Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Reading everyone's posts about this situation (and being in the midst of it myself) I am wondering on what you all think is going through the minds of the powers that be at Princess. I have thought about this long and hard over the past 3 months.
I would be interested to hear what others think about the situation!

I think Princess acted too slowly in screening and cancelling cruises after the virus took over the Grand Princess. 
To me, the offer to cancel March 6th for a March 7th cruise with 100percent FCC was a generous offer, I accepted. The ship sailed without me , some got virus , 3 out of 5 ports were cancelled. 
A week later Pause 1 was announced. My TA was told by Princess I would receive some Good Will FCC. This was incorrect, since the ship sailed. 
I was one of the first on here to share that I received my taxes etc back to my cc & FCC and have been attacked by several others, in disbelief  

In another case , I waited a month for my $2 k deposit to be returned, then filed a credit card dispute, resolved in my favour by the end of April.

No excuses for Princess from me. They are a business and should have had some leadership in how the refund process was to move forward. 

These comments might be better suited to another thread? 

Edited by dog
5 hours ago, Roger88 said:

It will all depend on how and under what circumstances your refund has been processed. If you cancelled  the cruise before the official announcement, I doubt you will get back your money. If it has happend later or on the same day when the cruise was cancelled or it has been cancelled by the company itself then you might have some problems proving that the cancellation has been justify. Sometimes they just offer FFC credits or gift cards but never real money 

Totally wrong information Roger. We cancelled on March 5th, before Princess cancelled our cruise. We have gotten every penny back that we spent for the cruise including our Future Cruise deposits.Took 87 days but all returned to us.Why in the world would you post that doubtful people will get their money back. There is enough stress right now for those that are still waiting, please don't add doubt to their stress.

Princess rep called me yesterday; prompted by an email from me. She said my full refund for March 22nd cruise ( I cancelled on March 17th) was sent to my credit card company on June 9th. Now it's up to credit card company to post to my account. It's taken a long time but I think Princess Cruise Line has done they best they could in an unprecedented situation. I will cruise  with them again...eventually.

2 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Totally wrong information Roger. We cancelled on March 5th, before Princess cancelled our cruise. We have gotten every penny back that we spent for the cruise including our Future Cruise deposits.Took 87 days but all returned to us.Why in the world would you post that doubtful people will get their money back. There is enough stress right now for those that are still waiting, please don't add doubt to their stress.

Agree with you. Just need to read the posts. 

Still waiting on a $200.00 deposit. Also Princess will not reimburse me for lost airfare as Alaska gave me until June 2021 of next year to use. Like I want to get into airplane before a vaccine. Not a happy camper.

If we used a FCD for a canceled cruise and that deposit expires in July 2020, why wont I get that back? Impossible to use it since they are not sailing. I used it on an April cruise that didn't sail and yet I have not got the deposit back. What is the incentive to ever book one of those on a future cruise??? (if we ever go again) how do you social distance in a buffet line (ha ha)

1 hour ago, lanzie99 said:

If we used a FCD for a canceled cruise and that deposit expires in July 2020, why wont I get that back? Impossible to use it since they are not sailing. I used it on an April cruise that didn't sail and yet I have not got the deposit back. What is the incentive to ever book one of those on a future cruise??? (if we ever go again) how do you social distance in a buffet line (ha ha)

You will get it back,. After I got my money back on my credit card for my cancelled cruise, the Future Cruise deposit didn't show back in my account on Princess. However, two weeks after I received my refund for cruise, it was a credit on my credit card , two transactions  of $100 each.You would think it all happens same time but for some reason it doesn't. Who knows why.

As far as buffet goes, doubt it will be self service.

Edited by san diego sue
9 hours ago, Tophat4321 said:

Still waiting on a $200.00 deposit. Also Princess will not reimburse me for lost airfare as Alaska gave me until June 2021 of next year to use. Like I want to get into airplane before a vaccine. Not a happy camper.

Sadly, we are done with Carnival/Princess and probably cruising in general which we loved before this FIASCO. Fortunately AMEX got us our deposit back. However we are having the same refund issue with Delta Airlines. They need to redeposit to my account 160.000 Skymiles which I used to purchase the airfare to CPH. They are not even answering their phones. Just a message, unable to take your call, GOOD BYE!  If perchance they do answer, the message is your wait time on hold will be in excess of nine hours. While I am not out actual money, but the equivalent of a lot money. So, I guess it is goodbye Skymiles as well.

It seems the whole travel industry is totally screwed up. Princess is still taking deposits on future cruises on credit cards AMEX told me. So, they do have some cash flow!

I know Princess is not responsible for the COVID pandemic, but they sure as heck are responsible for the TERRIBLE customer service refund issue.

37 minutes ago, weberman said:

Sadly, we are done with Carnival/Princess and probably cruising in general which we loved before this FIASCO. Fortunately AMEX got us our deposit back. However we are having the same refund issue with Delta Airlines. They need to redeposit to my account 160.000 Skymiles which I used to purchase the airfare to CPH. They are not even answering their phones. Just a message, unable to take your call, GOOD BYE!  If perchance they do answer, the message is your wait time on hold will be in excess of nine hours. While I am not out actual money, but the equivalent of a lot money. So, I guess it is goodbye Skymiles as well.

It seems the whole travel industry is totally screwed up. Princess is still taking deposits on future cruises on credit cards AMEX told me. So, they do have some cash flow!

I know Princess is not responsible for the COVID pandemic, but they sure as heck are responsible for the TERRIBLE customer service refund issue.

I hear you on the Delta situation. I was on hold for an hour and forty five minutes before I gave up and called again and requested a call back. They did call the next day. Rep said we will get our miles and e-credit posted soon. Seems as our refund fell through the cracks somehow, she said. We were at 85 days!!! Indeed AMEX is processing Princess bookings as we did it....we will see if it actually sails.

12 hours ago, Tophat4321 said:

That is the reason I use EZAir now, even if it costs a few $$$ more. When Princess cancels a cruise more than 45 days before the flight, I am not stuck with a useless airline credit.

13th May Alaska Inside Passage on Coral Princess - booked direct (from UK)

Phase 2 cancellation - filled in refund request form on 14th April.  100% of cruise and excursions are now on my credit card with transaction dates of 12th June.  5 different transactions but they're all there.

Took 60 days to get my refund with no chasing or credit card disputes.  

Huzzah!  According to USPS Informed Delivery a check from Bottomline Technologies will arrive today!

This is for reimbursement of expenses for the March 1 Regal Princess cruise that had a delayed return to Port Everglades, not a cancelled cruise.

That would be 91 days from my submission date.

6 hours ago, bluang3l said:

Phase 2 cancellation - filled in refund request form on 14th April.  100% of cruise and excursions are now on my credit card with transaction dates of 12th June.  5 different transactions but they're all there.

Congratulations!  Still waiting for the rest of my $$ and FCCs from phase 1 but it's good to hear that they are still processing refunds.

16 hours ago, weberman said:

Completely agree that we are done with Princess.  However, Delta was very easy to deal with.  I cancelled our flight the same day I cancelled the cruise using their online form.  I received confirmation a day later informing me that the matter would be looked into.  A week later I called Delta and was told that since I booked a non-refundable flight, I would be given credit for future air travel, which I completely understood.  About a month after cancelling I received an email from Delta that my entire airfare would be refunded and it showed up on my cc a few days later.  Delta solidified my belief in them.  I finally filed a dispute with my cc last week for the cruise fare after giving Princess 75 days.  I cancelled within the 100% refund time period for Princess and before my cruise was cancelled.  

On 6/13/2020 at 9:31 AM, azbirdmom said:

We are in a similar situation.  We cancelled our May 9th cruise two days before Princess did and we got a partial refund within days of cancelling.  The initial offer was that the cancellation fees would be set up as FCCs.  Then the pause happened and the offer changed to option 1 or 2, the same thing that was communicated for those cancelled by Princess.  We filled out the form indicating option 2 on March 12th, and again on May 5th when we got the email from Princess that was sent to those who cancelled in a specified window before the pause. 

On May 22nd we got a revised cancellation notice showing no cancellation fees on the fare but oddly no EZAir amounts and the PVP was shown as $0.01.  Since others have reported getting refunds soon after receiving similar notices I was hopeful.  But since then nothing has happened.  No refund, no bonus FCCs, FCD gone from Cruise Personalizer.  And we continue to wait.

Well there has been some movement.  The FCDs that had been applied to the cancelled cruise and then dropped off the Cruise Personalizer have been restored for use on another cruise.  That happened at some point this afternoon.  Hoping that means that we will see the remaining $1600+ that we are owed and the bonus FCCs soon!

Back in mid March I cancelled 2 cruises with Princess sailing May and July. Both cruises were not "officially" cancelled at that stage but have been since. I also cancelled domestic airfares with Qantas booked with cash and points.

I got a full refund of cash and points from Qantas within 3 days. Guess what? Yep still waiting for the Princess refunds and we are at the 90 day mark.

On 6/13/2020 at 11:46 AM, voljeep said:

EDIT: and for all those that cancelled their cruise prior to Princess cancelling them … well, check the terms under which you booked … harsh, but in reality ..

I cancelled before Princess did but my deposit was fully refundable as part of their "special offer" (was more $ than a non-refundable one).

I believe I should receive the full deposit.

We are in Australia and were advised by our TA that they have received the refund for our cruise cancelled by Princess (21 March 2020) We now have to wait up to 14 days for the TA to refund back to our credit card. We received the FCC’s for this cruise over a month ago. We have also received FCC’s for a cruise we cancelled a few days before the first pause by Princess including FCC’s for our non refundable ez-air flights. It has been a long wait (90 days) but an end is in sight.

Have managed to speak to a human on the phone. This one reckons the easiest to process refunds will be done first, i.e. the ones where no action will be required and thinks I am likely to see the FCC credit before the refund.  She did say that the earlier requests i.e. Mar/Apr cancellations were proving more complicated 🤯

I have been following and reading comments on this daily hoping one day it would be my lucky day! We were meant to sail on the Regal on 29/03. We had 2 balcony rooms booked. Today I gasped as I logged in and found I had a FCC posted to my account. Nothing on my CC yet but hopefully BMO MC will process it in the next few days. I am curious, those of you that have FCC on your account, is it posted in two transactions? I was meant to receive 50% FCC since our sailing was end of March. I received two amounts titled: Used For Goodwill Fccs and Covid 19 Fcc 25pc. They are for different amounts and combined they are more than 50% of what we paid for our one room. I have to create my mum and account to see if she has any FCC for her balcony room. They were two separate staterooms so I don't think I would have the FCC for both bookings as only one was in my name. What have other people experienced? Thank you in advance, I hope this hasn't already been asked. I did try to search the FCC terms to see but nothing came up. 

On 6/15/2020 at 1:22 AM, bluang3l said:

Congratulations.  Thanks for posting.  We were scheduled for the 20th May Alaska 14-day cruise on the Coral Princess.  Hopefully, we will be seeing some of our money soon.  We filled out our refund request with Princess on 17 April. 

We cancelled on 3/16/20 Option 2 for a March 21 cruise and are also still waiting for the credit card refund.  I know this was a monumental task for all the cruise lines but we are now at 90 days!!. I have received FCC's but the amounts don't appear to be correct. Others who cancelled later have received all of their monies.  I have not called Princess to complain and allow them time to work through this mess,  but frankly am at the end of my patience. I am disappointed with the lack of information, and clarity. Happy for those who have been reimbursed-sadly I'm not one of those.