Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

1 hour ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

I was told by Princess that it would be 60 BUSINESS days. I cancelled last week, so that puts us at July 2nd, or so, refund deadline.

I just want a straight definitive answer.  So far we have heard:  60 days (this is on the Princess website), 60 business days, starting at the time of cancellation, starting at the time the cruise was scheduled to start.  WHAT IS IT, PRINCESS?

(And I don't think they will blacklist anyone, or cancel Captains Circle accounts, or take any other retaliative measure since they will need every paying customer they can get.)

• Like 1

Princess posted a reply on their latest Youtube video on the new cruise cancellations saying that they hope to have all refunds processed by June and that they are working in the other of when the cruise was supposed to sail. My cruise was supposed to go March 21 but I have yet to receive any refund or FCC so maybe it means this whole situation is just taking a very, very long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0q8oPKBfKo

5 hours ago, mauiluver said:

for those of you who have received a refund back to your credit cards: have you requested your credit card company/bank to issue you a check for the amount of the refund (considering how large it could be can't imagine anyone leaving a credit balance that large on your account). Any problems with getting a check issued from your banks? thanks

I did from American Express and the check arrived fairly quickly.  I haven't received all my refunds yet.  This was from onboard credit that I had purchased.

Edited by mbglib
adding info

12 minutes ago, spantz said:

Princess posted a reply on their latest Youtube video on the new cruise cancellations saying that they hope to have all refunds processed by June and that they are working in the other of when the cruise was supposed to sail. My cruise was supposed to go March 21 but I have yet to receive any refund or FCC so maybe it means this whole situation is just taking a very, very long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0q8oPKBfKo

Thanks for the Youtube link with updates. I was just on princess website and didn’t see this posted .. or at least not prominently.

I finally called Princess today for the first time since our booking was cancelled by the cruise line on March 15.  I spoke to someone who was nice but seemed stressed out and sounded like a temporary employee.  She could not answer any questions I asked but assured me that the refund would be processed within 60 days.  She asked if I had received a refund for gratuities and shore excursions and I said no.  She said, “Oh, it just hasn’t been processed yet.”  Didn’t inspire a lot of confidence, but I really feel for the company and can only imagine how everything is falling apart for them.  I am just hoping for the best and I have real faith in CCL as a corporation.  I think they will pull through and we will be sailing before you know it.  I am in the camp that sees the entire reaction to the virus as an over reaction, so for me this will all be in the rear view mirror as soon as we are allowed to hit the road again.  Hopefully everything starts to open up by May 1.  Everyone I know is ready to go.

17 minutes ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

I am in the camp that sees the entire reaction to the virus as an over reaction, so for me this will all be in the rear view mirror as soon as we are allowed to hit the road again.  

Wow.  25,000+ people have died. you know.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Bay Cruiser said:

Thanks for posting the link to the youtube video.  I listened to the video a couple of times and did not hear Jan Schwartz say they hoped all the refunds would be processed by June.  Did she say that in a different video??

It was in the comment section underneath the You Tube video

7 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I think there are some people who may be in for a surprise if/when their bank reinstates the charges to their credit card accounts after Princess documents to the banks a valid refund policy is in effect.

Yup, that's why I am just going to wait for the refund and FCC.  It may take some time, but I don't plan to sail again until next winter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

I am in the camp that sees the entire reaction to the virus as an over reaction, so for me this will all be in the rear view mirror as soon as we are allowed to hit the road again. 

I'm in the camp that wonders how many people might not have gotten the virus if we had taken it more serious sooner. It may seem as an over reaction if one is not directly affected, but what about  the over crowded medical facilities and overworked health care providers. Do the families who have lost loved ones feel it was an over reaction? 614117 cases and 26059 deaths and we are overreacting.

• Like 5

On 4/14/2020 at 1:13 AM, WatchHill said:

Three weeks ago, we requested the 4 FCC certificate payments be refunded to the credit card on record. At that time we were told it will take 10 business days. Trying to patient at this difficult time, we waited an additional week. DH just called Princess and was told 60 days! Not a good way to retain customers when you do this to frequent cruisers. 

I'm waiting for Virgin Atlantic to refund us for cancelled flights - at least I have the documentation and was told 100 days at the outset. Plus, the date of this charge is rather recent and I can always contact the credit card company. The FCC's are well over a year old so CC charge back might not work.

We still have our CCL stock.

Be well, be safe

Darcy

I cancelled a cruise on the 20 March via telephone and was also told I would receive our deposit refund promptly.  I will calling them next week and fully expect to be told that it will take up to 60 days, especially since they cancelled the entire Alaskan season today.  

16 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I think there are some people who may be in for a surprise if/when their bank reinstates the charges to their credit card accounts after Princess documents to the banks a valid refund policy is in effect.

Princess had a valid refund policy in effect when I cancelled of 7-10 days. Then they changed it after that.

If I could not make final payment when it was due, I am sure they would be OK with waiting another 7-10 days to get their money. Then when I couldn't meet that, they would be OK with me waiting another 60 days to pay. 

• Like 1

Those of you who have (or haven’t I guess) received a refund, is the cruise(s) still showing in your personalizer? Mine finally dropped off this morning and I can confirm I did not receive any travel days credited (wasn’t expecting to). 

21 hours ago, mauiluver said:

for those of you who have received a refund back to your credit cards: have you requested your credit card company/bank to issue you a check for the amount of the refund (considering how large it could be can't imagine anyone leaving a credit balance that large on your account). Any problems with getting a check issued from your banks? thanks

I transferred the credit to my savings account with 1 phone call (later discovered I could have just done it in the app) but then my credit card, checking, and savings are all at the same place (USAA). I did wind up with a negative rewards account but they said that will wind down over time as I make new charges 

37 minutes ago, dearinger said:

Those of you who have (or haven’t I guess) received a refund, is the cruise(s) still showing in your personalizer? Mine finally dropped off this morning and I can confirm I did not receive any travel days credited (wasn’t expecting to). 

Mine dropped off about a week after the cancellation, and I got a notice that the EZ Air was cancelled and an email that my Medallion order was cancelled as well.  But nothing about any refunds as yet.. Cancelled March 12. 

48 minutes ago, dearinger said:

Mine still shows completed for our March 17th reservation cancelled by Princess. No FCC yet, form filed March 12.

43 minutes ago, dearinger said:

Mine was dropped off personalizer when I checked last night and I check every day.  Dropped off cruise history as well.  No Future Cruise Credit or credit card refunds either.  EZ air dropped off Delta quite a few days ago.   Our cruise was to be May 4.

Makes me nervous there is no record of proof I even had this cruise on there accept my own paperwork.  I chose option 1.  Is this part of the reimbursement process or is it a mistake that it disappeared?  Hope it means they are working on both of ours!!!!

1 minute ago, ROWSE said:

Mine was dropped off personalizer when I checked last night and I check every day.  Dropped off cruise history as well.  No Future Cruise Credit or credit card refunds either.  EZ air dropped off Delta quite a few days ago.   Our cruise was to be May 4.

Makes me nervous there is no record of proof I even had this cruise on there accept my own paperwork.  I chose option 1.  Is this part of the reimbursement process or is it a mistake that it disappeared?  Hope it means they are working on both of ours!!!!

okay, so there is no rhyme or reason as to how/when this happens. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern or consistent manner in which these are done. I am starting to believe that these are being processed one by one by a human and not by any automated manner. 

• Like 1

I am a paper person.  Whenever I book a cruise, either direct with cruise line or with a travel agency, I print a copy of the invoice that they give me, and then move the email to a new folder "trips".  I keep all revised invoices, and I call if they do not include the perks printed on the invoice (ie: paid gratuities, drinks, obc).  I save all and print them all.  When Carnival cancelled our April cruise, it disappeared from Carnival and my travel agency account, but I have every invoice printed from both.

I have two cruises to be refunded - Carnival and Princess.  I will hold on to the paper work until I am refunded every dime I am owed.

8 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

I am a paper person.  Whenever I book a cruise, either direct with cruise line or with a travel agency, I print a copy of the invoice that they give me, and then move the email to a new folder "trips".  

I have two cruises to be refunded - Carnival and Princess.  I will hold on to the paper work until I am refunded every dime I am owed.

I do exactly the same!

6 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

I am a paper person.  Whenever I book a cruise, either direct with cruise line or with a travel agency, I print a copy of the invoice that they give me, and then move the email to a new folder "trips".  I keep all revised invoices, and I call if they do not include the perks printed on the invoice (ie: paid gratuities, drinks, obc).  I save all and print them all.  When Carnival cancelled our April cruise, it disappeared from Carnival and my travel agency account, but I have every invoice printed from both.

Good for you!!!  Thankfully,  I do the same.  Looks like a good idea for everyone right now.
We definitely have to be our own advocates at this time for sure.