Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

Got our FCC deposit refund today.  Requested it Mar 30, so it took 70 days.

Also got our FCC deposit from HAL today, also requested Mar 30.  Funny thing is both those FCCs were booked with different credit cards, at different times but both refunds came back to the same card.  Wonder if they've turned over all the refund action to one office.

4 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Yeah, good plan to leave the dispute on since that might be a faster way to get the remainder of your refund.  

I just left a voicemail for the Customer Relations person I had been working with since early March.  She said to call her in June if I hadn’t received my refund by the end of May.  Her voicemail greeting now says to call the general Princess 1-800# if you’re calling about your refund or FCC and that they will be able to help you with your specific situation.  Then when you call the 1-800#, it says if you’re calling about a cancelled cruise to check their website.  

Oh no - I am wondering if she has been furloughed!

My Customer Relations person doesn't return or pick up my calls (I was very polite and only spoke to her maybe 3 times when I had questions because it was confusing if I qualified for Option 1 or 2 because I cancelled before the Pause). The only way I can get her to pick up my calls is if I call from a number she is not familiar with. Last time I spoke with her she said she would contact me mid-May with a status update (which she never did).

Edited by Coral
6 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Got our FCC deposit refund today.  Requested it Mar 30, so it took 70 days.

Also got our FCC deposit from HAL today, also requested Mar 30.  Funny thing is both those FCCs were booked with different credit cards, at different times but both refunds came back to the same card.  Wonder if they've turned over all the refund action to one office.

It wouldn't surprise me if it is is one office amongst the Holland America group that is doing this as Princess falls under this group. They have the same verbiage on their website (As of Friday, May 15 we have refunded millions of dollars of cruises and we continue working through our back log. ) and started processing refunds at the same time.

Edited by Coral
26 minutes ago, BigTimeCruiser said:

We are in a similar situation.  Today have received refunds to our credit card for two cruises that Princess canceled in March.  Not sure if this is because of our credit card dispute or whether Princess did this.  However, we are each short $100 for each cruise totalling $400.  There are no postings in our accounts about our $400 in FCDs.  The FCDs that we used for each of these bookings have not been credited back to our accounts and of course are no longer showing in the accounts.  

I didn't use a FCD on my cruise (I was out). I also booked and made final payment at the same time. Time will tell. I do know my TA contacted Princess in April to find out my refund amount (as I had several air reductions) to make sure their amount was the same as my records. That amount was correct. So there are records somewhere.

Glad you got your funds! What a relief.

Edited by Coral
14 minutes ago, Coral said:

Oh no - I am wondering if she has been furloughed!

My Customer Relations person doesn't return or pick up my calls (I was very polite and only spoke to her maybe 3 times when I had questions because it was confusing if I qualified for Option 1 or 2 because I cancelled before the Pause). The only way I can get her to pick up my calls is if I call from a number she is not familiar with. Last time I spoke with her she said she would contact me mid-May with a status update (which she never did).

Oh...I should have added that her greeting said that if you’re calling about anything else, to leave a message.  I’ve only spoken to her twice.  Once when she called in response to my email and a second time when I called about the Option 1 versus 2 when that first came out.

so...I ventured to call the 1-800# and was lucky to have only a 20 minute wait.  The person I spoke to said my refund was “processed” on 6/3.  The amount he told me would be refunded was $200 short.  I asked about it and said that it was FCD.  He said it would be put back as FCD for future use. I asked what happens if it’s expired (I can’t remember the expiration date). He said if it’s expired, it would be refunded to the credit card but in a separate transaction.  Now I wish I kept track of which FCD I used and when it expired.

Buy your $200 is a mystery since it wasn’t FCD.

As of today I have now received the full refund and FCC for my cancelled May 2 cruise on the Ruby.  Received the paid amount back on my credit card on May 27, received the 25% FCC on June 2, and received the refund on my FCD today.  The FCD I had used had an expiration date of March 8, 2020.

2 minutes ago, Jase0581 said:

As of today I have now received the full refund and FCC for my cancelled May 2 cruise on the Ruby.  Received the paid amount back on my credit card on May 27, received the 25% FCC on June 2, and received the refund on my FCD today.  The FCD I had used had an expiration date of March 8, 2020.

Congratulations. I cancelled on April 3 and another cruise on April 8th Still waiting

13 minutes ago, Jase0581 said:

Great news!  Everything refunded as expected!

13 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

How long did it take for Citi to resolve your dispute?  I disputed mine with my Citi card (through Costco).  I disputed on 5/13 and Citi said Princess has until 7/14 to respond.

I started it the first week in May.  They gave a temp credit within a day.  During the wait time they sent two letters asking what I expected and why even though I stated both in my original complaint.  These need a response by mail not email.  Explained I had no communication from Princess at all and that I wanted cash .. had no use for credits of any kind including gift cards.  I received the credits on June 6th and 8th.  Be sure to respond to any letters.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Well, looks like the FCC shows up shortly before the refund.  Many about a month or two early; In Coral’s case less than a week (June 1).  And 🤞🏻 hopefully we are now seeing refund at 89 days.  

If that’s true: good news is we are at 84 days so only 5 days to go.  Bad news: still no FCC posted yet.  Not holding my breath.  

I'm in the same boat. At least if the FCC showed up, I would have a little more hope. But still nothing on either count....

About 1 week ago, I saw the FCC on our Princess account. To my delight and surprise, this morning I saw the total refund posted to my credit card. We had filled out the Princess cancellation form for 100% refund and 25% FCC on March 12, so it took just shy of 3 months. Our cruise was scheduled for May 9, 2020.

We are very happy with Princess and will continue to cruise with them in the future.

3 hours ago, Coral said:

I didn't use a FCD on my cruise (I was out). I also booked and made final payment at the same time. Time will tell. I do know my TA contacted Princess in April to find out my refund amount (as I had several air reductions) to make sure their amount was the same as my records. That amount was correct. So there are records somewhere.

Glad you got your funds! What a relief.

Surprise, surprise!!!  In the mail today, we received $200 for 2 of the 4 FCDs we used for the cancelled cruises.  Princess is using some processing company out of Maine.  So, hopefully, we will get a check in the next couple of days for the 2 remaining FCDs.

Just now, BigTimeCruiser said:

Surprise, surprise!!!  In the mail today, we received $200 for 2 of the 4 FCDs we used for the cancelled cruises.  Princess is using some processing company out of Maine.  So, hopefully, we will get a check in the next couple of days for the 2 remaining FCDs.

Great!!!

Hi Guys,

We finally received all the refund from Princess, the last 2K showed up on my c c website (dated 6/4/20) today.  This nightmare is finally over for us. 

Ship Name:  Crown Princess

Sail date : 4/25/20 14 days Mediterranean  whatever

Deposit made:  5/8/2019

Final payment paid : 1/23/20 

Option 2 selected:  3/16/20

FCC posted:  4/23/20

First refund showed up:  6/3/20 (70% of the total owed, dated May 29, 2020, 79 days after the selection)

Final refund showed up:  6/8/20 (dated June 4, 2020, 84 days after the selection)

So, indeed it will take up to 90 days to get all your money back, no kidding!!!!😠

Compared to Princess,  a small tour company at Italy called ItalyTours.eu refunded all my money in one week, United airline (as much as I hated them) refunded me in two weeks after I cancelled my flights.... even Allianz refunded me 3 weeks after I contacted them!!!!  What can I say🤷‍♀️

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting!!!  I do believe they will refund eventually, they are just managing their cash flow, that's all!   

Janet

Edited by mfajxc99
12 minutes ago, mfajxc99 said:

Hi Guys,

We finally received all the refund from Princess, the last 2K showed up on my c c website (dated 6/4/20) today.  This nightmare is finally over for us. 

First refund showed up:  6/3/20 (70% of the total owed, dated May 29, 2020, 79 days after the selection)

Final refund showed up:  6/8/20 (dated June 4, 2020, 84 days after the selection)

So, indeed it will take up to 90 days to get all your money back, no kidding!!!!😠

Compared to Princess,  a small tour company at Italy called ItalyTours.eu refunded all my money in one week, United airline (as much as I hated them) refunded me in two weeks after I cancelled my flights.... even Allianz refunded me 3 weeks after I contacted them!!!!  What can I say🤷‍♀️

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting!!!  I do believe they will refund eventually, they are just managing their cash flow, that's all!   

Janet

Cashflow is my suspicions also  just wish they would be honest about it. Day 76 for us and still no progress.

17 minutes ago, mfajxc99 said:

Hi Guys,

Janet

Janet, I understand the time frame for refunds, but then again that tour company, and even United don't have the volume Princess is stuck with.  I mean, if you take the time to figure out the number of bookings per ship per cruise times the number of ships and the number of cruises involved, the figure is mindblowing!!!!  The money is sitting there.  I am one of the fortunate people who don't need the actual refund to cc due to current situation, but know there are many out there that could use the money.  But I truly believe that Princess is doing the best they can and be realistic.  They just can't hire thousands of people for a few months to get up to date.

But that said, I am glad to say my wait is over for my one cruise.  Now I still have three cancelled cruises I am waiting for, but based on this first cruise it will be a long while, but it will come through in the end, I truly believe.  But on to details......

Cruise Date:  03/15/20 ( Panama Canal Cruise)

Cancelled cruise myself:  03/06/20

Turned in form selecting option #2 after Princess cancelled same cruise on 03/12/20- turned in form online on 03/12/20

03/15/20:  Received credit on credit card for excursions, etc.

05/20/2020:  Received FCC in my Personalizer.  Amount was correct.

06/06/20:  Received full cost of cruise that I had paid including vac. insurance, etc. on my CC.

( You can see that this is exactly 90 days almost when I first cancelled!!!)

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands
1 minute ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Janet, I understand the time frame for refunds, but then again that tour company, and even United don't have the volume Princess is stuck with.  I mean, if you take the time to figure out the number of bookings per ship per cruise times the number of ships and the number of cruises involved, the figure is mindblowing!!!!  The money is sitting there.

United doesn't have the volume Princess is stuck with?? I am guessing United had a much larger volume than Princess has.

1 hour ago, RJAM3 said:

I started it the first week in May.  They gave a temp credit within a day.  During the wait time they sent two letters asking what I expected and why even though I stated both in my original complaint.  These need a response by mail not email.  Explained I had no communication from Princess at all and that I wanted cash .. had no use for credits of any kind including gift cards.  I received the credits on June 6th and 8th.  Be sure to respond to any letters.

Good luck!

Thanks!  So far, Citi has not sent me any questions about my dispute but they did give me the conditional credit within a couple of days.

hoping this will all be resolved soon.  I called Princess today and the rep said my refund was “processed” on 6/3.  When I asked how long it would take for me to receive it.  The rep said it would depend on my bank.  So hopefully any day now. 

Just now, Coral said:

United doesn't have the volume Princess is stuck with?? I am guessing United had a much larger volume than Princess has.

Not everyone flies United when cruising.  There are many more airlines to spread out refunds with and then there are those cruisers who drive to port, so I would say that the volume is not as high as Princess.  But that is just an opinion.  Grin.

Pooh

3 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Thanks!  So far, Citi has not sent me any questions about my dispute but they did give me the conditional credit within a couple of days.

hoping this will all be resolved soon.  I called Princess today and the rep said my refund was “processed” on 6/3.  When I asked how long it would take for me to receive it.  The rep said it would depend on my bank.  So hopefully any day now. 

Citi and Chase did not send me any questions either. Chase said they would only ask questions if Princess disputed my claims and then I would have to send them info to back up my claims.

9 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Not everyone flies United when cruising.  There are many more airlines to spread out refunds with and then there are those cruisers who drive to port, so I would say that the volume is not as high as Princess.  But that is just an opinion.  Grin.

Pooh

I agree not everyone flies United when cruising but there is a whole world out there that flies with out cruising. I found an article on March 10th (so before Princess did their 60 day pause) and it says that their bookings were down 70%. In April their traffic fell 97%. They were slashing their flights 90% in May.

I think United has far more customers than Princess has.

Here is a quote: “To help you understand how few people are flying in this environment, less than 200,000 people flew with us during the first two weeks of April this year, compared to more than 6 million during the same time in 2019, a 97 percent drop. And we expect to fly fewer people during the entire month of May than we did on a single day in May 2019.”

https://simpleflying.com/united-passenger-traffic-falls/ 

--------------

Do you think Princess carries 6 million on their ships over a 2 week period in April?

Edited by Coral
Just now, Coral said:

I agree not everyone flies United when cruising but there is a whole world out there that flies with out cruising. I found an article on March 10th (so before Princess did their 60 day pause) and it says that their bookings were down 70%.

I think United has far more customers than Princess has.

Probably also the process to refund is easier for an airline than a cruise co. too.  There are just so many more variables involved with cruise bookings that a real person has to review and handle.  Maybe easier and more automated with just an airfare to refund.  Need to keep that in mind too.  I was a bookkeeper in my prior life (grin) and the thought of what Princess has to check and do and then refund and then see if the cc co. has already done so, etc. is just mind blowing to me.  

Pooh