Jump to content

Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges


Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, dearinger said:

Those of you who have (or haven’t I guess) received a refund, is the cruise(s) still showing in your personalizer? Mine finally dropped off this morning and I can confirm I did not receive any travel days credited (wasn’t expecting to). 

 

Of the five cruises I had in my personalizer just a few weeks ago, the two I cancelled a couple of weeks ago dropped off immediately.  The 3 that Princess cancelled (two on 3/13 and one just yesterday) only seem to completely drop off when the sail date passes as the latter two are still on my personalizer.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ROWSE said:

Mine was dropped off personalizer when I checked last night and I check every day.  Dropped off cruise history as well.  No Future Cruise Credit or credit card refunds either.  EZ air dropped off Delta quite a few days ago.   Our cruise was to be May 4.

 

Makes me nervous there is no record of proof I even had this cruise on there accept my own paperwork.  I chose option 1.  Is this part of the reimbursement process or is it a mistake that it disappeared?  Hope it means they are working on both of ours!!!!


okay, so there is no rhyme or reason as to how/when this happens. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern or consistent manner in which these are done. I am starting to believe that these are being processed one by one by a human and not by any automated manner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a paper person.  Whenever I book a cruise, either direct with cruise line or with a travel agency, I print a copy of the invoice that they give me, and then move the email to a new folder "trips".  I keep all revised invoices, and I call if they do not include the perks printed on the invoice (ie: paid gratuities, drinks, obc).  I save all and print them all.  When Carnival cancelled our April cruise, it disappeared from Carnival and my travel agency account, but I have every invoice printed from both.

I have two cruises to be refunded - Carnival and Princess.  I will hold on to the paper work until I am refunded every dime I am owed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

I am a paper person.  Whenever I book a cruise, either direct with cruise line or with a travel agency, I print a copy of the invoice that they give me, and then move the email to a new folder "trips".  

 

I have two cruises to be refunded - Carnival and Princess.  I will hold on to the paper work until I am refunded every dime I am owed.

 

 

I do exactly the same!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

I am a paper person.  Whenever I book a cruise, either direct with cruise line or with a travel agency, I print a copy of the invoice that they give me, and then move the email to a new folder "trips".  I keep all revised invoices, and I call if they do not include the perks printed on the invoice (ie: paid gratuities, drinks, obc).  I save all and print them all.  When Carnival cancelled our April cruise, it disappeared from Carnival and my travel agency account, but I have every invoice printed from both.

I have two cruises to be refunded - Carnival and Princess.  I will hold on to the paper work until I am refunded every dime I am owed.

Good for you!!!  Thankfully,  I do the same.  Looks like a good idea for everyone right now.
We definitely have to be our own advocates at this time for sure.  
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

I am a paper person.  Whenever I book a cruise, either direct with cruise line or with a travel agency, I print a copy of the invoice that they give me, and then move the email to a new folder "trips".  I keep all revised invoices, and I call if they do not include the perks printed on the invoice (ie: paid gratuities, drinks, obc).  I save all and print them all.  When Carnival cancelled our April cruise, it disappeared from Carnival and my travel agency account, but I have every invoice printed from both.

I have two cruises to be refunded - Carnival and Princess.  I will hold on to the paper work until I am refunded every dime I am owed.

We do the same thing with one addition.  All reservations with confirmation numbers get 2 copies made and an actual paper file containing one of those copies for all of our confirmed reservations, (airline, hotel, car etc..) are always in our carry on bags when going on ANY trip not just cruises.  The few times we had that hard copy saved us time and aggravation in a few situations.  Merely having the confirmation number isn't enough for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gitmo said:

Hoping against hope that this thread will stay with the OP's simple question; "Are people getting the refund money in their credit card accounts?".     

 

I agree with you but if it stayed on topic it wouldn't have even come close to filling one page.  Certainly doesn't speak well of Princess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always wondered how people get actual cash refunds? I mean does everyone book their cruises with debit/credit cards? Aren there like people who prefer exclusively to use cash, and these people can also demand refunds and stuff. As far as I know, cash refunds should be issued much quicker than credit card ones. Simply because they can just open the cashier in the office and take out money you just gave them. Maybe I am a bit old school on that but I still think that if you are afraid of a long refund , or a refund in general, you should pay with cash.. and get your refund in cash

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ROWSE said:

Makes me nervous there is no record of proof I even had this cruise on there accept my own paperwork.  I chose option 1.  Is this part of the reimbursement process or is it a mistake that it disappeared?  Hope it means they are working on both of ours!!!!


As a former auditor, this is one of the most egregious issues with Princess’s systems:  things disappear (meaning the passengers can no longer see them) long before credits are being received. Same thing with FCDs...when they are cancelled, they are gone in a second, but the refunds are not appearing for months. Save screen captures, Booking IDs, and Credit IDs; I know of no other way for us to ask for status updates from Princess, nor to prove their existence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:


As a former auditor, this is one of the most egregious issues with Princess’s systems:  things disappear (meaning the passengers can no longer see them) long before credits are being received. Same thing with FCDs...when they are cancelled, they are gone in a second, but the refunds are not appearing for months. Save screen captures, Booking IDs, and Credit IDs; I know of no other way for us to ask for status updates from Princess, nor to prove their existence. 

Actually my FCD still shows .. but it shows as having been using for voyage # xyz123

thus leaving me with $0 FCD and $0 OBC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gitmo said:

Hoping against hope that this thread will stay with the OP's simple question; "Are people getting the refund money in their credit card accounts?".     

You and me both Gitmo.. you and me both.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gitmo said:

Hoping against hope that this thread will stay with the OP's simple question; "Are people getting the refund money in their credit card accounts?".     

Looks like people are still waiting.  No new refunds have been reported. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, remydiva said:

Actually my FCD still shows .. but it shows as having been using for voyage # xyz123

thus leaving me with $0 FCD and $0 OBC.

 

Mine shows that it is still applied to the cancelled May 9th cruise.  Got a refund for part of what we paid within a couple days of cancelling but no accounting or additional FCCs applied as of yet.  It's been 5 weeks since we cancelled and the cruise disappeared from the Cruise Personalizer immediately after our TA cancelled it (two days before Princess announced "the pause".)  Still waiting for additional refund and / or FCCs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:


As a former auditor, this is one of the most egregious issues with Princess’s systems:  things disappear (meaning the passengers can no longer see them) long before credits are being received. Same thing with FCDs...when they are cancelled, they are gone in a second, but the refunds are not appearing for months. Save screen captures, Booking IDs, and Credit IDs; I know of no other way for us to ask for status updates from Princess, nor to prove their existence. 

And of course Princess, at least as far as they say now, says that they cannot tell you the status of your refund.  Which I find quite strange because prior to this they had, and now lost, the ability to check their computer and tell you if the refund has been submitted for payment.  Last year I had a case where I canceled a cruise, prior to final payment, and the refund did not show up within the expected time.  I called and the person in customer service, checked her computer, noticed that it had not been processed and called someone to get it submitted.  Showed up in my CC account 2 days later.

 

The way this is acting, I get the feeling that all refunds are not being approved by the individual lines, but are instead all being approved by Corporate to control cash flow.  That would fit with someone reporting that Princess had told them that they were setting up the system to process refunds.

Edited by npcl
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, npcl said:

The way this is acting, I get the feeling that all refunds are not being approved by the individual lines, but are instead all being approved by Corporate to control cash flow.  That would fit with someone reporting that Princess had told them that they were setting up the system to process refunds.

 

I think it's very obvious that some form or another of that is definitely going on.  What isn't so obvious to me is why?  They have a decent runway so I assume they're not going to hold onto refunds until a year or so from now when their cash runs out.  Or maybe they are.  But if not, why aren't they just processing them as fast as they can going back to the 4/1 announcement of the bond closing, at a point when they had already drawn $1.6B of their LOC and knew another $6B+ was coming in. 

 

WAY too few refunds have been handled thus far.  We could practically consider them lottery winners.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My booking dropped off yesterday.  When I log in and click on Booked Guests it says I have no booking.  However if I use the log in box that takes you directly to your booking using my name, email, birth date AND booking number it shows me my booking in Cruise Personalizer.  I keep checking for a refund but nothing yet.  So my booking has not completely disappeared.   I assume and hope the change in booking status means they are working on the refund.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bay Cruiser said:

My booking dropped off yesterday.  When I log in and click on Booked Guests it says I have no booking.  However if I use the log in box that takes you directly to your booking using my name, email, birth date AND booking number it shows me my booking in Cruise Personalizer.  I keep checking for a refund but nothing yet.  So my booking has not completely disappeared.   I assume and hope the change in booking status means they are working on the refund.  

 

We were supposed to sail in three days, and within the past couple days  the booking has disappeared 

from the cruise personalizer.  Also, under the Completed cruises section, the 4/18 cruise which showed as  “future” has disappeared from that screen as well, but I’ve read on a few cruise boards that people were actually getting cruise credits for cruises that weren’t even taken,ie, Cruise not taken but showing   As “completed” that Princess  canceled.  That certainly isn’t the case with my booking, nor would I  Expect that.  Just thought it was worth a mention.  

Also, I always take screenshots of everything in the personalizer  as proof.  

Edited by 4cats4me
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got off a webinar for TAs with the VP of sales. He did state that refunds and FCCs would take up to 60 days to process as they were being taken care of manually, one by one, to ensure that everything was processed accurately. He also confirmed that they would be taking care of this in order of sail date - which means that my March 14th sailing should be at the front of the line....fingers crossed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I just got off a webinar for TAs with the VP of sales. He did state that refunds and FCCs would take up to 60 days to process as they were being taken care of manually, one by one, to ensure that everything was processed accurately. He also confirmed that they would be taking care of this in order of sail date - which means that my March 14th sailing should be at the front of the line....fingers crossed!

I hope our Feb 13 cruise is processed soon, our 60 days has come and gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lhall85917 said:

I hope our Feb 13 cruise is processed soon, our 60 days has come and gone.

Oh, man....you are a whole month ahead of me! That glimmer of hope just got extinguished. I thought/hoped that people prior to the March 12th cancellations had been taken care of....so sorry!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Oh, man....you are a whole month ahead of me! That glimmer of hope just got extinguished. I thought/hoped that people prior to the March 12th cancellations had been taken care of....so sorry!

I may have missed it, but I haven’t seen any reports of refunds being issued yet. We received 50%FCC when we cancelled (couldn’t justify taking a chance out of Singapore), but when the cruise was cancelled a day later we were told we would receive a refund and a total of 100% FCC. Our TA has checked several times. At first it was 5-10 business days, then 30 days, now 60. Maybe we will start hearing refund reports soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I always wondered how people get actual cash refunds? I mean does everyone book their cruises with debit/credit cards? Aren there like people who prefer exclusively to use cash, and these people can also demand refunds and stuff. As far as I know, cash refunds should be issued much quicker than credit card ones. Simply because they can just open the cashier in the office and take out money you just gave them. Maybe I am a bit old school on that but I still think that if you are afraid of a long refund , or a refund in general, you should pay with cash.. and get your refund in cash

You cannot pay Princess for a cruise in cash.  Perhaps if you use a B&M TA, they might accept a barrel of cash, but I would ask first.  Not sure why you think travel industry is going to be working in cash.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As of today still nothing. We were cancelled on our March 14 Sky back to back two days before we were to sail so I’m waiting for my 225 percent future cruise credit as well as about 2600 in excursions and internet and spending cash etc. I also was to sail in May for a small cruise that also got canceled with the shutdown so I’m waiting for 150 percent cruise credit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...