Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
lahore

Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

Recommended Posts

I have been waiting 164 days for refunds on two cruises (July) and (August) I cancelled simultaneously, with no word yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi  @Seatwosea       did you cancel or did   Princess?   - did you book direct

or through a TA?   Have you made your selection for cash or FCC whatever

was offered for your cruise.  Which ship was it for? there may be roll calls

still live with others reporting how they are getting on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2020 at 10:27 AM, Ombud said:

PVP responded that my appeal was decided in my favor on 07/28. I'll believe it when I see it (cruises canceled by Princess prior to Pause 1: 03/11/20 were apparently coded for 100% refund + 50%FCC. They canceled my 03/22/20 cruise 03/08/20.  I was still told I had to pick Option 1 or 2)

 

Well I got a phone call and follow up email from Kimberly Baldwin in corporate. Apparently there were 2 Grand Princess cruises (March 7th and 22nd -- mine being the 22nd) that had an entirely different compensation.  So I was fully compensated in March and was not eligible for 100% refund / 100% FCC or 225% FCC. The cruise was within those dates but it was a carve out. So thats why my appeal was not processed. Not fair but I'm done on that one 

 

Now I'm only owed $4215.63

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still waiting on my April 4 cruise for my EZAir refund...filed a credit card dispute and Princess has not responded...5+ months now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know much about CC  disputes but from what I read on here if

they dont respond to the card  company within a certain time the refund

is  fixed in your favour?   Check back with your Cr card Co.

Having said that there are a few  (very few)  posts where Princess have gone

back and re-debited the card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yep-I’m one of those who had my credit card recharged for a non-existent sailing...I don’t think they could possibly screw this up much more...and my refund started out as a very simple one——paid in full with one credit card!  It would have taken just one simple credit back to my card....Princess is the one who has made it a complete mess!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancelled a February 2021 cruise on the Enchanted Princess August 10.  The credit showed up on August  13. One credit card, deposit only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today, after cancelling 2 bookings 123 days ago, I got our last refund. I had to have my TA go through the escalation process in order to get the second booking refund.

 

We are currently still booked on Princess SF to Hawaii on December 23. Not sure if we will still go since Princess has cancelled all sailings through mid-December. This might be first one back so unsure of whether it will be great because everything should be super clean, or terrible if they really don't know how to deal with the issues to make it a positive experience!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2020 at 11:50 AM, Ombud said:

Now I'm only owed $4215.63

$3847.87 shows on gift cards, only $367.76 missing.  I'm FINALLY done ✔ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, techfashion said:

 

 

We are currently still booked on Princess SF to Hawaii on December 23. Not sure if we will still go since Princess has cancelled all sailings through mid-December. This might be first one back so unsure of whether it will be great because everything should be super clean, or terrible if they really don't know how to deal with the issues to make it a positive experience!

 

Also in question is if Hawaii will allow cruise ship visits by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

154 days, finally money put back on my credit card. Well, almost all, but at this point it is close enough.

First pause, cruise was for March 19, we chose Option 2 on March 21, but of course they had us at Option 1. So after sorting it all out....

 

Many thanks to the Supervisor who finally got it all sorted out for us, last week.

Yeah.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2020 at 4:35 PM, trvlwrld said:

yep-I’m one of those who had my credit card recharged for a non-existent sailing...I don’t think they could possibly screw this up much more...and my refund started out as a very simple one——paid in full with one credit card!  It would have taken just one simple credit back to my card....Princess is the one who has made it a complete mess!!!

Please keep us updated on what happens! I disputed through both my cards after 75 days of waiting and got temp credits. On day 150, Princess refunded both cards. I immediately let my banks know and told them they could close the dispute. At this point, I still have those temp credits showing. I am concerned that the temp credits will be removed AND Princess will recharge and I will be right back to square one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Please keep us updated on what happens! I disputed through both my cards after 75 days of waiting and got temp credits. On day 150, Princess refunded both cards. I immediately let my banks know and told them they could close the dispute. At this point, I still have those temp credits showing. I am concerned that the temp credits will be removed AND Princess will recharge and I will be right back to square one!

I am still struggling with my situation. Princess claims a refund for EZ Air (done before cruise was cancelled) was a cruise refund for a cancelled cruise. The Rep I was dealing with was out for 10 days so hopefully can catch her next week. It is ridiculous. 

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I am still struggling with my situation. Princess claims a refund for EZ Air (done before cruise was cancelled) was a cruise refund for a cancelled cruise. The Rep I was dealing with was out for 10 days so hopefully can catch her next week. It is ridiculous. 

I sometimes feel like this will never end. I've gone from having NOTHING for 6 months, to now having DOUBLE what I should have (dispute credits plus Princess refund) and can't seem to get it sorted.

 

My client (same March cruise) has FINALLY got back her EZ Air refund but still waiting on those FCCs....

 

With my March 2021 Hawaii sailing looking less and less likely, I fear that I will be going through this all over again in a few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you cancel before Princess does for the next round of cancellations, you get your refund right away. It is when we get caught up in the huge Princess cancels cruises that the big wait begins.  I cancelled in July for October cruises (before Princess cancelled) and my money was on my credit card in a few days. No bonus FCC but I just wanted my money back and got it.

We have a couple of cruises for January 2021 and will probably cancel soon before Princess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

With my March 2021 Hawaii sailing looking less and less likely, I fear that I will be going through this all over again in a few months.

In your professional opinion, is there any benefit to waiting for Princess to cancel on a cruise paid almost entirely with FCC? I'm asking because my April TA might not happen. That has just FCC + $400 deposit and I'd like to avoid this aggravation again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ombud said:

In your professional opinion, is there any benefit to waiting for Princess to cancel on a cruise paid almost entirely with FCC? I'm asking because my April TA might not happen. That has just FCC + $400 deposit and I'd like to avoid this aggravation again

If it's FCC then no....that FCC goes back in your personalizer and you get no bonus with it (at least that is how it is now - it could change, but doubtful)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I sometimes feel like this will never end. I've gone from having NOTHING for 6 months, to now having DOUBLE what I should have (dispute credits plus Princess refund) and can't seem to get it sorted.

 

My client (same March cruise) has FINALLY got back her EZ Air refund but still waiting on those FCCs....

 

With my March 2021 Hawaii sailing looking less and less likely, I fear that I will be going through this all over again in a few months.

I had a December 18 cruise booked. It didn't fall under the last pause. I just cancelled it as I didn't want to be thrown into another Pause and wait forever for a refund. My minimal refund ($100) and excursions ($80) was refunded within 10 days. I did cancel excursions first. I am not sure about you but even if your Hawaii cruise goes, I would not feel comfortable sailing in March. I would probably cancel it. I could care less about a double your deposit offer as I am not even sure I am going to use the FCC I received.

 

Yes - I just want this over. You would not believe what I had to sent to Princess to prove my case. Pretty bad treatment for an Elite cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

We have a couple of cruises for January 2021 and will probably cancel soon before Princess.

so when is Princess gonna cancel those cruises ? when is the next round coming ? why, well, we all know why, does Princess still have cruises in November able to be booked for NZ and Australia ( pause 4 only went thru 10/31/20 for those cruises )

 

wanna gamble to double your 'deposit' - book one of those November cruises today ... book the most expensive cabin you can afford to have your money "tied up" until you can cruise again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coral said:

I had a December 18 cruise booked. It didn't fall under the last pause. I just cancelled it as I didn't want to be thrown into another Pause and wait forever for a refund. My minimal refund ($100) and excursions ($80) was refunded within 10 days. I did cancel excursions first. I am not sure about you but even if your Hawaii cruise goes, I would not feel comfortable sailing in March. I would probably cancel it. I could care less about a double your deposit offer as I am not even sure I am going to use the FCC I received.

 

Yes - I just want this over. You would not believe what I had to sent to Princess to prove my case. Pretty bad treatment for an Elite cruiser.

I agree - the way this was handled on all counts was unacceptable. I expected better of Princess and was very disappointed.

 

I am 99.9% sure we won't sail in March - final payment is in January so I have some time to weigh the options. I don't want to cancel until my March sailing from THIS year has been squared away since I don't want any refund from NEXT year's cruise to look like it was from THIS year's cancellation. It's sad that I have to be concerned about this, but the disorganisation from Princess leaves me VERY concerned that the refunds could be misinterpreted! My cruise next March is already 60% paid for (2 weeks in a full suite, so a chunk of change) so I don't want to have to fight for that money back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, voljeep said:

so when is Princess gonna cancel those cruises ? when is the next round coming ? why, well, we all know why, does Princess still have cruises in November able to be booked for NZ and Australia ( pause 4 only went thru 10/31/20 for those cruises )

 

wanna gamble to double your 'deposit' - book one of those November cruises today ... book the most expensive cabin you can afford to have your money "tied up" until you can cruise again 

Not all of us are interested in double  your deposit. I don't want Princess holding on to my money at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, san diego sue said:

If you cancel before Princess does for the next round of cancellations, you get your refund right away. It is when we get caught up in the huge Princess cancels cruises that the big wait begins.  I cancelled in July for October cruises (before Princess cancelled) and my money was on my credit card in a few days. No bonus FCC but I just wanted my money back and got it.

We have a couple of cruises for January 2021 and will probably cancel soon before Princess.

I canceled my September cruise April 15th. This was before Pause 3. I was refunded (to gift cards) this week. So not necessarily 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

I agree - the way this was handled on all counts was unacceptable. I expected better of Princess and was very disappointed.

 

I am 99.9% sure we won't sail in March - final payment is in January so I have some time to weigh the options. I don't want to cancel until my March sailing from THIS year has been squared away since I don't want any refund from NEXT year's cruise to look like it was from THIS year's cancellation. It's sad that I have to be concerned about this, but the disorganisation from Princess leaves me VERY concerned that the refunds could be misinterpreted! My cruise next March is already 60% paid for (2 weeks in a full suite, so a chunk of change) so I don't want to have to fight for that money back!

Extremely valid point! I was waiting on a $178 refund from my April cruise (until this larger EZ Air issue came up). I didn't want to cancel my December cruise until that was resolved because the amounts were within $30. I was thinking the same way you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Coral said:

Not all of us are interested in double  your deposit. I don't want Princess holding on to my money at this point.

having a choice is a beautiful thing, huh ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

If you cancel before Princess does for the next round of cancellations, you get your refund right away. It is when we get caught up in the huge Princess cancels cruises that the big wait begins.  I cancelled in July for October cruises (before Princess cancelled) and my money was on my credit card in a few days. No bonus FCC but I just wanted my money back and got it.

We have a couple of cruises for January 2021 and will probably cancel soon before Princess.

If you know you'e not going to sail, just cancel and get your money back. IMHO, the FCC is just a gimmick to keep your money.  I'm not going to  give interest free loans to Princess.  That's what bank are for.  I'm still on the fence as to whether some of these cruise ones will survive this thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...