Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

50 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I thought about this for a moment and then pointed out that if they had processed in sailing date order as they had originally said they would, then the early March cruises would/should have been processed by the time the next cancellations mid April were announced...so less of a backlog? No response there...

Maybe because the answer was that from the announcement to Mid April

they didnt have the money available?  Dont think he could say that 😉

I am just hoping to get our refund before they have phase 4. kicking in  and therefore maybe doing refunds on cruises that were paid for using late April refunds?

Received our refund for the cruise fare in FCC yesterday which was the 98th day.  We had received refund of port charges back in March. Still waiting for the additional 125% FCC that was promised when we chose Option 1.

yesterday I received a refund for a March 15 cruise that I had canceled on feb 5.

The refund was for the previously not refunded penalty portion.

We received our refunds to credit card, posted June 12. I just called today and heard this good news. 

It was for May 11 and the May 17 cruises from LA to Vancouver. 

We waited for Princess to cancel. 

Hoping to be able to cruise with Princess again, maybe next year. 

Update on my booking (April 19 Regal 26 nights plus 4 nights hotel):

After taking a break on thinking about Princess and refund after they finally refunded me 90 days after cancelling, I decided to go back to look at the figures as I thought I was short. 

My agent had called on April 2nd and had received refund amount. I don't want to say my booking was confusing but I had 2 EZ air refunds after booking air and had 2 credit cards involved (one for air and one for cruise). Princess had wrongly refunded the wrong credit card for an air refund which I didn't care about but could be considered confusing when looking at numbers. And then their refund between the 2 cards made no sense to me on how they calculated that.

When I got my refund, I knew it was off. I finally today went through the numbers and called Princess. I didn't know if they would speak to me because I used an agent. BTW - Princess hours are reduced now on weekends. I did have probably a 20 minute wait on the phone.

The guy I spoke with was very patient, professional, nice and helpful. I would rate him exceptional from a Customer Service stand point. He went through the same numbers my agent had emailed me on April 2nd. He agreed my refund was short. He made notations on my account that would send it back to Accounting to re-look at the numbers that he, myself and my agent all agree on should be my refund. The amount is less than $200 and is not a round number so it isn't a FCD (and there wasn't one).

Just a reminder to everyone to check the refund to make sure it is accurate.

On 6/18/2020 at 2:45 PM, PHOENIXfire said:

Canceled March 6 for cruise for April 7. Asked for option 1 got option 2 no rhyme or reason how this happens???? Full refund June 17 to CC to the penny! Was made whole and fine with me but not a single perk as promised. Won't be drinking there coolaid BS. Caveat emptor!! 

We were refunded Jun13.  The FCC perk took 5 more days to show up, but It did.

32 minutes ago, Coral said:

Just a reminder to everyone to check the refund to make sure it is accurate.

They say our figures are finalised awaiting payment  ( believe that if you will)

BUT I have asked on 2 occasions  if they will send me the figures so I can

reconcile my accounts ( sounds good)  and they say they cant they dont know what they are and I should ask our TA????   - asked again on friday so see what they say next week though they apparently dont have to reply for 56 Days

according to ABTA.

2 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

They say our figures are finalised awaiting payment  ( believe that if you will)

BUT I have asked on 2 occasions  if they will send me the figures so I can

reconcile my accounts ( sounds good)  and they say they cant they dont know what they are and I should ask our TA????   - asked again on friday so see what they say next week though they apparently dont have to reply for 56 Days

according to ABTA.

I think Princess is processing the refunds and then once a week or once every 2 weeks, releasing them back to the credit card.

My TA had asked for refund info when she called in April. They had went through every payment and every credit (EZ Air changes because I couldn't book EZ Air until after I booked the cruise because I booked the cruise at final payment which was 120 days out or something). She had detailed that in an email to me and asked me if that info was accurate as she doesn't have record every time I changed EZ Air and paid more.

They just went through with her and listed every payment (EZ Air) and then the 2x she asked for EZ Air credit. She sent that to me in April. Today, the gentleman went through those same numbers with me. 

So I was never saw any figures and nothing finalized when they did the refund. The cancellation notice I did receive in March was wrong as I cancelled a week before Pause 1. So I have nothing in writing from Princess.

Moral of the story is that it is best to finalize air before final payment but I couldn't even look at air until after final payment. And to compare numbers once you receive a refund with what you think is right.

I hope your numbers are correct.

Just received a credit on my AMEX for excursions booked for the Enchanted Princess 7/11/20.  Still awaiting cruise deposit and specialty dining credit.  Canceled cruise on 3/27/20

Cruise booked on Royal departing July 4. Cancelled by Princess April 14.

Deposit refunded received Jun 18. Refund for excursions not received yet.

2 minutes ago, robsaw said:

Cruise booked on Royal departing July 4. Cancelled by Princess April 14.

Deposit refunded received Jun 18. Refund for excursions not received yet.

Congratulations. Still curious on how they are handling refunds. Cancelled on April 7, departing June 13 still waiting

4 hours ago, SunLakesBob said:

Congratulations. Still curious on how they are handling refunds. Cancelled on April 7, departing June 13 still waiting

Me too.  Cancelled on March 23, departing June 13 still waiting for the refund.  Just Princess DOES NOT SKIP the June 13 sailing refund folks.  Just about run out patience or anything nice to say about Princess.  They are not treating those of us Elites too nice and wanting us to stick with them???

Received all refunds for May 5th cruise.  Sent in request for option 2 on March 24 - full refund plus 25% FCC.

April 23 received FCC - applied to Jan. 2021 cruise

June 12 received 2 separate refunds on credit card - for cruise and princess plus package

June 18 received refund from 3rd party travel insurance company

40 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

Cancelled on March 23, departing June 13 still waiting

Not sure why you would expect a refund already.

Sea Princess sailed 10 March cancelled 12 March

No-one has had cruise refund or FCCs , well none that I have seen on here or have contacted by email.

51 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

Me too.  Cancelled on March 23, departing June 13 still waiting for the refund.  Just Princess DOES NOT SKIP the June 13 sailing refund folks.  Just about run out patience or anything nice to say about Princess.  They are not treating those of us Elites too nice and wanting us to stick with them???

We are also Elite. It appears it doesn't mean anything any more. Even on Board they treat the Club class better

3 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

We are also Elite. It appears it doesn't mean anything any more. Even on Board they treat the Club class better

so, as ELITE , cruisers  have the option to book club class, just as a blue card - then you get the benefits of both !! - which are totally different and well known

5 hours ago, SunLakesBob said:

Cancelled March 6, May 16 sailing.  Still waiting for refund😡

32 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

Why shouldn’t they treat Club class better? They pay more.

Edited by billco
1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

Not sure why you would expect a refund already.

Sea Princess sailed 10 March cancelled 12 March

No-one has had cruise refund or FCCs , well none that I have seen on here or have contacted by email.

My bad posted a wrong cancelled date.  We cancelled on February 23 and it is getting near 90 DAYS.  Princess agent told us it would take 10 to 15 days, it was a joke.  Would you expect a refund if you have been waiting THIS LONG like us?.  How much longer should we need to wait?.

3 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

Your  Captain Club status has nothing to do with your cancellation and refund. Read up on it on the Princess website. 

Edited by dog
2 hours ago, SunLakesBob said:

see post above

A month ago we disputed with our bank the charges for our cruise and they credited us the money. Looks like this week Princess has given us the FCC. Half to my account and half to my wife's account. Except she doesn't have an account so we have no idea where that went. 😂

Don't really care as we will never cruise with Princess. Too bad I can't give the FCC to one of you. 

4 hours ago, SunLakesBob said:

God I hate that title "Elite". It really implies that some are better than others, and sadly some Elites believe it. Surely something else is a better title, like an extension of the Gold, Platinum etc categories.

Just my opinion.

Yours,

Humbly Platinum.