Jump to content

Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sunny88 said:

We are close to 7 Mo. mark, cancelled mid-May trip on March 19th.  Got partial refund after 6 Mo.  still waiting for our FCDs.

.....

How and who did you contact the Exec. office?  

If you email  csteinke@princesscruises.com  Kim Baldwin will respond. She great!!

 

her email: kbaldwin@princesscruises.com

her phone: 1-877-888-1869

Edited by Ombud
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sunny88 said:

We are close to 7 Mo. mark, cancelled mid-May trip on March 19th.  Got partial refund after 6 Mo.  still waiting for our FCDs.

Called Princess monthly got typical answers, either "talk to your TA", or "you will get refund, just do not know when", only one Princess Rep was very helpful, he sent a note to management team to review, that's how we got our partial refunds.   But still not the whole refund. Costco did not help at all, would not book with them again. I remove all the promotion emails from Princess, not interested deal with them for a while, but they still owe us money, so we may have to travel with them once just to get our money back.  I wonder how many cruisers will give up on Princess for the poor customer services.

 

How and who did you contact the Exec. office?  

We called customer relation once 3 months ago, she was rude and not helping at all, just said talk to you TA.  So we are still waiting for the remaining refunds.

 

csteinke@princesscruises.com  - I got that e-mail address here & I did receive a response.  GOOD LUCK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, finally got my reimbursement for the flight I had to take due to a return leg being cancelled in February... However, they did feel that checked baggage was an unnecessary upgrade and refused to cover it.

 

Also, to anybody scheduled to be on the Golden or Star Princess affected by the transfer of vessels to P&O... did they tell you that a cash deposit is only going to be refunded via FCC? (Other monies paid could be refunded, I was told, but not the deposit.)

 

Running total:

8/9 refunds, 1/9 FCC, 1/1 reimbursement, 1/1 EasyAir

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cuedon said:

Well, finally got my reimbursement for the flight I had to take due to a return leg being cancelled in February... However, they did feel that checked baggage was an unnecessary upgrade and refused to cover it.

 

Also, to anybody scheduled to be on the Golden or Star Princess affected by the transfer of vessels to P&O... did they tell you that a cash deposit is only going to be refunded via FCC? (Other monies paid could be refunded, I was told, but not the deposit.)

 

Running total:

8/9 refunds, 1/9 FCC, 1/1 reimbursement, 1/1 EasyAir

My Star booking was cancelled (here we go again) and I didn't get that about the deposit. The options were either full refund of all money paid or 100% FCC plus 25% bonus. I had paid off a significant amount of my cruise on one of two cabins and would have gone FCC had they been offering double again. For 25% I can't justify letting them keep my money when we really have no clue if/when sailing will resume. For the second cabin, only deposit was paid and we will take the FCC for that since minimum FCC is $100 so we really are doubling the deposit. I'm just not sure I have the strength to go through this all over again...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't see any recent references. 

Way back when, Princess offered to cover genuine out of pocket expenses for cruises that were cancelled at short notice, such as flights, non refundable hotel accommodation etc. Our cruise was cancelled in late Feb and my TA submitted a claim for airfares (these were EZ fares paid directly to Princess!), one hotel and a limo transfer. The total was about $2600.

My TA has been getting the delaying tactics from Princess and Princess will not communicate with me as I went through a TA. My two cancelled cruises had the cruise components refunded months ago.

Has anyone had Out of Pocket expenses refunded as yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leck57 said:

Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't see any recent references. 

Way back when, Princess offered to cover genuine out of pocket expenses for cruises that were cancelled at short notice, such as flights, non refundable hotel accommodation etc. Our cruise was cancelled in late Feb and my TA submitted a claim for airfares (these were EZ fares paid directly to Princess!), one hotel and a limo transfer. The total was about $2600.

My TA has been getting the delaying tactics from Princess and Princess will not communicate with me as I went through a TA. My two cancelled cruises had the cruise components refunded months ago.

Has anyone had Out of Pocket expenses refunded as yet?

 

See post by Cuedon above

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, caribill said:

 

See post by Cuedon above

 

Thanks. The penny didn't drop that it was an Out of Pocket. However, is there anyone else. Perhaps, based on Cuedon's experience that are just getting to them now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@leck57  

Was there a roll call for your cruise.  Perhaps you can post in it and ask how others are doing.  Our 10 March cruise was cancelled and we have kept in touch until recently

late September when it seemed everyone  had got their refunds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 12:58 PM, oskidunker said:

Has anyone transferred a refundable deposit to a future cruise? How easy was it?

Yes, I have several times.  It is immediately done at the time you cancel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have 3 cruises booked . One is with Princess doe Jan 15 ,2022  Mexico  & the deposit was $400  [;is we got over $1300 in credits  toward the cruise . We also booked a Carnival cruise Oct 15 ,2022 Hawaii  with a deposit of $198   on a casino discount 

 

  Just wondering  really how safe   are our deposits  with what is going on around the world with covid 19 .Today ,Oct 28th ,2020 the stock markets are getting hammered & all the hospitality stocks are getting   hit very hard   .comments welcome

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 4:51 AM, leck57 said:

 

Thanks. The penny didn't drop that it was an Out of Pocket. However, is there anyone else. Perhaps, based on Cuedon's experience that are just getting to them now.

 

We requested a refund for out of pocket expenses on July 25.  Still waiting to hear anything.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 1:51 AM, leck57 said:

 

Thanks. The penny didn't drop that it was an Out of Pocket. However, is there anyone else. Perhaps, based on Cuedon's experience that are just getting to them now.

 

Some details-- My voyages are always through the casino department, so I only pay taxes, port fees, gratuities, and the deposit (which, as I'm sure we've all heard the speech about, you get back as onboard credit), which really screws with the kind of refunds you get (and, I suspect, relates to why I've been getting the runaround on the promised FCCs for months, even on cabins I paid extra for upgrades and whatnot). As such, I try to do B2B trips to minimize the extra travel overhead, so I was on an eastbound Panama Canal, followed by a westbound PC, and no flights involved. The mass shutdowns occurred on the second to last day (or so) of the first eastbound trip, so the westbound was cancelled, and I had to seek my own flight, at my own expense.

 

I submitted a Refund Request Form to customerrelations@princesscruises.com on March 13 for two people on a Florida->California flight, seating fee (mandatory), checked baggage, and a single Starbucks sandwich. I didn't hear anything useful at all from them for months, and sent a second request on June 30. There were no meaningful messages until the check showed up in my mailbox a few weeks (or whatever a few days prior to that previous post was) ago, with a few notes attached (specifically, the seating fee and checked baggage were considered excessive upgrades and not covered, and food is an uncovered expense... oh well, was worth a shot).

 

This is also in direct contrast to how the crew who assisted with arranging my flights (which was limited to explaining how to log into the shipboard internet cafe at my own expense) told me that the luggage would be covered. Interestingly enough, they didn't fuss at how I decided to take a shot and spring for Economy+ seats, which were about twice as much as regular economy.

 

Running total:

8/9 refunds, 1/9 FCC, 1/1 reimbursement, 1/1 EasyAir

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a Circle Caribbean cruise cut short on the Caribbean Princess in February due to the norovirus.  Completed the required form for out of pocket expenses and mailed them in March.  Had forgotten about the refund, waiting for cancelled Alaskan cruise to be refunded, which it was.  Received email from Princess in mid September stating the my out of pocket reimbursement was being processed and should receive check within two weeks, which I did.  The letter also apologized and explained the reasons for the delay.  Glad to see Princess came through, though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, zukecruiser said:

Had a Circle Caribbean cruise cut short on the Caribbean Princess in February due to the norovirus.  Completed the required form for out of pocket expenses and mailed them in March.  Had forgotten about the refund, waiting for cancelled Alaskan cruise to be refunded, which it was.  Received email from Princess in mid September stating the my out of pocket reimbursement was being processed and should receive check within two weeks, which I did.  The letter also apologized and explained the reasons for the delay.  Glad to see Princess came through, though 

 

And the reasons were?

Link to post
Share on other sites

HALLELUJAH - the long nightmare with Princess is finally over (we hope). We finally received the last amount owed to us by Princess. We had three cruises effected by the first pause. We were on one cruise when the pause hit. Princess finished the cruise as scheduled making all ports and ending the cruise as planned in Adelaide, Australia on March 15. It only took Princess 166 days to refund our remaining refundable onboard credit. This should have been a very simple matter but Princess turned it into an ordeal by not appropriately responding to any of our communications.

 

The next effected cruise was to begin on March 15. This cruise was cancelled so we were expecting a return of our cruise fare, taxes, fcd, fcc and some expenses as indicated by Princess. The first of these payments was received on May 14, the last was November 10, 224 days after the initial claim was received by Princess.

 

The third effected cruise was to leave on April 4 but was cancelled by Princess. Similar to our cancelled March 15 cruise, several types of refunds were promised by Princess. The first was received on April 21, the last was received on October 27, 210 days after Princess received our documentation relating to some expenses. So much for processing refunds based upon either date of cruise or date request received by Princess!

 

As an aside, in April, 2020 we put down deposits on two cruises with CMV.  In July of this year CMV filed the British equivalent of bankruptcy. It took less than 60 days to receive a full refund of our deposits. We know the two situations are completely different, but we just found the two timetables interesting. Hope everyone else has received everything that is owed from Princess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's certainly not in the same league as those of you who are owed THOUSANDS, but in watching Princess slow-walk these refunds, I decided to request a refund of 2 FCD's that we booked in February on board the Royal.  First request Aug-28, 2nd request Nov-3.  I've been checking my account every few days, and it looks like it was finally refunded yesterday.

 

Edited to add:  sister cruise line Holland America refunded my 2 FCD's in 2 days, back in late August.

Edited by Mary Ellen1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 7:44 PM, Ombud said:

If you email  csteinke@princesscruises.com  Kim Baldwin will respond. She great!!

 

her email: kbaldwin@princesscruises.com

her phone: 1-877-888-1869

Thanks Ombud for suggesting that we contact Kim Baldwin.  She was very helpful when I contacted her to assist us with our cash refunds for our cancelled April 2020 TA cruise.  With her assistance, the funds were credited to my credit card within a week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ombud said:

Look for this thread to be 'popular' again. Personally just waiting on gift card refund as I have enough FCC + 'use by' date was not extended  ..... still 5/1/2022

Lol - I was finally all squared away with Princess and didn't think I would ever need to come here again. Now my March cruise has been cancelled and they owe me just over $5k again. I'm also waiting to hear that my August cruise is a no-go since it is no longer showing as bookable on the site. Sigh. REALLY hoping they have got their ducks in a row at this point and it doesn't take 6 months again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Lol - I was finally all squared away with Princess and didn't think I would ever need to come here again. Now my March cruise has been cancelled and they owe me just over $5k again. I'm also waiting to hear that my August cruise is a no-go since it is no longer showing as bookable on the site. Sigh. REALLY hoping they have got their ducks in a row at this point and it doesn't take 6 months again!

Here we go as well.  Took way too long for our last refund.  Just got word that our 14-day July has been cancelled so we are going to go through the refund exercise again.  We still have an August 7-day Alaska that we are hoping will be a "go" but no telling if Canada will play ball with the cruise lines.  Wishing you better luck this time around.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...