Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

Cancelled a July 2021 cruise on May 4th. We had placed a $200 deposit. At time of cancellation I was informed it could be 90 days before my deposit was refunded to my credit card. Received a credit for $200 on May 29th.

Sorry for those waiting on much larger amounts. I realize that mine was an "easy" one because it did not involve any FCC and was well outside any penalty window. 

22 minutes ago, nbist said:

Cancelled a July 2021 cruise on May 4th

just curious, and absolutely none of my business … but why cancel a cruise so far out ?

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I wish I was only waiting on $200. Not to minimize this but some are waiting on tens of thousands of dollars. You are one of the lucky ones. You will get reimbursed. I think those with cancelled sailings who have made final payment should take priority. Though there is no rhyme or reason on how they are doing this.

I also have another full paid cruise cancelled by Princess on Mar 12 waiting for refund. Mar 26 Crown Princess. I believe all of us deserve the refund regardless of how much Princess owed. Fingers crossed for all of us.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hellopuppies said:

I also have another full paid cruise cancelled by Princess on Mar 12 waiting for refund. Mar 26 Crown Princess. I believe all of us deserve the refund regardless of how much Princess owed. Fingers crossed for all of us.

I agree we all deserve refunds. I just wouldn't complain about $200 when others are out so much more (such as your March 12th cancelled cruise).

I have a cruise I am going to cancel with just a deposit and I am not going to worry about it until everyone else gets refunded their full cruise payments and Princess is caught up. No use adding to the refund list with such a small amount right now when they are so busy with large amounts (and people have lost jobs).

Edited by Coral
Just now, Coral said:

I agree we all deserve refunds. I just wouldn't complain about $200 when others are out so much more (such as your March 12th cancelled cruise).

Everyone has the right to express their own thoughts on this case and post here

Just now, CaribbeanIsland said:

You are right. But I am with Coral. I wouldn't complain about $200. I am waiting for $15K.

Your money is your money no matter how much or little someone thinks it is.

2 hours ago, hellopuppies said:

It just doesn't make any sense. I cancelled Sept 4 Sky Princess on Mar 20. Still my refundable $200 deposit NOT yet refunded to my CC. Called Princess so many times and was promised in 60 days but...............hate calling and waiting

$200??! I wouldn't wait holding for $200 right now when so many are waiting for so much more. There are many who have been waiting much longer than you.

The thing I'm having a little trouble understanding is why cruise lines continue booking cruises that are 50/50 to go. If they cancel, they just increase their backlog and basically piss off their clients. For an example I had a Seabourn cruise booked for May. It was cancelled in March and I got a letter saying, if I chose so, I would receive my refund within 60 days. It is now day 66 since I received that letter and I can't even get an answer from the cruise line about the status of my refund. I am upset with Seabourn I am no longer sympathetic to their problems. In the interim, they pushed back their cruise cancellations 3 times thus creating more of a backlog to refund cash or credit FCC. What's the point? Wouldn't it be better to, for now, to direct most staff to reducing the backlog and start booking for cruises they are over 90% sure will go?  I think it would certainly help them more going forward to have a somewhat  placated clientele then just a bunch of passengers upset with the foot dragging. Where is the management? Hire more temporary staff or outside sources to get the refunds out.  You have to want to get the job done. I think alot of these cruise lines don't. They are trusting on people's complacency. We'll see when the crises has passed.

22 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Since tomorrow is May 31st, the deadline for pause 1 to submit option 1/2 requests, I wonder if all of us still waiting on refunds and FCCs might be processed on Monday? Really hoping this is the case...

Someone posted that Princess released more funds to credit cards on Friday. They should start showing up next week.

33 minutes ago, voljeep said:

just curious, and absolutely none of my business … but why cancel a cruise so far out ?

Situation where we had booked it very early. We had a 17 day booked to Hawaii on HAL for 1/21 and a 15 day cruise to Alaska for July/21. We did a 15 day to Hawaii in January 2020. While we were still on that one, we and our traveling companions decided to cancel the HAL cruise since we had already been to Hawaii many times and for some reason the 15 day we were on just seemed long and a different vibe. We canceled the HAL right away in January when we got home, but kept the Alaska booking for awhile as we did some soul searching. Over the last couple of months we have been discussing why the last cruise seemed different to us (we have sailed several lines and are Platinum on Princess). We decided to cancel the Alaska cruise because we came to the realization that we are tired of cruising and want to do some land trips where we won't be as regimented. I have always loved cruising, but the experience, to me, has become so watered down that the cons out weigh the pros.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, nbist said:

Situation where we had booked it very early. We had a 17 day booked to Hawaii on HAL for 1/21 and a 15 day cruise to Alaska for July/21. We did a 15 day to Hawaii in January 2020. While we were still on that one, we and our traveling companions decided to cancel the HAL cruise since we had already been to Hawaii many times and for some reason the 15 day we were on just seemed long and a different vibe. We canceled the HAL right away in January when we got home, but kept the Alaska booking for awhile as we did some soul searching. Over the last couple of months we have been discussing why the last cruise seemed different to us (we have sailed several lines and are Platinum on Princess). We decided to cancel the Alaska cruise because we came to the realization that we are tired of cruising and want to do some land trips where we won't be as regimented. I have always loved cruising, but the experience, to me, has become so watered down that the cons out weigh the pros.

After 30 cruises we are thinking of taking a break when they do start running again. I agree with you, Watered down  experience ,everything is more expensive.  We are the type that are happy with a beach, hotel with a pool and a a few resturants and  a Publix near by..lol

Edited by Reader0108598
7 hours ago, dog said:

did Princess also say they had completed Pause 1?

lots of misinformation on internet, videos 

lo

They said all FCC for pause 1 folks that had submitted their option 1/2 choice was completed April 30th. We know that’s wrong since there are still some of us pause 1 folk here that have no FCC. 

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

They said all FCC for pause 1 folks that had submitted their option 1/2 choice was completed April 30th. We know that’s wrong since there are still some of us pause 1 folk here that have no FCC. 

ME! 🤚

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I think they forgot to tell the people answering the phone this. When calling this week about my refund, I mentioned the FCC and she said there are a lot of people still waiting for FCC from Pause 1 and "to wait". There was no escalation on this.

Edited by Coral
4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I think they forgot to tell the people answering the phone this. When calling this week about my refund, I mentioned the FCC and she said there are a lot of people still waiting for FCC from Pause 1 and "to wait". There was no escalation on this.

I agree.  It's almost as if they put a "pause" on FCCs.  It's good that there are more people reporting refunds lately but it is really odd that those of us with FCCs coming haven't seen evidence of any action take on these.  We are still waiting for the rest of our refund + FCCs from a pause 1 cruise that we cancelled two days before Princess cancelled it.  And our friends were supposed to be on the same cruise with us but waited until Princess cancelled it and elected Option 1.  According to the Princess TA webinars, that was the group that should have already been processed but they have nothing.  They finally called Princess about it this week and were told that their election was noted in the system and that they would get an email when their FCCs have been processed.  And to be patient.... 

59 minutes ago, Coral said:

The inconsistency is what is most frustrating. At least if everyone was on the same page and giving the same info, there would be more trust. As it is, every person I speak to says something different and I'm at the point where I believe nothing. I would have continued to wait had the same, consistent message been given from the outset but no one actually seems to know anything for sure!

3 hours ago, bernes said:

The thing I'm having a little trouble understanding is why cruise lines continue booking cruises that are 50/50 to go

Hi and welcome to cruise critic.

Whilst your post is not totally out of place here I am thinking you would

get more response if you posted in the Seabourn section,

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/79-seabourn-cruise-line/

there is a refund thread in there.

This thread is in the Princess cruises section.

40 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

The inconsistency is what is most frustrating. At least if everyone was on the same page and giving the same info, there would be more trust. As it is, every person I speak to says something different and I'm at the point where I believe nothing. I would have continued to wait had the same, consistent message been given from the outset but no one actually seems to know anything for sure!

I am not sure if I will do business with Princess in the future. Maybe they will win my loyalty back but right now, looking at other lines. I don't know if they realize how poorly this has been handled is affecting their clients view of Princess.

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I am not sure if I will do business with Princess in the future. Maybe they will win my loyalty back but right now, looking at other lines. I don't know if they realize how poorly this has been handled is affecting their clients view of Princess.

huh, many have posted that Princess reads these threads … maybe try posting on Fakebook ??

4 hours ago, bernes said:

The thing I'm having a little trouble understanding is why cruise lines continue booking cruises that are 50/50 to go.

Because if they cancelled and the cruise was a "go," the people originally booked will be upset and there would be threads asking why did they cancel my cruise and then reinstate it after I made other vacation plans?

Depending how close to sailing the cruise would be reinstated, it is likely that the ship could be sparsely occupied as only last minute planners might book it. And last minute air fares would be high for people who did not live near the port.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, voljeep said:

huh, many have posted that Princess reads these threads … maybe try posting on Fakebook ??

If Princess pays any attention on this thread or Facebook and acts accordingly then there won't be too many complaints about them on here or Facebook.

Princess gave out too many excuses such as too much works and would take up 60 days for any kind of refund, please be patience with them etc.  When their agent told me it would take 10 to 15 days to receive my FULL FARE refund on the cruise I cancelled on March 23, after 30 days I asked Princess on FB they had enough nerve to tell me I would get it back on May 23 (60days) and guess what I still did not receive it back yet.  I asked again on FB this time they did not bother to answer.  Facebook or here Princess will tell the same excuses to hold on the money and has no intention to return.  VERY BAD.

Edited by ChattTenn
6 hours ago, caribill said:

FCC processing schedule.jpg

Proves my point that you can not trust or believe what they say - I am Pause 1. My survey was submitted March 12th. Confirmation was received. It's now May 31st and I still have no FCC. I ALSO have a cancelled sailing in pause 2 (thankfully only a deposit). The sailing is in August - I don't anticipate seeing that refunded until after the sail date.