Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

I have to say Princess has fallen short in refunding money. Considering we were originally told 30 days, very few reported any refund during this time. As someone who has $$$$ tied up with this, I do find it frustrating. They are going to have to quickly start refunding to meet the 60 day mark.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I have to say Princess has fallen short in refunding money. Considering we were originally told 30 days, very few reported any refund during this time. As someone who has $$$$ tied up with this, I do find it frustrating. They are going to have to quickly start refunding to meet the 60 day mark.

I know Coral, you were cancelling same time as me. What is going on with them? We have heard from so few re. Refunds since March 6 th.  I am also trying to get my FCD back they included in my FCC refund. Phoned, cut off, emailed Princess, cannot get answer from TA working 1 day a week from home and Princess website won’t let me put a cruise on hold. Note on site says maintenance tonight. 

12 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

You state with certainty that "no one has received a refund since their March 12, 2020 promises ."  What is the source of this 'factual information'?  I would like to read the audit report that you must have to make such a statement.  Your statement that "Princess is not a victim " goes a long way to establishing the reliability of your other statements.  I suspect that no matter what Princess does, you will never accept that Princess wasn't running a 'con game.'

Respectfully show me the proof where Princess is issuing refunds.....obviously you are not owed $$$$ money.....cheerleading for Princess is not going to change the fact that they are not issuing SIMPLE refunds.....it is not rocket science if they are such an incredible business organization as you boost then this should have been a standard routine business transaction for them to deal with.....other travel providers we are dealing with have had no problem issuing refunds......I doubt they are going to be around in the future anyway which is probably the real reason they lack funds for refunds......

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dog said:

I know Coral, you were cancelling same time as me. What is going on with them? We have heard from so few re. Refunds since March 6 th.  I am also trying to get my FCD back they included in my FCC refund. Phoned, cut off, emailed Princess, cannot get answer from TA working 1 day a week from home and Princess website won’t let me put a cruise on hold. Note on site says maintenance tonight. 

My TA answers the phone every time I call. I really feel sorry for her because she only does cruises and is dealing with every line and every cancellation. She doesn't have any answers either as she struggles to try to help her clients.

I got my hopes up when 1 person got their refund earlier this week. Though with the amount of people on this board, there should be more than 1 person.

I did get a refund from Allianz (travel insurance). 

I am not putting a hold on any cruise (regardless of line) until this is over. I do have one cruise previously held and probably won't go on that cruise as it is in December. Though I may be in a different mind set if I asked for FCC and wanted to lock in prices.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

Respectfully show me the proof where Princess is issuing refunds.....obviously you are not owed $$$$ money.....cheerleading for Princess is not going to change the fact that they are not issuing SIMPLE refunds.....it is not rocket science if they are such an incredible business organization as you boost then this should have been a standard routine business transaction for them to deal with.....other travel providers we are dealing with have had no problem issuing refunds......I doubt they are going to be around in the future anyway which is probably the real reason they lack funds for refunds......

I have already received my refund and my wildly incorrect FCC. 
Just because a sampling of Princess customers on CC haven’t received a refund doesn’t mean that no one is receiving them. My cruise was for mid May and was cancelled the same time as everyone else’s and I received my refund last week. 

I completely agree that Princess has not handled this well and has lost a lot of face in all of this. Those of you that are Princess loyalist and been on 50x more cruises than I have seem to be hurt the most and I get that. I do think that Princess should be more transparent about what is happening behind the scenes if they want to make everyone feel better about what is happening. 

Edited by dearinger
  • Like 1

Everyone is very frustrated for sure!  I just hope for the day this is all just a bad memory!

Yesterday I spoke to a Princess Representative about a question I had.  We had a conversation about the mess that

this all is.  She mentioned the credit card company's are also so slammed with everything including refunds coming 

back to people from various cancellation that it is taking them extra long also to even list someone's refund back to them from Princess.  Hadn't thought about that operation being gummed up as well. 

I'm not getting a refund for my May 4 cancelled cruise, but only a Future Cruise Credit, and my EZ air and Government Fees held in a "holding account" for future as far as I understand it from her.  She spoke to a Supervisor about it during our call so felt like it was somewhat reliable.  

I have a better idea what my FCC should list as anyway! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Actually you (and I) cancelled originally after the March 5th email was released with the temporary cancellation policy which indicated 10 days - here's the language:

"Please note that Future Cruise Credits will automatically be applied to each guest's Captain's Circle account after they have cancelled. The Future Cruise Credit will not be available instantly and may take up to 10 business days to be processed. Guests with Princess Vacation Protection should file a claim via www.aontravelclaim.com in the first instance. "

Then came the pause with the change to 30 days which quickly morphed to 60 days.  I think the only difference is that I received a partial refund immediately and you didn't which still is odd since you cancelled before I did.  But you have answers about how much will be ultimately paid or credited to you whereas I have no clue as to how they came up with what they paid me or how much I will receive in FCC.  And so we wait.

24 minutes ago, dearinger said:

Just because a sampling of Princess customers on CC haven’t received a refund doesn’t mean that no one is receiving them. My cruise was for mid May and was cancelled the same time as everyone else’s and I received my refund last week. 

I completely agree that Princess has not handled this well and has lost a lot of face in all of this. Those of you that are Princess loyalist and been on 50x more cruises than I have seem to be hurt the most and I get that. I do think that Princess should be more transparent about what is happening behind the scenes if they want to make everyone feel better about what is happening. 

Yup, people on CC tend to think that this forum represents the entire cruise population.  In reality, there are probably only a couple of hundred people who regularly post here.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Actually you (and I) cancelled originally after the March 5th email was released with the temporary cancellation policy which indicated 10 days - here's the language:

"Please note that Future Cruise Credits will automatically be applied to each guest's Captain's Circle account after they have cancelled. The Future Cruise Credit will not be available instantly and may take up to 10 business days to be processed. Guests with Princess Vacation Protection should file a claim via www.aontravelclaim.com in the first instance. "

Please see above.  FCC - not refund in 10 days. 

Edited by Daniel A

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Look at my response please.  I did not imply that the refund was due in 10 days.

Sorry if I was wrong.  Since you were replying to Coral's post about refunds, It appeared to me that you were referencing refunds.  Apparently my mistake for reading it that way.

8 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Then came the pause with the change to 30 days which quickly morphed to 60 days.  I think the only difference is that I received a partial refund immediately and you didn't which still is odd since you cancelled before I did.  But you have answers about how much will be ultimately paid or credited to you whereas I have no clue as to how they came up with what they paid me or how much I will receive in FCC.  And so we wait.

I told my TA to cancel first thing on the 6th. I don't think things got cancelled until early afternoon as she couldn't get through to Princess and wanted to do it over the phone. I know I went into 100% penalty on the 7th of March (26 day cruise booked as 1 cruise but could also be booked as B2B). I probably would have waited it out longer as most of my fellow cruisers were in 50% penalty for awhile when I was going into 100%. I will remember in the future to book this as B2B next time. It was just crazy as things were getting worse where I was going and I couldn't trust Princess would do the right thing and cancel the voyage. A lot of lessons learned on this.

I will just feel better when my money is refunded.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Sorry if I was wrong.  Since you were replying to Coral's post about refunds, It appeared to me that you were referencing refunds.  Apparently my mistake for reading it that way.

And maybe I could have worded it better.  They actually DID send me a partial refund right away but I still don't know anything about FCCs, so to me the latter has been my focus.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Thanks 1

I have cancelled a cruise with Princess before and my credit card was refunded within 2 days. This time, I feel that making everyone wait an extended period of time, is a way for the company to hang onto everyone's money just a little bit longer. I feel princess is damaging their reputation by holding back refunds. Princess has no issue charging my credit card instantly when I book a cruise, but it takes 60 days to refund me? I have another cruise booked with Princess for next April. How Princess handles my refund, will affect my opinion of Princess and whether or not I take another cruise with them.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ROWSE said:

Everyone is very frustrated for sure!  I just hope for the day this is all just a bad memory!

Yesterday I spoke to a Princess Representative about a question I had.  We had a conversation about the mess that

this all is.  She mentioned the credit card company's are also so slammed with everything including refunds coming 

back to people from various cancellation that it is taking them extra long also to even list someone's refund back to them from Princess.  Hadn't thought about that operation being gummed up as well. 

I would believe that if I was having problems getting refund from other companies. I have not. I received an email yesterday from Allianz about my refund being approved. Today I see the funds on my credit card. I had some other things I needed to refund concerning my trip and they were quickly refunded as well.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Carnevale said:

They are destroying customer loyalty exactly at a time they need it most.

Not on topic, but at the very least I suspect we'll see some pretty terrific offers from surviving or successor cruise lines offering status matches,  competitive match discounts and maybe even honoring some portion of FCCs from Princess.  Princess has squandered their goodwill capital.

Are you listening other-cruise-lines?  🛳️  😉

57 minutes ago, dearinger said:

My travel agent does a huge amount of Princess business (very high top producer, probably one of the top in the country). I spoke with her about refunds and it sounded like her clients are waiting just like myself. So if you think CC isn't a good indicator, I think my agent probably would know if refunds were starting to get refunded with her clients. Maybe a few have but she is constantly getting calls from her clients and I got the impression that I am in the majority.

I am happy for you that you did receive yours. I hope more start reporting. It is odd that Princess says it will be in the order of the cruise date and by when people responded and your cruise is for mid-May. There are a ton of people with March and April cruises who have not received anything yet. It is weird Princess refunded you before some others. Consider yourself lucky.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, as400guy said:

Not on topic, but at the very least I suspect we'll see some pretty terrific offers from surviving or successor cruise lines offering status matches,  competitive match discounts and maybe even honoring some portion of FCCs from Princess.  Princess has squandered their goodwill capital.

Are you listening other-cruise-lines?  🛳️  😉

If everybody follows through on their threats, I don't think Princess will have any problem with social distancing on their cruises from now on....  Who knows maybe that will make Princess the first line authorized to start up again.

9 minutes ago, Coral said:

I would believe that if I was having problems getting refund from other companies. I have not. I received an email yesterday from Allianz about my refund being approved. Today I see the funds on my credit card. I had some other things I needed to refund concerning my trip and they were quickly refunded as well.

Agree with you.  I cancelled a few on board purchases two days before I cancelled the cruise and those appeared in my credit card statement two days after I cancelled them just like they have in the past.  The partial refund for the cruise appeared about 4 days after I cancelled the cruise.  I had also used miles + copay to upgrade our EZAir United flights and that took a little while to sort out with them but when I did, the credits appeared within 10 days.

I can accept that it's taking them longer to process given the volume and also that the credit card companies are slammed as well which is delaying the normal credit process.  Maybe Princess put a halt to cancellations in the system which triggered the refunds due to the various programs re: FCC bonuses that they are offering?  The fact that my cruise disappeared immediately after our TA cancelled it and others didn't kind of supports this idea.  And it would explain why the ancillary purchases didn't get refunded immediately if their system "thinks" the cruise is still active.  But it would still seem to me that there aren't that many variables re: cancellation options and that they should be able to create a code to do all of this automatically.  It's all so strange but all we can do is speculate at this point - not much else to do!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coral said:

My travel agent does a huge amount of Princess business (very high top producer, probably one of the top in the country). I spoke with her about refunds and it sounded like her clients are waiting just like myself. So if you think CC isn't a good indicator, I think my agent probably would know if refunds were starting to get refunded with her clients. Maybe a few have but she is constantly getting calls from her clients and I got the impression that I am in the majority.

I am happy for you that you did receive yours. I hope more start reporting. It is odd that Princess says it will be in the order of the cruise date and by when people responded and your cruise is for mid-May. There are a ton of people with March and April cruises who have not received anything yet. It is weird Princess refunded you before some others. Consider yourself lucky.

Well said!  My TA also states others have not seen the refunds from Princess, many are concerned. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Maybe Princess put a halt to cancellations in the system which triggered the refunds due to the various programs re: FCC bonuses that they are offering?  The fact that my cruise disappeared immediately after our TA cancelled it and others didn't kind of supports this idea.  And it would explain why the ancillary purchases didn't get refunded immediately if their system "thinks" the cruise is still active.  

Maybe a combination? My cruise disappeared right away but the agent cancelled it as opposed to Princess cancelling it. Princess cancelled the sailing less than a week later when the pause occurred.

BTW - my agent only discussed the "refund amount I would receive" - not the FCC. I really could care less about that at this point.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3

My cruise (June) was not cancelled by Princess until recently.  However, on March 12 I cancelled several expensive Princess excursions through my Personalizer which immediately dropped from my reservation.  I did not get any email saying such cancellation was being processed and no "credit" appeared on my account.   Nothing at all to say I was owed any money.  These excursions totaled around $1100.00.  A month before when I changed my mind on an excursion, my credit appeared back on my credit card within 48 hours (which is what they advertise on their excursion site).  This time it did not happen.  The timing of my cancellation was, unfortunately, the same day of the mass cancellations. I have called numerous times and in all of my conversations with Princess, the representatives tell me different things.  Three of them said they would send me an email confirmation that a credit is in process and each time - no email received.  Finally, a representative told me it was impossible for them to send me anything which showed the money was owed me.  So the excursions (and my money, apparently) just disappeared.  Since I don't fall into the group of cancelled cruises, you would think my refund would be a quick and simple process - not something that would have to be done individually with much scrutinizing.  37 days...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

Maybe a combination? My cruise disappeared right away but the agent cancelled it as opposed to Princess cancelling it. Princess cancelled the sailing less than a week later when the pause occurred.

BTW - my agent only discussed the "refund amount I would receive" - not the FCC. I really could care less about that at this point.

There goes my theory LOL.  I want to know the whole picture as I want to know that what I am getting back through all sources at least equals what we paid.  If I could reconcile the amount that we got in refund I may not be as concerned.  But in reality we won't be using the FCC until mid-August at the earliest and in the scheme of things I can wait for answers which is what I told our TA.  It's more important at this point for people who need the money to get their refunds.

• Like 1