Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I hope you are aware that this fine print specifically says that the Future Cruise Credits may take up to 30 days.  It does not apply to refunds, only FCCs.  I know that you were looking for a document that said a 30 day refund period, but I don't think this is it.  Hope this helps.

thx Daniel.  

It has been more than 30 days and we have nothing - no FCC, no cruise refund, no excursion refund, and no correspondence from Princess telling us they cannot get anything done in that original timeframe.  

I don’t think it is right that I have to go to cruise critic, Facebook, or the Princess site to learn that the new standard is 60-90 days.  They have dropped the ball on all counts and while I understand they have a mountain of refunds to do under highly unusual circumstances, that is no excuse not to at least send out an email update.

There are ways to handle corporate emergencies - this is not a good one.  They are destroying customer loyalty exactly at a time they need it most.

I am very disappointed in them.

10 hours ago, Carnevale said:

This is it!  Exactly the version of the document I was looking for.  Thanks so much!

I am always taken with how supportive the CC community is.  I posted a request for this document today and within hours I had it.  Likewise, when I ask questions I get the info I need.  I am very grateful for this community and appreciate this and all of the other pieces of info and advice I've received over the years.  Thanks to all of you!

Princess website has a link: news, notification , advisories and the up date information has been posted there. I have my cancelled cruise settled. And I continue to get updates from Princess in emails. Hope you can get through to them and get some results. 

7 hours ago, Carnevale said:

thx Daniel.  

It has been more than 30 days and we have nothing - no FCC, no cruise refund, no excursion refund, and no correspondence from Princess telling us they cannot get anything done in that original timeframe.  

I don’t think it is right that I have to go to cruise critic, Facebook, or the Princess site to learn that the new standard is 60-90 days.  They have dropped the ball on all counts and while I understand they have a mountain of refunds to do under highly unusual circumstances, that is no excuse not to at least send out an email update.

There are ways to handle corporate emergencies - this is not a good one.  They are destroying customer loyalty exactly at a time they need it most.

Many of us are disappointed in Princess.   Princess just cant be trusted at this time with anything they say.   

7 hours ago, Carnevale said:

thx Daniel.  

I understand everyone's frustration surrounding the cancellations and the fallout from them.  If you examine the prior posted document, it said 30 business days which works out to 6 weeks, adding on any non-working holidays. I'm not making excuses for Princess, I'm just looking to make sure people aren't holding some matters against Princess when, in fact, Princess was up front about them.  I don't see the factual basis for the claims that Princess is guilty of some type of malfeasance and isn't trustworthy.  It may turn out that way in the end, but it hasn't really happened yet.  Again I empathize with everyone whose cruises got cancelled, I have experienced cancellations of other matters and I am frustrated with some of those vendors as I get no responses to e-mails requesting information.  Keep in mind that Princess is a victim severely impacted by this pandemic as well as the rest of us.  Try to keep your spirits up.  People getting worked up over this are not doing themselves any favors by adding even more stress to extremely stressful circumstances.

13 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I understand everyone's frustration surrounding the cancellations and the fallout from them.  If you examine the prior posted document, it said 30 business days which works out to 6 weeks, adding on any non-working holidays. I'm not making excuses for Princess, I'm just looking to make sure people aren't holding some matters against Princess when, in fact, Princess was up front about them.  I don't see the factual basis for the claims that Princess is guilty of some type of malfeasance and isn't trustworthy.  It may turn out that way in the end, but it hasn't really happened yet.  Again I empathize with everyone whose cruises got cancelled, I have experienced cancellations of other matters and I am frustrated with some of those vendors as I get no responses to e-mails requesting information.  Keep in mind that Princess is a victim severely impacted by this pandemic as well as the rest of us.  Try to keep your spirits up.  People getting worked up over this are not doing themselves any favors by adding even more stress to extremely stressful circumstances.

Wonderful opinion but the fact is that no one has received a refund since their March 12, 2020 promises after their initial cancellation of cruises.  

Princess is not a victim but they are making victims out of their loyal customers by posting VAGUE timelines and yet taking NO apparent action of any kind regarding refunds.  They seem to have time to wipe clean people's cruise bookings in their cruise personalizers but that is it.  

The more this goes on with them the less chance they will have of keeping an enthusiastic customer base like they had before and will receive a lot of word of mouth negative advertising for free.

Customers who are owed money have a right to be upset and concerned with Princess and do not need schooling about being patient even though everyone has a right to an opinion regarding this matter with Princess.  

Princess needs to be honest, transparent and start refunding canceled booking fares to prove they are not running a con game.

2 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Princess needs to be honest, transparent and start refunding canceled booking fares to prove they are not running a con game.

Red emphasis mine (hope that is okay, Princessluver) - once we start to hear about refunds actually coming to people, I will start to have some confidence in Princess.  Until then, it is just words and false promises.

12 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Wonderful opinion but the fact is that no one has received a refund since their March 12, 2020 promises after their initial cancellation of cruises.  

Princess is not a victim 

You state with certainty that "no one has received a refund since their March 12, 2020 promises ."  What is the source of this 'factual information'?  I would like to read the audit report that you must have to make such a statement.  Your statement that "Princess is not a victim " goes a long way to establishing the reliability of your other statements.  I suspect that no matter what Princess does, you will never accept that Princess wasn't running a 'con game.'

Edited by Daniel A

I have to say Princess has fallen short in refunding money. Considering we were originally told 30 days, very few reported any refund during this time. As someone who has $$$$ tied up with this, I do find it frustrating. They are going to have to quickly start refunding to meet the 60 day mark.

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

I have to say Princess has fallen short in refunding money. Considering we were originally told 30 days, very few reported any refund during this time. As someone who has $$$$ tied up with this, I do find it frustrating. They are going to have to quickly start refunding to meet the 60 day mark.

I know Coral, you were cancelling same time as me. What is going on with them? We have heard from so few re. Refunds since March 6 th.  I am also trying to get my FCD back they included in my FCC refund. Phoned, cut off, emailed Princess, cannot get answer from TA working 1 day a week from home and Princess website won’t let me put a cruise on hold. Note on site says maintenance tonight. 

12 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

You state with certainty that "no one has received a refund since their March 12, 2020 promises ."  What is the source of this 'factual information'?  I would like to read the audit report that you must have to make such a statement.  Your statement that "Princess is not a victim " goes a long way to establishing the reliability of your other statements.  I suspect that no matter what Princess does, you will never accept that Princess wasn't running a 'con game.'

Respectfully show me the proof where Princess is issuing refunds.....obviously you are not owed $$$$ money.....cheerleading for Princess is not going to change the fact that they are not issuing SIMPLE refunds.....it is not rocket science if they are such an incredible business organization as you boost then this should have been a standard routine business transaction for them to deal with.....other travel providers we are dealing with have had no problem issuing refunds......I doubt they are going to be around in the future anyway which is probably the real reason they lack funds for refunds......

13 minutes ago, dog said:

I know Coral, you were cancelling same time as me. What is going on with them? We have heard from so few re. Refunds since March 6 th.  I am also trying to get my FCD back they included in my FCC refund. Phoned, cut off, emailed Princess, cannot get answer from TA working 1 day a week from home and Princess website won’t let me put a cruise on hold. Note on site says maintenance tonight. 

My TA answers the phone every time I call. I really feel sorry for her because she only does cruises and is dealing with every line and every cancellation. She doesn't have any answers either as she struggles to try to help her clients.

I got my hopes up when 1 person got their refund earlier this week. Though with the amount of people on this board, there should be more than 1 person.

I did get a refund from Allianz (travel insurance). 

I am not putting a hold on any cruise (regardless of line) until this is over. I do have one cruise previously held and probably won't go on that cruise as it is in December. Though I may be in a different mind set if I asked for FCC and wanted to lock in prices.

Edited by Coral

DanielA, you seem to repeatedly defend Princess, which is fine.  But you do so with nothing but playing devil's advocate or using CCL's press releases as if virtually every corporation didn't have a history of outright lying if not spinning things perennially in their favor regardless of what the actual fact pattern may show.  It is VERY OBVIOUS that they are screwing around with the refunds.  If you choose not to believe that, then fine.  But there is nothing you could say, unless you have some whopper of inside information that would make anyone like me understand your position, regardless of whether you have a refund coming or not.

PrincessLuver, while I usually agree with most everything you say, including many aspects of this refund situation, I'm not sure why you keep saying that they will be insolvent or that they don't have the money or things to that affect.  I'm not exactly sure what you really feel when you say that but they do have about a year's worth of solvency according to their own public statements.  Which makes it all the more infuriating that refunds didn't start in mass at least starting in early April.

Since they have plenty of money now, at least for the near term, I just don't understand what the hell they're thinking by throwing away so much goodwill.  It's gotten to the point that I would be willing to give up my ~$6K in refunds just to understand CCL's corporate thinking here.  I would understand if they had less than a quarter before insolvency and they were just stalling everyone while desperately scurrying for financing.  That's what I assumed in mid March all the way to the point of writing off the refund in my mind and almost didn't care.  However, when they closed their $6 billion+ bond financing on 4/1, my expectations changed immediately only to be completely disappointed with Princess.  To be clear, it doesn't bother me that 'I' have not gotten it back, it bothers me that virtually no one seems to have.

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

Respectfully show me the proof where Princess is issuing refunds.....obviously you are not owed $$$$ money.....cheerleading for Princess is not going to change the fact that they are not issuing SIMPLE refunds.....it is not rocket science if they are such an incredible business organization as you boost then this should have been a standard routine business transaction for them to deal with.....other travel providers we are dealing with have had no problem issuing refunds......I doubt they are going to be around in the future anyway which is probably the real reason they lack funds for refunds......

I have already received my refund and my wildly incorrect FCC. 
Just because a sampling of Princess customers on CC haven’t received a refund doesn’t mean that no one is receiving them. My cruise was for mid May and was cancelled the same time as everyone else’s and I received my refund last week. 

I completely agree that Princess has not handled this well and has lost a lot of face in all of this. Those of you that are Princess loyalist and been on 50x more cruises than I have seem to be hurt the most and I get that. I do think that Princess should be more transparent about what is happening behind the scenes if they want to make everyone feel better about what is happening. 

Edited by dearinger

Everyone is very frustrated for sure!  I just hope for the day this is all just a bad memory!

Yesterday I spoke to a Princess Representative about a question I had.  We had a conversation about the mess that

this all is.  She mentioned the credit card company's are also so slammed with everything including refunds coming 

back to people from various cancellation that it is taking them extra long also to even list someone's refund back to them from Princess.  Hadn't thought about that operation being gummed up as well. 

I'm not getting a refund for my May 4 cancelled cruise, but only a Future Cruise Credit, and my EZ air and Government Fees held in a "holding account" for future as far as I understand it from her.  She spoke to a Supervisor about it during our call so felt like it was somewhat reliable.  

I have a better idea what my FCC should list as anyway! 

5 minutes ago, dearinger said:

Just because a sampling of Princess customers on CC haven’t received a refund doesn’t mean that no one is receiving them. My cruise was for mid May and was cancelled the same time as everyone else’s and I received my refund last week. 

But there are tons of members here are you are apparently one of a very few that received it.  Maybe the only one from the mass cancellation group as most of the others that have received seem to have had pre-suspension cancellations.  The fact that you got a refund for a May sailing just bothers me more because CCL seems to have claimed many times that the refunds are processed in order of sail date and virtually all of the refunds would have been issued by now from the 60 day cancellation in March if you received your's and if what Princess states was true.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Actually you (and I) cancelled originally after the March 5th email was released with the temporary cancellation policy which indicated 10 days - here's the language:

"Please note that Future Cruise Credits will automatically be applied to each guest's Captain's Circle account after they have cancelled. The Future Cruise Credit will not be available instantly and may take up to 10 business days to be processed. Guests with Princess Vacation Protection should file a claim via www.aontravelclaim.com in the first instance. "

Then came the pause with the change to 30 days which quickly morphed to 60 days.  I think the only difference is that I received a partial refund immediately and you didn't which still is odd since you cancelled before I did.  But you have answers about how much will be ultimately paid or credited to you whereas I have no clue as to how they came up with what they paid me or how much I will receive in FCC.  And so we wait.

24 minutes ago, dearinger said:

I completely agree that Princess has not handled this well and has lost a lot of face in all of this. Those of you that are Princess loyalist and been on 50x more cruises than I have seem to be hurt the most and I get that. I do think that Princess should be more transparent about what is happening behind the scenes if they want to make everyone feel better about what is happening. 

Yup, people on CC tend to think that this forum represents the entire cruise population.  In reality, there are probably only a couple of hundred people who regularly post here.

9 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Actually you (and I) cancelled originally after the March 5th email was released with the temporary cancellation policy which indicated 10 days - here's the language:

"Please note that Future Cruise Credits will automatically be applied to each guest's Captain's Circle account after they have cancelled. The Future Cruise Credit will not be available instantly and may take up to 10 business days to be processed. Guests with Princess Vacation Protection should file a claim via www.aontravelclaim.com in the first instance. "

Please see above.  FCC - not refund in 10 days. 

Edited by Daniel A
8 minutes ago, travelhound said:

Yup, people on CC tend to think that this forum represents the entire cruise population.  In reality, there are probably only a couple of hundred people who regularly post here.

Any sample usually will likely represent a decent proxy for the wider population of likeminded folks (cruisers in this case).  But specifically on point, there have been dozens of people, if not hundreds, declaring in one form or another that they are waiting (and have been for a while) on a refund.  That compared to a handful who have received refunds and virtually none from the mass cancellation group.  That is probably the best data we publicly have on this and there is a sufficient sample size there to draw some damning conclusions.

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Look at my response please.  I did not imply that the refund was due in 10 days.

Sorry if I was wrong.  Since you were replying to Coral's post about refunds, It appeared to me that you were referencing refunds.  Apparently my mistake for reading it that way.

8 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Then came the pause with the change to 30 days which quickly morphed to 60 days.  I think the only difference is that I received a partial refund immediately and you didn't which still is odd since you cancelled before I did.  But you have answers about how much will be ultimately paid or credited to you whereas I have no clue as to how they came up with what they paid me or how much I will receive in FCC.  And so we wait.

I told my TA to cancel first thing on the 6th. I don't think things got cancelled until early afternoon as she couldn't get through to Princess and wanted to do it over the phone. I know I went into 100% penalty on the 7th of March (26 day cruise booked as 1 cruise but could also be booked as B2B). I probably would have waited it out longer as most of my fellow cruisers were in 50% penalty for awhile when I was going into 100%. I will remember in the future to book this as B2B next time. It was just crazy as things were getting worse where I was going and I couldn't trust Princess would do the right thing and cancel the voyage. A lot of lessons learned on this.

I will just feel better when my money is refunded.

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Sorry if I was wrong.  Since you were replying to Coral's post about refunds, It appeared to me that you were referencing refunds.  Apparently my mistake for reading it that way.

And maybe I could have worded it better.  They actually DID send me a partial refund right away but I still don't know anything about FCCs, so to me the latter has been my focus.

Edited by azbirdmom