and not just being told by a Princess agent that are coming...), the bank's system would automatically reconcile it with the temporary credit from the dispute - then the credit issued previously by the bank would be reversed - there is not a single action you need to take.  At least that is how Chase and Citi and AMEX handle disputes once the merchants actually refunded the dispute amount, based on years' experiences when we had to file disputes - often were from hotels charged us long after the stays, or the rental car companies charged some inexplicable amount long after car returned without any issue.

Yes, my Capital One rep confirmed that for me! 

@CarelessAndConfused

Thanks.  Mine is quite complex, so I expected I would need to be prepared with documentation, and I was.  My problem is getting Chase to receive it into their system.  It could be that they are so slammed with disputes/claims. I am not expecting a rapid resolution, or even the provisional credit anytime soon,  but it is frustrating not to be able to just know that they received the submission. 

Has anyone had a refund to a gift card?  1300 of my partial payment was made with gift cards.  

Chase told me to wait for Princess's denial and then they will ask for documentation.

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

Chase told me to wait for Princess's denial and then they will ask for documentation.

Princess denial of what exactly?

6 minutes ago, teddie2 said:

Has anyone had a refund to a gift card?  1300 of my partial payment was made with gift cards.  

This is from the FAQ page on the Princess site.

If I have used my Princess Cruises Gift Card to pay for my cruise and opted for a refund, how can I receive it? (North American Guests Only)
If you have your original Princess Cruises Gift Card, a credit will be added back to that card, so always hold on to your gift cards even after you fully use them. If you do not have the original card, contact Princess Cruises Gift Card Customer Service at giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com or 1-855-426-0168, and a new Princess Cruises Gift Card will be sent to you.

Yes thaj

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

This is from the FAQ page on the Princess site.

If I have used my Princess Cruises Gift Card to pay for my cruise and opted for a refund, how can I receive it? (North American Guests Only)
If you have your original Princess Cruises Gift Card, a credit will be added back to that card, so always hold on to your gift cards even after you fully use them. If you do not have the original card, contact Princess Cruises Gift Card Customer Service at giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com or 1-855-426-0168, and a new Princess Cruises Gift Card will be sent to you.

Yes thanks I don't have the cards and called that number they said once the 200 cash payment for the deposit is made to my cc then I should call them back but I never got anything from princess saying what they owed me ect only that I cancelled (and I did this on the phone with a princess agent who said I would get all refunded) that was a month and a half ago... so was just wondering if anyone had gotten a refund on a gift card as most here were refunded either to their cc or FCC