Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Still nothing showing up on our FCC or refund for pre paid gratuities. Cruise date was March 18th.  I have no trouble waiting but would like an update.  I think it is time to call them.  Anyone else from a March date still waiting?   

15 minutes ago, memoak said:

Just got full refund back to 2 different credit cards for a May 5 cruise

Our cruise was suppose to be on May 4th. We got our FCC several weeks back. Hope we get our refund on CC soon.

• Like 1

Was I suppose to receive a confirmation email after I filled out the FCC option 1 form?  I did not.  Also, do we receive a refund of the taxes paid or is that included in the FCC?  Thanks

11 minutes ago, Gelerp said:

Still nothing showing up on our FCC or refund for pre paid gratuities. Cruise date was March 18th.  I have no trouble waiting but would like an update.  I think it is time to call them.  Anyone else from a March date still waiting?   

We were scheduled for the March 26th Crown Princess transatlantic cruise.  We selected Option 2 on March 13th and are still waiting for our money to be returned to our credit card for our cruise, taxes and fees, and EZ Air fare from Barcelona to Miami.  We are lucky that we live near Ft. Lauderdale so we only needed one way air fare.  We received our FCC on April 21st for 50% of the price of the cruise.  We went to file a dispute with our Costco Citibank credit card but was told since we made our initial deposit in July we were still covered by their trip cancellation insurance that Citibank discontinued in September.  We filed a claim with them and have submitted all of the paperwork they asked for and are still awaiting our refund.  We are very disappointed with Princess and the way they have handled this.  If we use our FCCs it will be on a last minute cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean.  

56 minutes ago, Gelerp said:

Was I suppose to receive a confirmation email after I filled out the FCC option 1 form?  I did not.  Also, do we receive a refund of the taxes paid or is that included in the FCC?  Thanks

Yes. The subject line should be as such:

PrincessReceipt.png

(There might be a few different variations, but that's the one you get from submitting the form in March.)

Edit: Sorry, misread the original post-- that's what you get for filling out the form and selection Option 2. Not sure if you get the same response for Option 1.

Edited by Cuedon

39 minutes ago, ezi-amy said:

We were scheduled for the March 26th Crown Princess transatlantic cruise.  We selected Option 2 on March 13th and are still waiting for our money to be returned to our credit card for our cruise, taxes and fees, and EZ Air fare from Barcelona to Miami.  We are lucky that we live near Ft. Lauderdale so we only needed one way air fare.  We received our FCC on April 21st for 50% of the price of the cruise.  We went to file a dispute with our Costco Citibank credit card but was told since we made our initial deposit in July we were still covered by their trip cancellation insurance that Citibank discontinued in September.  We filed a claim with them and have submitted all of the paperwork they asked for and are still awaiting our refund.  We are very disappointed with Princess and the way they have handled this.  If we use our FCCs it will be on a last minute cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean.  

Check your credit card statement, because I just today received a full refund for our Crown Princess cruise from Ft.  Lauderdale to Rome!!  I'm so happy, and can't wait to start sailing the seas with Princess again!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Check your credit card statement, because I just today received a full refund for our Crown Princess cruise from Ft.  Lauderdale to Rome!!  I'm so happy, and can't wait to start sailing the seas with Princess again!

I check every day but still no refund.  Happy for you and keeping our fingers crossed that we will see our refund soon.

48 minutes ago, ezi-amy said:

I check every day but still no refund.  Happy for you and keeping our fingers crossed that we will see our refund soon.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, too.  Best wishes!

3 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

That's good news 🙂

Update on my refunds.

I had two cruises (B2B), one on April 18 and one on April 25. I cancelled both late on the evening March 11 (great timing on my part). I resubmitted both the next day under the March 12 Pause.

I rec’d an e-mail on the April 25 cruise on May 5 offering me additional FCC if I switched to Option 1 (I did not).  I had to May 31 to accept this offer and I suspect that is why I have not seen anything else on this cruise.

As I had not rec’d the same e-mail on the other cruise I called Princess on May 7 and was told I should be getting a refund on it in a couple of weeks. I rec’d a cancellation notice on May 18 and my FCD’s about the same time. Today, I noticed a full refund on my credit card. The refund was dated May 21 but I don’t think it has been there that long. Still missing the FCC’s but I am not sure I will ever be able to use them.

Hope this helps anyone in similar circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My refund was posted to my credit card account this morning. I was refunded my base fare, port fees & taxes, PVP,  and prepaid shore excursions.  I am still owed for my now expired FCD's and for a prepaid specialty dinner reservation. 

On March 12th, I chose refund option 2 for a scheduled March 15th Panama Canal sailing on the Emerald. My 100% FCC posted to my Captain's Circle account back on April 9th.

I had not filed a credit card dispute, although I was considering doing so in the next week or two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2020 at 3:18 AM, WYB! said:

I didn't contact Princess, in February, Princess cancelled my May 2020 voyage, Princess returned 100% of the funds to my credit card and gave me 25% credit to another voyage in my princess account to be used within 1 year.

what is the expiry date for your FCC? Asking because my FCC has to be used by March 31/21. 

On 3/14/2020 at 10:57 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

I was scheduled to be on the Grand Princess on 3/22.  I've received refunds for everything I paid for with my credit card.  The rest was paid for by gift card and I haven't seen a refund on that in any form.d  We'll see how it goes.

did you get FCC? Gift card refund yet?

On 3/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, ceilidh1 said:

I cancelled for a client through POLAR online on Monday. Their card was refunded on Thursday, but not FCC just yet. I cancelled my own sailing by phone on Tuesday and nothing yet....

did your client get their FCC?

On 3/14/2020 at 1:03 PM, Ombud said:

Same cruise. Paid for it with PayPal, Black Friday Gift Cards, and last payment was Visa. It was all refunded to Visa. Now I can delete the screenshots of those gift cards (as soon as I find out which ones they are 🙄)

Added: when my Majestic Princess cruise was canceled I had to put all GCs on  https://wbiprod.storedvalue.com/WBI/lookupservlet?language=en to find the refund. Never got an email but it was there. 

are you still waiting for more refunds?

Unfortunately yes. Although I've got everything from Pause 1, I cancelled my Sky Princess Transatlantic cruise on September 4th a week before Princess did. Waiting on 4215 split between gift cards and visa & 537 FCC there + 537 FCC pre-Pause 1. It'll come eventually 

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2020 at 1:39 PM, mickrory said:

Received a refund today for our curtailed cruise on Majestic Princess. Its taken one calendar month.

What cruise date & when was it curtailed?

On 3/23/2020 at 5:40 PM, screamingreen said:

Princess cancelled our March 8th cruise on March 8th and received the credit on my credit card on March 9th. They also refunded our future cruise certificate which were just purchased in September 2019. Only have 1 fare credited as FCC so far.

Also received the credit card credit for excursions and pre-purchased alcohol.

did you receive the rest of your refund yet?

14 hours ago, Cuedon said:

Yes. The subject line should be as such:

PrincessReceipt.png

(There might be a few different variations, but that's the one you get from submitting the form in March.)

Edit: Sorry, misread the original post-- that's what you get for filling out the form and selection Option 2. Not sure if you get the same response for Option 1.

I got the same header for Option 1 & Option 2. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 10:11 AM, dearinger said:

Happy to say that my refund for my cruise was in my account this morning. We took the option for refund plus FCC and the refund was in my checking account this morning. It could have been there yesterday but never checked. I had disputed the airfare charge already so didn’t have any concerns about that. The FCC is not in my (or our other) account, so I guess I am still waiting on that. 
So, with the call I received the other day (concerning mailed check for hotel and airfare upgrade) Princess is pretty much giving me back everything they owe me. 
Now to wait for that FCC and the “check in the mail” and I’ll be all done. 
Our cruise was 30 days from today in Japan and I filled out the form the hour it was available (for you stats nerds). 
I hope this is a good sign that the cash is starting to flow and other people start to see their money in the next few days. Thankfully, my job is not impacted by the pandemic and this cash wasn’t “needed” but it is nice to have it back. 

pulling this up as there were not many refunds in April that we noticed. You were one of the lucky ones. Glad it is all settled for you!

41 minutes ago, dog said:

what is the expiry date for your FCC? Asking because my FCC has to be used by March 31/21. 

Initially Princess said that I had to use the FCC within 1 year for the original cancellation, however, I used the FCC to book another cruise for July 2020 which has since also been cancelled.

Since 100% of the actual funds I paid for the 1st cruise were returned the only thing I'm out on the 2nd cruise is for 2 ($100 deposits) which princess required.

I haven't been able to get in contact with my TA to follow up with princess about the 2nd deposit refund ($200) or FCC as I haven't found a cruise to use them on.

Safe travels,

- WYB

Edited by WYB!
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

So far 73 days. No refund. Two email stating thanks for for your patience. Second email arrived a few days ago. That basically told me. it will be a lot longer.

Hav you considered a credit card dispute?

Just now, dog said:

Hav you considered a credit card dispute?

Yes I have. The problem being. The first $200.00 were from a future cruise booking while on a ship 7/8/2018. Then there are two others. 11/28/2018 is when I booked it. Then the final payment 12/11/2019 for our March, 13 2020 cruise. So all three would need to be disputed.

• Like 1