Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm getting confused. PVP just gave my granddaughters another 530 FCC total (split between them) while waiting for the 1074 FCC. I have no idea how or why .... she just states "Thanks again for all your patience on this craziness.   Still awaiting answers on some of your credits.    But, I did want to let you know I applied more credits to A× and A×× for the August 2021 Alaska cruise."

added: A× and I are each owed 537 FCC. Although she didn't state that's the balance of her FCC, I wonder if that's actually hers as its eerily close & I'll get mine soon? 

Very confusing indeed.  I certainly hope that you get to the bottom of this!  In looking at your mess the mess of others, it seems so odd that all of my numbers have been correct to the penny.

48 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Back in May we disputed charges and were given a temporary credit. This week the bank finalized the credit and closed the dispute so we are good. 😃

Did you ever hear anything from Princess or get anything from them? My temporary credits were issued in June and still showing as temp right now but I've heard nothing further...

1 hour ago, mthomp5 said:

Oh no!  This is beyond ridiculous.  Why would they do this after the fact?!  Seems like their accounting department confused itself!  

N and I are clueless. 

1 hour ago, Coral said:

N and I are clueless. 

So frustrating for both of you.  I hope they are just doing an accounting adjustment and will credit the correct card that was used for the airfare.  And not wait another 90 day s to do so.  

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Did you ever hear anything from Princess or get anything from them? My temporary credits were issued in June and still showing as temp right now but I've heard nothing further...

I disputed my charge in mid May (I think 5/13).  I received conditional credit within 2 days from Costco Citi.  I checked with Princess a couple of times to see if they would be quicker than the credit card company.  Once, the Princess rep said it was “processed” on 6/13 and gave me the amount.  Amount was correct.  Waited and nothing.  I called Princess after 6/13 was told that since I disputed the charge, I would have to get it from the credit card company.  Costco visa said they received nothing from Princess.  They finalized my credits before the date they said they would...6/29 instead of 7/14.

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yes Princess issued the FCC about two weeks ago. Half to my account and I assume half to my wife's mythical account (she doesn't have an account). 

5 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Yes Princess issued the FCC about two weeks ago. Half to my account and I assume half to my wife's mythical account (she doesn't have an account). 

She probably does have an account but does not have the credentials to log in to it. Try using Online Support Request at the bottom of https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page

Select "Captain's Circle Membership" and the Topic "Request Member Number"  fill in the relevant fields and an explanation in the "Question or Comment" field.

Before submitting print the page so you have a record.

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

She probably does have an account but does not have the credentials to log in to it. Try using Online Support Request at the bottom of https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page

Select "Captain's Circle Membership" and the Topic "Request Member Number"  fill in the relevant fields and an explanation in the "Question or Comment" field.

Before submitting print the page so you have a record.

I assumed there was a way to set up an account for her. But we are not going to bother as we have no plans to sail with Princess or any cruise line anymore. 

Princess cancelled our August cruise in Alaska in April.  The only deposit was from our future cruise credits.  We didn't want to bother with the hassle of trying to go through Princess's evasive phone system, so we just let the matter sit to see how long they might take.  They finally put the credit back into our cruise credit accounts in early July.

I did dispute with Amex and those charges were handled very quickly. Very impressed. Unfortunately, most of my charges were on a different card, with BMO Harris. If anything, BMO has been more of a PITA about it than Princess has been. Lesson learned. 

21 hours ago, redtop101 said:

I've been on the phone to my cc company today to file a dispute - Bank of Montreal MasterCard Canada.

Now sitting at 122 days since e-mail confirmation from Princess (March 17th 2020) for choosing Option 1 150% FCC for 2 cruises cancelled May 8th and May 9th Pause 1.

Received FCC June 1st but still waiting for taxes, fees and Princess Platinum Protection refund for trip cancellation.

After a lengthy talk with BMO MasterCard agent I was advised to e-mail Princess and get written confirmation of the amount of refunds owing. There is no way to contact Princess by e-mail on their website to get any written confirmation.

The BMO MasterCard agent consulted with her supervisor and advised me that I have 100 days from my date of cancelled service (May 8th and May 9th) to file the dispute, but getting anything in writing is another matter.

I didn’t see  message until after I had posted my own reply to a poster suggesting that I dispute with my credit card issuer (BMO). Yep, as I said in my post, if anything BMO has been a bigger pain in the ass than Princess. 

1 hour ago, lderochi said:

I didn’t see  message until after I had posted my own reply to a poster suggesting that I dispute with my credit card issuer (BMO). Yep, as I said in my post, if anything BMO has been a bigger pain in the ass than Princess. 

It's so long ago (~40 yrs?), I no longer remember why, but you could not pay me to deal with BMO.

On 7/17/2020 at 10:38 PM, redtop101 said:

I've been on the phone to my cc company today to file a dispute - Bank of Montreal MasterCard Canada.

Now sitting at 122 days since e-mail confirmation from Princess (March 17th 2020) for choosing Option 1 150% FCC for 2 cruises cancelled May 8th and May 9th Pause 1.

Received FCC June 1st but still waiting for taxes, fees and Princess Platinum Protection refund for trip cancellation.

After a lengthy talk with BMO MasterCard agent I was advised to e-mail Princess and get written confirmation of the amount of refunds owing. There is no way to contact Princess by e-mail on their website to get any written confirmation.

The BMO MasterCard agent consulted with her supervisor and advised me that I have 100 days from my date of cancelled service (May 8th and May 9th) to file the dispute, but getting anything in writing is another matter.

You can try using the chat function to get the information from Princess, then saving and printing the chat.  I have two chats saved on my computer, so I have in writing that Princess says my disputes have been settled in my favor.

My problem is that Princess Barclaycard says my chargebacks are still open, even though Princess says they found in my favor and closed the disputes in early June!  I can't reach anyone on the phone in the dispute department at Barclay, and their messaging function on their website won't give me an answer.  They just say I need to call the dispute line.  I do have provisional credits on my account but nothing has changed since they were originally posted in May when I opened the disputes.  So as far as I can tell, they are still temporary credits.  I am approaching 90 days from the dispute date, so I think they will automatically change to permanent at that time?

6 hours ago, pompeii said:

You can try using the chat function to get the information from Princess, then saving and printing the chat.  I have two chats saved on my computer, so I have in writing that Princess says my disputes have been settled in my favor.

Thanks for your suggestion. Unless I'm doing something wrong it appears that the Live Chat has disappeared from the Princess web site and replaced with "Online Support Request" where you fill in drop down lists with "Out of Pocket Reimbursement" then "COVID-19 Related Refund", then "First Name" and "Last Name", then "Check for Eligibility" then fill out all the details of your expenses and attach files for proof of expense.

I'm not sure this is the correct place to go now.

Edited by redtop101
19 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Princess cancelled our August cruise in Alaska in April.  The only deposit was from our future cruise credits.  We didn't want to bother with the hassle of trying to go through Princess's evasive phone system, so we just let the matter sit to see how long they might take.  They finally put the credit back into our cruise credit accounts in early July.

We were booked on an Alaska cruise in August and have not seen any refund yet. Most of it was paid (not in full) with Princess gift cards.

Our two March cruises have been fully refunded and the November cruise we just canceled hasn't been fully refunded yet.

31 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

We were booked on an Alaska cruise in August and have not seen any refund yet. Most of it was paid (not in full) with Princess gift cards.

Our two March cruises have been fully refunded and the November cruise we just canceled hasn't been fully refunded yet.

im glad you got refunded for your March cruise. It gives me hope since I’m still waiting for my March cruise refund. 🙀

1 hour ago, redtop101 said:

Thanks for your suggestion. Unless I'm doing something wrong it appears that the Live Chat has disappeared from the Princess web site and replaced with "Online Support Request" where you fill in drop down lists with "Out of Pocket Reimbursement" then "COVID-19 Related Refund", then "First Name" and "Last Name", then "Check for Eligibility" then fill out all the details of your expenses and attach files for proof of expense.

I'm not sure this is the correct place to go now.

I still have the green live chat button all the way at the bottom of the screen next to contact us.  Maybe you need to log in?image.thumb.png.22f64856e3140b27f08463165a09ed67.png

5 hours ago, Italy52 said:

If, you received a refund to your gift card, how long did it take for the funds to reload?  I am at the 90 day mark and still waiting. 

So we totally used gift cards for most of our cruise, except the original down payment on credit card.  Total of around $11K for 2 cabins, EZ-Air, & excursions.  At the 90-day mark we received the $3K for all excursions for both cabins back on the gift cards.  At the 116-day mark we received the cruise fare, taxes, & airfare back for around $3,700 back on the gift cards for one of our cabins.  Still waiting on deposit for that booking be put back on credit card.  Also they haven't processed the booking for my husband and I yet for cruise fare, airfare, taxes either.  So although they have done somethings on both bookings, they still haven't completed any booking as of yet.  It's such a mess trying to go through and figuring out which cards are re-loaded, which aren't, which ones were used for FCC.  Good Luck to you on receiving yours, all I can say is to hang-in there and keep checking daily.  I actually didn't look a couple of days and then all of a sudden they appeared.  I was so shocked when I saw the $500 balance instead of the $0.00 on the screen. 😂 

1 minute ago, 13cheermom said:

So we totally used gift cards for most of our cruise, except the original down payment on credit card.  Total of around $11K for 2 cabins, EZ-Air, & excursions.  At the 90-day mark we received the $3K for all excursions for both cabins back on the gift cards.  At the 116-day mark we received the cruise fare, taxes, & airfare back for around $3,700 back on the gift cards for one of our cabins.  Still waiting on deposit for that booking be put back on credit card.  Also they haven't processed the booking for my husband and I yet for cruise fare, airfare, taxes either.  So although they have done somethings on both bookings, they still haven't completed any booking as of yet.  It's such a mess trying to go through and figuring out which cards are re-loaded, which aren't, which ones were used for FCC.  Good Luck to you on receiving yours, all I can say is to hang-in there and keep checking daily.  I actually didn't look a couple of days and then all of a sudden they appeared.  I was so shocked when I saw the $500 balance instead of the $0.00 on the screen. 😂 

Thank you so much for your post --- at least I have some reference to go by. 

Did Princess reload your original gift card?  I have the information on my original and keep checking it --- so depressing to always see "$0" when the screen pops up.

7 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thank you so much for your post --- at least I have some reference to go by. 

Did Princess reload your original gift card?  I have the information on my original and keep checking it --- so depressing to always see "$0" when the screen pops up.

Yes so far everything has gone back to original cards whether they were physical or e-cards. I always hold on to all cards until after a cruise and keep them all together. However I never anticipated a situation like this happening and wish I had specified which card was used for every transaction. I think I have our daughters cabin figured out and it does seem to be correct with the total amount to be refunded and I am grateful for that!  Just hope they process the other cabin correctly also. I have learned a valuable lesson with this and will never buy anymore gift cards. Just hope I get to use these at some point in the future. Good Luck!

1 minute ago, 13cheermom said:

Yes so far everything has gone back to original cards whether they were physical or e-cards. I always hold on to all cards until after a cruise and keep them all together. However I never anticipated a situation like this happening and wish I had specified which card was used for every transaction. I think I have our daughters cabin figured out and it does seem to be correct with the total amount to be refunded and I am grateful for that!  Just hope they process the other cabin correctly also. I have learned a valuable lesson with this and will never buy anymore gift cards. Just hope I get to use these at some point in the future. Good Luck!

Thanks again for the gift card information.  Fortunately, I did save my original gift card information (thanks to my TAs advice) and I placed it with the reservation marking where the funds went. 

This is my first refund with Princess and I have learned a lot of what not to do in the future.  Once this May cruise if totally processed, I will have another go-around with a August cruise refund.  Best of luck to you.

5 hours ago, pompeii said:

I still have the green live chat button all the way at the bottom of the screen next to contact us.  Maybe you need to log in?

The Live Chat seems to come and go. I have tried a few times logging in and it has disappeared, depending on staffing levels, I guess. I will try that route. Is there a way or secret to save the chat logs?

On 7/9/2020 at 8:20 PM, hpeabody said:

Me too, Susan.  This was all on Princess!   AFAIK Princess never contacted N regarding the World Cruise I was on. I never thought about dragging N into this mess.  After I got the FCC I did ask her to request that Princess not randomly apply it to an existing cruise, because I expect the 2 I had booked long ago will get cancelled too. I don't want to go through the worry and waiting for a refund again.  I will not book another cruise and will not pay Princess another dollar for the foreseeable future.

BTW,  I have now received travel expenses, FCC, cash refund to CC, OBC folio refund to CC (not a Bottomline check ?) All that took 104 days.   I have 3 shore excursions currently in dispute with Chase. (Chase has already given me the temporary credit have to wait 30 days for permanent credit)  I will likely appeal / re request the 1 item they denied on my travel expenses because it turns out a fellow passenger was reimbursed for same. 

I have received NOTHING for my Pause 2 cancelled Sept, 2020 Sky cruise.  I think that is now coming up on 60 days waiting.

Holly, I am glad that you are at least making some headway.  I hope the rest of it comes through very soon!   
Fingers crossed!🤞  Keep in touch!

6 hours ago, redtop101 said:

The Live Chat seems to come and go. I have tried a few times logging in and it has disappeared, depending on staffing levels, I guess. I will try that route. Is there a way or secret to save the chat logs?

Yes, the Live Chat does seem to come and go --- keep trying and you will get a connection --- I have used this function twice.  As for saving the chat, I just cut and paste the conversation into Word and keep a copy for myself --- I date the conversation so I know when contact was made.  In the chat, the representative always identified herself so I knew who I dealt with.  As for logging in, I never had to do that, I just went to the bottom of the Princess page where "Live Chat" appeared and clicked on that tab.  It took a minute or two before a representative came on and then I began to type my question.