Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

On 6/13/2020 at 11:46 AM, voljeep said:

EDIT: and for all those that cancelled their cruise prior to Princess cancelling them … well, check the terms under which you booked … harsh, but in reality ..

I cancelled before Princess did but my deposit was fully refundable as part of their "special offer" (was more $ than a non-refundable one).

I believe I should receive the full deposit.

• Like 2

We are in Australia and were advised by our TA that they have received the refund for our cruise cancelled by Princess (21 March 2020) We now have to wait up to 14 days for the TA to refund back to our credit card. We received the FCC’s for this cruise over a month ago. We have also received FCC’s for a cruise we cancelled a few days before the first pause by Princess including FCC’s for our non refundable ez-air flights. It has been a long wait (90 days) but an end is in sight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have managed to speak to a human on the phone. This one reckons the easiest to process refunds will be done first, i.e. the ones where no action will be required and thinks I am likely to see the FCC credit before the refund.  She did say that the earlier requests i.e. Mar/Apr cancellations were proving more complicated 🤯

I have been following and reading comments on this daily hoping one day it would be my lucky day! We were meant to sail on the Regal on 29/03. We had 2 balcony rooms booked. Today I gasped as I logged in and found I had a FCC posted to my account. Nothing on my CC yet but hopefully BMO MC will process it in the next few days. I am curious, those of you that have FCC on your account, is it posted in two transactions? I was meant to receive 50% FCC since our sailing was end of March. I received two amounts titled: Used For Goodwill Fccs and Covid 19 Fcc 25pc. They are for different amounts and combined they are more than 50% of what we paid for our one room. I have to create my mum and account to see if she has any FCC for her balcony room. They were two separate staterooms so I don't think I would have the FCC for both bookings as only one was in my name. What have other people experienced? Thank you in advance, I hope this hasn't already been asked. I did try to search the FCC terms to see but nothing came up. 

On 6/15/2020 at 1:22 AM, bluang3l said:

13th May Alaska Inside Passage on Coral Princess - booked direct (from UK)

Phase 2 cancellation - filled in refund request form on 14th April.  100% of cruise and excursions are now on my credit card with transaction dates of 12th June.  5 different transactions but they're all there.

Took 60 days to get my refund with no chasing or credit card disputes.  

Congratulations.  Thanks for posting.  We were scheduled for the 20th May Alaska 14-day cruise on the Coral Princess.  Hopefully, we will be seeing some of our money soon.  We filled out our refund request with Princess on 17 April. 

We cancelled on 3/16/20 Option 2 for a March 21 cruise and are also still waiting for the credit card refund.  I know this was a monumental task for all the cruise lines but we are now at 90 days!!. I have received FCC's but the amounts don't appear to be correct. Others who cancelled later have received all of their monies.  I have not called Princess to complain and allow them time to work through this mess,  but frankly am at the end of my patience. I am disappointed with the lack of information, and clarity. Happy for those who have been reimbursed-sadly I'm not one of those.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 7:01 PM, Bdnclc said:

Has anyone cancelled excursions recently and how long to receive credit about

I cancelled several excursions for our June Alaskan cruise back in mid-April, and have not received a refund yet.

1 hour ago, mandajordana said:

I have been following and reading comments on this daily hoping one day it would be my lucky day! We were meant to sail on the Regal on 29/03. We had 2 balcony rooms booked. Today I gasped as I logged in and found I had a FCC posted to my account. Nothing on my CC yet but hopefully BMO MC will process it in the next few days. I am curious, those of you that have FCC on your account, is it posted in two transactions? I was meant to receive 50% FCC since our sailing was end of March. I received two amounts titled: Used For Goodwill Fccs and Covid 19 Fcc 25pc. They are for different amounts and combined they are more than 50% of what we paid for our one room. I have to create my mum and account to see if she has any FCC for her balcony room. They were two separate staterooms so I don't think I would have the FCC for both bookings as only one was in my name. What have other people experienced? Thank you in advance, I hope this hasn't already been asked. I did try to search the FCC terms to see but nothing came up. 

Congratulations on getting your FCCs!  Which option did you select?  Our friends who were cruising with us elected Option 1 and I've posted a screen shot of the two pieces of their FCCs below (one for fare and the other for the 50% bonus).  I have not heard of any notations of "Covid19 FCC" so that is very odd.  We don't have our bonus FCCs yet that we elected Option 2 for the same May 9th cruise but expect that when it posts it will be labeled as "Goodwill FCC".  Have you tried to reconcile what is shown against the items that you had paid for the cruise?

image.png.a4cdc4c2efcba21ddd058b8808c6f00a.png

Cruise Date:   May 13, 2020

Government Port Closure Date:  March 19

Princess Cruise Cancel Date:  April 14

Refund Date:  June 12

So  85, 59 or 30 days depending on which date you choose.

Edited by Mears Family
consider sail date too
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Couple months ago I booked a 2nd cruise(british isle) for Aug sailing after the 1st one was cancelled by Princess. I cancelled the 2nd one before Princess cancelled it in Phase 2. Concern about Princess going out of business, I disputed by $400 deposit in April if my memory is correct. Finally we have closure, my citicard notified me my credit is now permanent.  

Only thing left is the reimbursement of bus and train fare which they said back in April 16th that they would pay me for.  Its now 60 days.  Anyone in the same situation got their reimbursement yet? Agent told me it was suppose to be check payment.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been asked before.  I am waiting for my refund, will the refund include the airfares I booked through EZair that I paid for on Princesses website?    This was for my cruise departing April 25th.  I really don't want air credits as I have no plans to travel in the next year or so.

Thanks.

On 6/13/2020 at 8:29 PM, DavidandHeather said:

Finally had a call from a supervisor and a chance to explain our situation to them which is diffrent to most here as we cancelled before the normal 90 day final payment date but unfortunately after princess switched off the auto refund system, it was refreshing call with absolutely no bs and they listened to us and carefully explained the problems Princess are up against. Had we received such a call earlier we would not have become as worried or stressed, as a result we will give them a few extra days before we consider other action and our badly dented opinion of princess has become slightly less dented.

Day 84 and some small refunds have finally started showing up on our bank and cc accounts, we can finally see some light at the end of a long dark tunnel. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, kiwichick62 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before.  I am waiting for my refund, will the refund include the airfares I booked through EZair that I paid for on Princesses website?    This was for my cruise departing April 25th.  I really don't want air credits as I have no plans to travel in the next year or so.

Thanks.

Mine did. I had Flexible Air.

Edited by Coral

Day 97--have had some movement in the right direction (keeping fingers crossed).

Hubby received refund from Princess today on his CC for final payment made on our 5/09/2020 cruise.  We cancelled 3/11 and Princess cancelled the next day.  Still waiting for refund of deposit amount made on my CC and the 25% FCC.

Have cruise booked in 2021.  Will be calling Princess again for clarification and to see if FCC will be applied soon to that booking.

Never a dull moment....😏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Mine did. I had Flexible Air.

Thanks Coral.  🙂  I can now report that Princess has fully refunded our airfares, it just showed up in my bank account.  I was concerned as I had booked non-refundable EZair flights and thought they may have given us air credits instead.

The refund for our cruise will come through soon via our travel agent.  Also to show up is our 25% future cruise credits, not that we are planning to cruise any time soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kiwichick62 said:

Thanks Coral.  🙂  I can now report that Princess has fully refunded our airfares, it just showed up in my bank account.  I was concerned as I had booked non-refundable EZair flights and thought they may have given us air credits instead.

The refund for our cruise will come through soon via our travel agent.  Also to show up is our 25% future cruise credits, not that we are planning to cruise any time soon.

So glad to hear this!

2 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Have cruise booked in 2021.  Will be calling Princess again for clarification and to see if FCC will be applied soon to that booking.

Mine wasn't applied right away. Maybe a week or two later (with out my consent).

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Mine wasn't applied right away. Maybe a week or two later (with out my consent).

I booked a preliminary hold on a cabin for Panama Canal Cruise March 2021 with a wholesale travel agent, who were offering a fairly generous $550 onboard cabin credit. Princess transferred my FCC immediately, without my consent. The onboard credit immediately dropped to $100. The travel agent refused to honor the $550 credit, as they stated this "reduced" fare reduced their commission. My $200 deposit for the cruise was immediately charged to my credit card. I ended up cancelling the cruise with this agent and re-booking with another, with more onboard credit. The original agent now tells me it will take 8-10 weeks to get the deposit refunded. Immediate charge - 8-10 week delay getting money back.

Moral of the story - be very careful who you book a future cruise with, and make sure your FCC does not reduce any onboard credit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

I booked a preliminary hold on a cabin for Panama Canal Cruise March 2021 with a wholesale travel agent, who were offering a fairly generous $550 onboard cabin credit. Princess transferred my FCC immediately, without my consent. The onboard credit immediately dropped to $100. The travel agent refused to honor the $550 credit, as they stated this "reduced" fare reduced their commission. My $200 deposit for the cruise was immediately charged to my credit card. I ended up cancelling the cruise with this agent and re-booking with another, with more onboard credit. The original agent now tells me it will take 8-10 weeks to get the deposit refunded. Immediate charge - 8-10 week delay getting money back.

Moral of the story - be very careful who you book a future cruise with, and make sure your FCC does not reduce any onboard credit.

Mine was applied to a hold also. Actually - they extended the hold a few months. I haven't made a deposit yet. 

I am thinking because commission is protected on the FCC, that you can still get a discount. Otherwise, I understand where the original agent is coming from but it is uncool to put a deposit down with out permission. And Princess is taking forever for refunds now.

Edited by Coral

I chatted with Princess today.  My FCC for my cancelled April 11 sailing applied about a month ago, but there had been no sign of a refund for taxes/port fees. gratuities, spa reservations and specialty dining.  The Princess rep said that "the refund have been processed on June 9-12, 2020. However, it still may vary to reflect in the card." and did verify the amount I expected for each item.  When I asked what "have been processed"  means, she said "It was triggered by the Princess to be refunded to the guests."  I thought it was interesting that she called PCL "the Princess" as if it were a person.  The conversation was also peppered with every excuse in the book, but you have all heard those so I won't bore you with them.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see when my refund that "have been processed on June 9-12" shows up on my credit card.  I continue to check my account daily.

19 minutes ago, Coral said:

Mine was applied to a hold also. Actually - they extended the hold a few months. I haven't made a deposit yet. 

I am thinking because commission is protected on the FCC, that you can still get a discount. Otherwise, I understand where the original agent is coming from but it is uncool to put a deposit down with out permission. And Princess is taking forever for refunds now.

Princess applied the FCC on my hold, immediately without my permission or my knowledge. I saw that the cruise price had come down. I called the agent next day because of the confused figures and he confirmed that the FCC had been applied. He verbally told me that they would be able to give the $550 cabin credit and so I 

put the $200 deposit on my cc. I got a written confirmation showing the $550 cabin credit. A few days later I booked my EZair flight with Princess. I then got another revised confirmation from the agent showing the Princess flight but now showing my cabin credit falling from $550 to $100. I questioned this, quoting my written $550 cabin credit and after consultation with his supervisor refused to budge on the $550 credit. I then cancelled with that agent and now the $200 deposit will take 8-10 weeks to refund. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cvpends said:

I chatted with Princess today.  My FCC for my cancelled April 11 sailing applied about a month ago, but there had been no sign of a refund for taxes/port fees. gratuities, spa reservations and specialty dining.  The Princess rep said that "the refund have been processed on June 9-12, 2020. However, it still may vary to reflect in the card." and did verify the amount I expected for each item.  When I asked what "have been processed"  means, she said "It was triggered by the Princess to be refunded to the guests."  I thought it was interesting that she called PCL "the Princess" as if it were a person.  The conversation was also peppered with every excuse in the book, but you have all heard those so I won't bore you with them.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see when my refund that "have been processed on June 9-12" shows up on my credit card.  I continue to check my account daily.

Well, after all this my credit card shows a credit for the amount of the refund tonight!   So for those keeping track, for my April 11 sailing on Royal Princess, the FCC showed up about 2 months after the cruise was cancelled, and the refund 3 months and 4 days after the cancellation.

Now, I can start worrying about when the FCC and refund for my June 12 Alaskan Star Princess cruise out of SFO will show up, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was surprised today when I was checking my credit card account and saw two large credits covering our two March cruises.  The FCDs  had been returned earlier to our account.  All monies paid in full for the two cruises have now been returned.  It took 91 days for the refunds to process.  We are still waiting to received the bonus FCCs.  

For our June cruise (paid in full), we cancelled on 18 March.  FCDs were returned shortly after cancelling.  To date, no refunds or bonus FCCs have been received.     Option 2 was chosen for both the June and March cruises.

Our Nov and Dec cruises were cancelled on 6 May.  We decided to go with Option 1 and receive  FCCs for the additional payments we had made on both cruises.  Took 20 days to have the FCCs post to our Nov/Dec 2021 cruises.  We are still waiting for the FCDs to be posted to our account.  Have not received any bonus FCCs for these two cruises.

Will be glad when the last refund comes in.  Will not hold my breath for all the bonus FCCs  but it would be nice to get them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1