Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

50 minutes ago, john_galt said:

Just received second refund. Both took less than 5 weeks. Pleasantly surprised. I cancelled one (Discovery won't be delivered in time) and they cancelled one. 

yeah, pretty sure we've on the one in December 2021 on Discovery you cancelled ... we've only got a little $ 115 total deposit for both of us, so we'll let it ride itself out ...🍷

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

April 4...still waiting

You've emailed corporate at csteinke@princesscruises.com and haven't gotten a call yet? It did take them a week to call me but K Baldwin got it done. FINALLY!! If this next batch of refunds goes to 30 days, I'm emailing her again. Not waiting around this time 

Edited by Ombud

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

Who was it who went that route, got it in 60 days, the bank then reversed the credit, and now they're stuck in limbo??

That also happened to me with Airbnb, but it was just the bank reversing their TEMPORARY credit because the vendor had done the permanent refund from their end.

our excursions were recharged then credited back in pieces the next week...it was a real mess (didn’t need to be since it was charged all at one time). It will be a miracle if all this ever gets sorted out!

Edited by trvlwrld

1 minute ago, trvlwrld said:

our excursions were recharged then credited back in pieces the next week...it was a real mess (didn’t need to be since it was charged all at one time). It will be a miracle if all this ever gets sorted out!

😳

On 9/11/2020 at 7:15 PM, CarelessAndConfused said:

Wow!  This is still going on.  Can someone just let me know the general sailing date ranges of what's still not refunded.  I mean are they still behind on the pause cancellation refunds from March and May?

March 26th, all good now

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 7:17 PM, Ombud said:

You've emailed corporate at csteinke@princesscruises.com and haven't gotten a call yet? It did take them a week to call me but K Baldwin got it done. FINALLY!! If this next batch of refunds goes to 30 days, I'm emailing her again. Not waiting around this time 

I second this! Anyone still waiting, email csteinke@princesscruises.com. I was really getting the run around for mine and my client's March sailing and out of desperation emailed the customer service director (Steinke). Kimberley called me back within a few days, promised to take care of it. I had the refund within 2 days and the FCCs within a week AND she personally called me to check that everything was settled.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

PVP wrote me that I was refunded on the 10th. Hope so. Now just to find 1 gift card

just in time for the new Princess gift card offer !! 🍷 🥃 🍸

National Family Day is September 26. Celebrate by giving the gift of adventures ahead. This exclusive offer gives you a $50 bonus gift card to use through the end of next year — lots of time to plan a dream family vacation together! Princess gift cards can be used toward a cruise packed with family-friendly entertainment and activities, Discovery™️ shore excursions, onboard gifts and more. It's the perfect way to create lasting memories with the ones you love

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

just in time for the new Princess gift card offer !! 🍷 🥃 🍸

National Family Day is September 26. Celebrate by giving the gift of adventures ahead. This exclusive offer gives you a $50 bonus gift card to use through the end of next year — lots of time to plan a dream family vacation together! Princess gift cards can be used toward a cruise packed with family-friendly entertainment and activities, Discovery™️ shore excursions, onboard gifts and more. It's the perfect way to create lasting memories with the ones you love

This is the last thing I want to do, lol. I still have over $5K worth of gift cards to try to use somewhere. Not sure I want to ever purchase anymore gift cards in this lifetime 😂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

This is the last thing I want to do, lol. I still have over $5K worth of gift cards to try to use somewhere. Not sure I want to ever purchase anymore gift cards in this lifetime 😂

I agree with you for now.  But after this is over, we have to remember that is a once in a lifetime event.  The odds of having these kinds of problems again are slim.  So myself, not for now, but I won't say never again.  (Yes, I do have a bunch of $$$ in gift cards tied up for now. And with goodwill Future Cruise Credits, and pretty much all inclusive cruises now, they will be tough to use up.)  😉

• Like 1

Does anyone know how long does it usually takes for FCDs to be posted?

My Oct cruise was cancelled like almost two months ago now and just waiting for the FCD to book another cruise. C'mon Princess, it's not even costing you any cash outflow!

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang

2 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

Does anyone know how long does it usually takes for FCDs to be posted?

My Oct cruise was cancelled like almost two months ago now and just waiting for the FCD to book another cruise. C'mon Princess, it's not even costing you any cash outflow!

Michael

They gave affected folks up until August 31st to choose if they wanted a FCC or a cash refund, so my guess is that it's gonna be a while.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

They gave affected folks up until August 31st to choose if they wanted a FCC or a cash refund, so my guess is that it's gonna be a while.

That's true, but I thought after half year of doing the same thing at least FCDs can be done quicker - that does not involve any cash outflow and I thought they might have developed some sort of processes to enable batch processings in a few clicks.

At my company (which is also heavily impacted by travel and cruise shutdown) our credit to customers are applied far quicker than PCL! Although granted we're far smaller than PCL is

Cheers,

Michael