Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

36 minutes ago, smithmlmx said:

Supposed to cruise on the SKY on March 28. Cancelled by Princess and chose option 2. Nothing yet - however Personalizer, as of yesterday, shows a cruise credit for the cruise as if I had actually taken the cruise.

And our pending cruise of 4/18 disappeared from the Personalizer altogether.  Poof.  Gone.  It was listed as pending, and based on what others had been saying, I was expecting it to maybe show as “completed.”  Regardless, we don’t need another cruise credits especially for a cruise that never took place, but it would be nice to get the FCC’s we were promised and a refund of  port charges and taxes back to our CC eventually.  

It’s only been 34 days, so I guess we can just wait another 26 + days.   

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 1

I told Princess to give us the refund for the cruise and EZ airfare back in March for a May 4th cruise. We still haven't received anything. The standard response was 60days. I'd prefer not to dispute on my CC  and wait as long as I can. I read that many people reported how travel companies screwed them to their state attorney general office, and some even reported it to TV stations. I don't know what they can do as I am not familiar with consumer law. If Princess and other cruise companies don't start doing the right thing, they will damaged their reputation and brand. Action speaks louder than words. If you say you going to give money back, do it already and stop using delayed tactics. Just my 2 cents.

7 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Depending on how one read that post, it could be somewhat misleading.  Long before the Covid crises Golden Princess was scheduled to be transferred from Princess' fleet to CCL's P&O line as Princess was adding more Royal Class ships to their fleet.  Since Golden won't be able to make it's final itineraries as a Princess ship, the ship is going to P&O a little earlier than planned.

I suspect that is what that post is referring to.

The Star will also be going.

• Like 1

Hope you have smooth sailing. Was quite disappointed, as I was taking my granddaughter on a cruise for her 21st birthday. Had made a substantial down payment. Now the waiting game begins. Governor just extended stay-at-home until May 26th. Have been sheltering-in-place since March 15. No stores, no visits. Have a big freezer and lots of supplies.

45 minutes ago, winnie#1 said:

Hope you have smooth sailing. Was quite disappointed, as I was taking my granddaughter on a cruise for her 21st birthday. Had made a substantial down payment. Now the waiting game begins. Governor just extended stay-at-home until May 26th. Have been sheltering-in-place since March 15. No stores, no visits. Have a big freezer and lots of supplies.

We are cleaning 25 years worth of accumulation from our closets and garage.  "When life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade...and try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.”  (Just remember to keep at least 6' apart! 😄)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dchan865 said:

I told Princess to give us the refund for the cruise and EZ airfare back in March for a May 4th cruise. We still haven't received anything. The standard response was 60days. I'd prefer not to dispute on my CC  and wait as long as I can. I read that many people reported how travel companies screwed them to their state attorney general office, and some even reported it to TV stations. I don't know what they can do as I am not familiar with consumer law. If Princess and other cruise companies don't start doing the right thing, they will damaged their reputation and brand. Action speaks louder than words. If you say you going to give money back, do it already and stop using delayed tactics. Just my 2 cents.

If you timely file the dispute you can collect from the Travel Agent in the event The Cruise Line does not pay or goes into bankruptcy.  Only file the dispute for breach of the Cruise Contract. 

Edited by susantx3

7 hours ago, Coral said:

This is posted on FB today:

REFUNDS and FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS (FCC): Processing has begun on cancelled voyages in departure date order. Given the volume and care being dedicated to make sure each booking is processed accurately, it may take up to 60 days from the date we receive your choice for a refund or FCC. Our team managing this is also working from home, so we ask for your grace and patience in affording us time to manage this with excellence but know that our team is working to expedite the process as quickly as possible. Please stay healthy and safe.

I just talked to them today and this is consistent with what I was told.

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

Yup, they agent on the phone said that they had our paperwork and was able to tell me exactly what we could expect for a refund, including prepaid tips and excursions.  This did give me some confidence that we will probably get a refund and FCC in 60-90 days.

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I think the Star is scheduled to go in June of 2021.  I have a booking on the Star for next March/April.

I hope not since I have a cruise booked to Alaska on the Star for late June 2021.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

53 minutes ago, travelhound said:

Yup, it does appear that Princess is starting to get organized.  

Real progress,  now they need to follow up with quick refunds and also give the customer the option to re book the same cruise at the same price.

17 minutes ago, susantx3 said:

Real progress,  now they need to follow up with quick refunds and also give the customer the option to re book the same cruise at the same price.

Very interesting idea, but Princess has given so much away in FCC's that they have to start making money some how.  This is where it gets interesting, how many cruisers with FCC's can they make a little back on, vs how many cruisers without FCC's will they lose?

14 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I think the Star is scheduled to go in June of 2021.  I have a booking on the Star for next March/April.

9 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I hope not since I have a cruise booked to Alaska on the Star for late June 2021.

Ooops!  Take the word June away from my prior post.  They didn't give a date, just "late 2021.'  They announced the removal of Golden and Star to P&O in August of 2018.   Has nothing to do with Princess' current finances.

🥴 

Edited by Daniel A

Day 36 since the Great Cruise Cancellations of 2020 - To recap, the official cancellation notice came the morning of March 12.  After discussions with the missus, we decided to take the "lower value" cash option and received a "Princess Booking Compensation request receipt" that day .  On March 19, we got an email about the cancellation of our Ocean Medallion, and on the 20th our TA got notice of the cancellation of the flights.  Sometime that week, the cruise disappeared from our personalizer.  

And that's it.  No more communication.  It's been strongly suggested to me (from those who's advice I trust) that I not dispute the charge with the bank until the 60 days are up, so that's what I will do.  Sit..   and...   wait.     I'm lucky enough to not be in a desperate need for money - I certainly don't want to lose the thousands of dollars I have invested in this cruise, but I'm not starving if I don't get it back.  

And I'm thinking Princess/Carnival is holding onto cash because of a future lawsuit problem.  Bloomberg News says over 40 Carnival cruise guests have died from COVID-19 in the past year.  In reading the article one gets the impression that the CDC's Cruise Ship ban came exclusively from their experiences with the Diamond and Grand Princess.  https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2020-carnival-cruise-coronavirus/

17 minutes ago, MarkieMark16 said:

And I'm thinking Princess/Carnival is holding onto cash because of a future lawsuit problem.  Bloomberg News says over 40 Carnival cruise guests have died from COVID-19 in the past year.  In reading the article one gets the impression that the CDC's Cruise Ship ban came exclusively from their experiences with the Diamond and Grand Princess.  https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2020-carnival-cruise-coronavirus/

I haven't seen any nursing homes or long term facilities ban. Other than visitors.

Edited by billco

7 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Very interesting idea, but Princess has given so much away in FCC's that they have to start making money some how.  This is where it gets interesting, how many cruisers with FCC's can they make a little back on, vs how many cruisers without FCC's will they lose?

FCC are money markers.  Those of us trying to book the same cruise are finding it cost more with FCC.  Best option is to get cash and then look for the many, many deals to come. There have been no drastic cut in prices, clearly the CEO's have an agreement in place to hold the line on price, but  the deal won't last forever.

4 hours ago, springfire said:

Bottom line-Princess we dont want promises and delays, we just want our money back.  We need to see if you are able to regain our trust.

In all likelihood most getting a refund will immediately try and book a new cruise.  Head in the Sand approach is not working.  Way past time to start cutting checks.

7 hours ago, susantx3 said:

Unfortunately I don't think they are going to give us the same cruise at the same price, but with up to a 225% cruise credit, I do feel reasonably compensated.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, billco said:

I haven't seen any nursing homes or long term facilities ban. Other than visitors.

Yup, clearly Princess is not responsible for the pandemic.  My mother's nursing home has also experienced many deaths, and nobody is blaming the nursing home.

• Like 1