Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
lahore

Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Yep, it is what it is, but then I have had some orders for stuff from small companies that haven't come even after 60 days etc.  Thank goodness for credit card policies!  I guess I am just shaking my head at how messed up retail is on all levels due to Covid 19 and the sometimes ridiculous regulations and policies in place that are hindering the  availability and flow of goods!  Sometimes I am too understanding and patient!  Grin.

 

Pooh

The difference is that orders involve physical deliveries, often including supply chains from over seas.  In such cases delivery often uses air cargo on commercial aircraft,  no aircraft flights, no cargo space.  No cargo space no deliveries.

 

Cruise ship refunds are entirely electronic and can pretty much be done from anywhere.  Even in a manual operation, the process for a refund would be to look at the data on the screen, including entered data about the passengers request  FCC or Refund, and make the appropriate entry.  Nothing complex, nothing time consuming, unless the company wishes to delay the refund. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Myself and two other couples all received our refunds last night/this morning for a May 9th cruise that Princess cancelled March 13. All of us chose option 2. One couple also received their EZ air money back this morning. 

 

We used FCC deposits that had subsequently expired and these were also refunded as a separate line item.

 

None of us ever contacted Princess or our TA regarding refunds throughout all this. 

 

Glad this is over - good luck to everyone else still waiting! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, DavidandHeather said:

 

We turned elite on our last cruise, if we do cruise with them again, ant that's currently a very big if, we will hold onto all monies until final payment date, had we done this we would now be looking at recovering just £150 plus about $1500 of excursions. Lesson well and truly learned.

We are too elites.  It is a very hard lesson to learn for any future cruise and will hold onto the money until final payment date.  In good faith we paid up nearly 3 weeks early and it is going to nearly 80 days with still no refund from Princess yet (June 13 sailing).

Edited by ChattTenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coral said:

I was supposed to be on  your same cruise.

 

You should have received a bonus. Mine arrived about 2 weeks ago. It has already been applied (with out my knowledge) to a future booking. Keep watching as you should receive 25% bonus.

 

We have no cruise booked for the time being. Will definitely keep watching for the bonus FCC. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After waiting over 70 days for the refund for our cancelled March 21st cruise, I went ahead and filed a chargeback with Visa. I just got the disputed amount posted on my credit card. There is still no FCC from the option 2 that we had chosen. 

 

Anyone here who was successful in their chargeback dispute still received their FCC? I have a feeling that we won't be seeing ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SJunie said:

After waiting over 70 days for the refund for our cancelled March 21st cruise, I went ahead and filed a chargeback with Visa. I just got the disputed amount posted on my credit card. There is still no FCC from the option 2 that we had chosen. 

 

Anyone here who was successful in their chargeback dispute still received their FCC? I have a feeling that we won't be seeing ours.

I disputed the charge on 5/13 after submitting my Option 2 request on 3/14.  I received the FCC on 6/1 and on 6/4 received a refund for our FCDs used as deposits which have since expired.  I called Princess today on the remaining refund balance and she told me that since I disputed the charge, I will be getting the credit from Citi and not Princess since Citi did a chargeback on 6/3/2020.  When I called Citi, they said that if the merchant doesn't respond, then the dispute will be closed in my favor on 6/29. So, perhaps the dispute process made my refund a little more complicated.  But it should be done soon!  But yes, I received the FCC even though I disputed the charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DavidandHeather said:

 

We turned elite on our last cruise, if we do cruise with them again, ant that's currently a very big if, we will hold onto all monies until final payment date, had we done this we would now be looking at recovering just £150 plus about $1500 of excursions. Lesson well and truly learned.

Since our very first cruise, we have always held our money until the final payment due date.  It did not make one bit of difference in this situation. It took 89 days for our money to be refunded (cancelled March 11 for a March 21 Ruby sailing). I don’t even know who refunded us the money first, Princess or our cc company since we filed a dispute while tired of waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

We are too elites.  It is a very hard lesson to learn for any future cruise and will hold onto the money until final payment date.  In good faith we paid up nearly 3 weeks early and it is going to nearly 80 days with still no refund from Princess yet (June 13 sailing).

 

We were fully paid up in February 3 months before final payment date on 15th may. Wont be doing that in future, not for any cruise line or holiday firm, we will be setting up a dedicated holiday (vacation) account and be leaving our hard earned money in it until the last minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, npcl said:

The difference is that orders involve physical deliveries, often including supply chains from over seas.  In such cases delivery often uses air cargo on commercial aircraft,  no aircraft flights, no cargo space.  No cargo space no deliveries.

 

Cruise ship refunds are entirely electronic and can pretty much be done from anywhere.  Even in a manual operation, the process for a refund would be to look at the data on the screen, including entered data about the passengers request  FCC or Refund, and make the appropriate entry.  Nothing complex, nothing time consuming, unless the company wishes to delay the refund. 

Your last sentence says it all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Cancelled our March 14th cruise.  STILL no $ back.  Initiated a CC dispute last week.

I'm also waiting on March 14th cruise. Did you get FCCs yet? I have nothing so far. I also disputed with my credit card and have provisional credits posted. Disputed with Paypal (shore excursions paid this way) and it has been resolved in my favour so that part is taken care of at least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm also waiting on March 14th cruise. Did you get FCCs yet? I have nothing so far. I also disputed with my credit card and have provisional credits posted. Disputed with Paypal (shore excursions paid this way) and it has been resolved in my favour so that part is taken care of at least!

I did get the FCCs mid May...so would have expected the $ at that time too, but no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SJunie said:

After waiting over 70 days for the refund for our cancelled March 21st cruise, I went ahead and filed a chargeback with Visa. I just got the disputed amount posted on my credit card. There is still no FCC from the option 2 that we had chosen. 

 

Anyone here who was successful in their chargeback dispute still received their FCC? I have a feeling that we won't be seeing ours.

We received our FCC under option #2 last week and a couple of days later, Citi closed our chargeback dispute in our favor and made the credit permanent. When we filed the dispute, Princess had 60 days to respond, and heard nothing else until Citi closed it around day 51 or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I canceled in March and Princess cancelled a second one in March and still no refund or FCC. I will not book again until one or two weeks before a sailing. I might find the best cabins aren't available but I'll have to security of not loosing my money again. I also will look to other cruise lines. Princess dropped the ball big time and I don't know what it will take to make me feel "a valued customer" again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now what??

Disputed my March 28 SKY cruise on May 26 with Canadian TD Visa 

. Paid in US dollars to a TA  in Florida. Received disputed amount  Jun 2 - the amount credited was the amount I paid in Cdn $$ ( No conversion) Disputed the 2 year old deposit on Amex. Waiting for resolution. Again disputed amount is the actual Cdn $$ charged (no conversion). 

Today I received Princess passage refund from Princess - so I have the disputed amount AND the Princess refund in my Visa card and Amex. Of course they are different amounts because the amounts refunded from Princess are U$ refunds and converted by the banks to Cdn $$. 

Quite a mess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, smithmlmx said:

Now what??

Disputed my March 28 SKY cruise on May 26 with Canadian TD Visa 

. Paid in US dollars to a TA  in Florida. Received disputed amount  Jun 2 - the amount credited was the amount I paid in Cdn $$ ( No conversion) Disputed the 2 year old deposit on Amex. Waiting for resolution. Again disputed amount is the actual Cdn $$ charged (no conversion). 

Today I received Princess passage refund from Princess - so I have the disputed amount AND the Princess refund in my Visa card and Amex. Of course they are different amounts because the amounts refunded from Princess are U$ refunds and converted by the banks to Cdn $$. 

Quite a mess

The disputed amounts from your credit cards will be added back on to your account and the Princess amounts will remain. At least that is what my two Canadian banks told me when I asked that question (not that Princess has given me any refund as yet...) I believe it will happen automatically and you don't need to inform them, but if it puts your mind at ease then just let them know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

The disputed amounts from your credit cards will be added back on to your account and the Princess amounts will remain. At least that is what my two Canadian banks told me when I asked that question (not that Princess has given me any refund as yet...) I believe it will happen automatically and you don't need to inform them, but if it puts your mind at ease then just let them know.

Thanks ceilidh for the info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smithmlmx said:

Thanks ceilidh for the info

 

There are a number of posts here about receiving the FCCs/refunds these past few days from Pause 1 cruises that were cancelled.

 

The timing is not a surprise. Deadline for making a choice of options was May 31. Even those who made an earlier choice had until May 21 to change their mind.

 

Once May 31 came and went, the FCCs/refunds are going out quickly.

 

Obviously from some posts above, some with Pause 1 cancellations have not been getting their FCCs/refunds as they should be at this point. They should contact their TA or Princess to make sure something is not holding up the issuing of those FCCs/refunds.

 

Pause 2 and Pause 4 cruisers shoud not expect their FCCs/refunds until their decision dates have been reached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancelled my 4/19 TA in mid March. Immediately got my first half from travel agent. Just got my second half today. Received my 25% FCC last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DavidandHeather said:

 

We were fully paid up in February 3 months before final payment date on 15th may. Wont be doing that in future, not for any cruise line or holiday firm, we will be setting up a dedicated holiday (vacation) account and be leaving our hard earned money in it until the last minute.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, caribill said:

 

Pause 2 and Pause 4 cruisers shoud not expect their FCCs/refunds until their decision dates have been reached.

We fell into Pause 3. Our decision date is June 15. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking my credit card this a.m. to see if something I ordered was charged, very surprised to see a credit balance.  I cancelled 3 cruises in April was prepared to not see my $300., I was hoping and pleasantly surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday in the mail I received the cash refund portion of our April 25th, 2020 cruise.  This morning our credit card was credited for the remaining balance. This cruise was canceled on March 17th, 2020 and I selected option 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, caribill said:

Once May 31 came and went, the FCCs/refunds are going out quickly.

 

Obviously from some posts above, some with Pause 1 cancellations have not been getting their FCCs/refunds as they should be at this point. They should contact their TA or Princess to make sure something is not holding up the issuing of those FCCs/refunds.

 

Pause 2 and Pause 4 cruisers shoud not expect their FCCs/refunds until their decision dates have been reached.

Pause 2 decision date was also May 31 as listed on Princess website. Pause 3 listed as June 15.

 

Princess tells my TA and me that there is nothing holding up my refund, just the mythological  ‘handling in sailing date order’.  I am now on day 87; no email since March 16 cancellation confirmation, no FCC and no refund of $7000.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Pause 2 decision date was also May 31 as listed on Princess website. Pause 3 listed as June 15.

does your TA have any inside info about the next wave of cancellations, specifically the November Caribbean sailings ?

 

I believe all remaining Sept and October sailings will be cancelled, just a matter of cash-flow when ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...