Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

12 minutes ago, Coral said:

Thanks for the report. Hopefully we hear more of them soon.

Just to follow up - This was a cruise that Princess cancelled on 3/12.  It is still showing up in my history as completed, which I expect will get reversed during the reconciliation process.  I haven't received my credit card refunds for excursions, etc yet. But I have a complete list, and the printouts of the statements, so I can track everything.

The 225% calculation was right on the money - 1/2 in my account and 1/2 in my husband's account.  

I had used a FCD for this sailing, not sure if that will come back.  

But what a relief to see that today! 

Carol coupon.  My FCD was included in my FCC, even though it was valid until March 2021. They said they would not reinstate it. And this may have changed but I did get credit card refund for other things. Tax, excursions. Etc

2 minutes ago, dog said:

Carol coupon.  My FCD was included in my FCC, even though it was valid until March 2021. They said they would not reinstate it. And this may have changed but I did get credit card refund for other things. Tax, excursions. Etc

That was what I figured about FCD, and I would not protest it at all.  Would easily use the OBC that would come with the FCD,  but I can't complain.  

I spoke to a TA friend (not my TA for this sailing, because I was using another party to book it) just to fill her in on this news for her business purposes.  I asked how she was holding up and how people were handling their cancelled bookings. She said people were going crazy, and it was across all the cruise lines - not isolated to Princess.  She said she's heard a lot of conspiracy theories.  I told her my stress relief was to shut out the bad noise, and plan a REALLY NICE replacement cruise with the funds.  Actually 2!  She said her mom would use this quote: Happiness is pretty simple: someone to love, something to do, something to look forward to.  She said we all basically have someone to love and something to do now.  It's hard to have something to look forward to in these uncertain times.  

43 minutes ago, CarolCoupon said:

I just got my FCC in my Captain's Circle account, cruise was 3/14/20.  Selected option 1.

I was happiliy surprised!  I will be putting that to good use in 2021, god willing!

Congratulations!  Did you get anything refunded like port fees or was the entire amount you were owed converted to FCC?  And did they contact you via phone or email to tell you that it had been processed or did you just happen to find it?

20 minutes ago, CarolCoupon said:

Just to follow up - This was a cruise that Princess cancelled on 3/12.  It is still showing up in my history as completed, which I expect will get reversed during the reconciliation process.  I haven't received my credit card refunds for excursions, etc yet. But I have a complete list, and the printouts of the statements, so I can track everything.

The 225% calculation was right on the money - 1/2 in my account and 1/2 in my husband's account.  

Something is happening to my Princess account which I have been checking from time to time. It used to say $0.00 in Future Cruise Deposits (as it said my last one was applied to the cancelled booking) and $0.00 in Cruise Credits.

NOW that page is blank...nothing to click to show anything so to me that means someone is working on it.

My cruise was April 19, 2020, cancelled on Mar 12 with Option 2. Nothing in bank account credit card as of yet but i'm hopeful given CarolCoupon post.

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Congratulations!  Did you get anything refunded like port fees or was the entire amount you were owed converted to FCC?  And did they contact you via phone or email to tell you that it had been processed or did you just happen to find it?

No communication, just spotted it on my daily (or ten times daily, to be honest) check in on the site.  No port fees, excursions, drink package refunds yet.  I'll post again in when those come in to help provide a timeline.

29 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

My Chase account is a personal one.  I am able to dispute ANY transaction from at least February forward on either my phone or computer.  I may be able to dispute even earlier charges but did not try.  You just need to open up the individual charges for your credit card and when you find the one you want to dispute, click / tap on it to open the details on that charge, then scroll until you find the dispute language.  Click on that and fill out the details.

Interesting.  Mine is a business account and it allows me to dispute charges from January (not sure how far back as January is when I opened the account).  I still could dispute most all of the Princess charges but I'm letting the issue play out for now.  Hopefully, I don't cross some deadline date for disputing in the meantime.

One of my cruises that was canceled was in early April and I chose option 2. I thought maybe they should be getting close but haven't seen any refund or FCCs posted as of yet.  

So, I just asked my TA if she was hearing of any of her clients getting their compensation.  She told me that some people were getting the FCCs ... she can look into the system and see it, we cannot.  Now, why would they do that??  Mine was not yet applied, though.  Also, she told me that she hasn't heard about anyone getting their actual refunds yet.  I know we are all a little hyper-focused, as we all have the time.  

She did promise to follow up.  

I will wait the 60 days but, after that, if I don't see anything, I will probably file a dispute with my credit card for my May sailings that has also been canceled.  

1 minute ago, CarolCoupon said:

No communication, just spotted it on my daily (or ten times daily, to be honest) check in on the site.  No port fees, excursions, drink package refunds yet.  I'll post again in when those come in to help provide a timeline.

You will check your credit card for cash refund  do not be surprised to see FCC disappear and reappear. Happened to me a couple of times. My TA got the email after all was refunded

2 minutes ago, dog said:

You will check your credit card for cash refund  do not be surprised to see FCC disappear and reappear. Happened to me a couple of times. My TA got the email after all was refunded

Cool, no rush on my part.  My rescheduled cruises aren't until March and August next year.  My TA friend said I may not want to apply the FCC right away, because if I need to change the new bookings for some reason, it could be a pain to get back (n her experience). I've appreciated your balance on this issue while keep up with this thread, dog.  Thank you

1 hour ago, CarolCoupon said:

Just got FCC to our accounts also for cruise cancelled by Princess on March 12. The amount does not equal 225% I presume more to come back on gift and credit cards. Just glad to see progress.

8 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Just got FCC to our accounts also for cruise cancelled by Princess on March 12. The amount does not equal 225% I presume more to come back on gift and credit cards. Just glad to see progress.

When was the cruise?

11 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Half was my account, half in my husband's -I have his login ;).  Total between the two was right on.

Just now, CarolCoupon said:

Half was my account, half in my husband's -I have his login ;).  Total between the two was right on.

Same here but the total does not add up to 225% of booking total. hopeful I will be getting an email through my TA explaining the math. Did you pay your total on a credit/debit card?

2 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Same here but the total does not add up to 225% of booking total. hopeful I will be getting an email through my TA explaining the math. Did you pay your total on a credit/debit card?

Paid through credit card and part with timeshare points which had been converted to dollars by that point. Refund did not include port taxes, fees- just fare.  Matched up with cruise invoice.

5 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Bear in mind the 225% is of the FARE, not the booking total.  Taxes, fees, transfers, excursions, EZAir are not considered fare.  They will either be refunded in cash or as recently happened, retained in the new ‘holding account’.  See post # 673 for what funds are FCC vs holding account when choosing Option 1.

On 4/18/2020 at 12:06 PM, Coral said:

My travel agent does a huge amount of Princess business (very high top producer, probably one of the top in the country). I spoke with her about refunds and it sounded like her clients are waiting just like myself. So if you think CC isn't a good indicator, I think my agent probably would know if refunds were starting to get refunded with her clients. Maybe a few have but she is constantly getting calls from her clients and I got the impression that I am in the majority.

I am happy for you that you did receive yours. I hope more start reporting. It is odd that Princess says it will be in the order of the cruise date and by when people responded and your cruise is for mid-May. There are a ton of people with March and April cruises who have not received anything yet. It is weird Princess refunded you before some others. Consider yourself lucky.

Hi Carol,

So I periodically pop in here to see how the refund process has made progress...

The agent (Loyalty Travel that handles the bank's reward program) said they have not received much refunds from Princess, nor Princess has told them how the sequence they process the refunds.  She suggested me to call Princess to at least make sure the form submitted and the option choice is attached to the cancelled booking.

I just called Princess, and thankfully did not have to wait too long to get a human after 3 rounds of robot messages.  What I was told, it is 60 days from the date I submitted the form, and if after 60 days not seeing the refund then call back.  Only until then they will investigate.  Neither FC deposit nor the 25% FCC is processed yet.  The Princess agent said these would be processed the same time together with the money refund.

That also means even if I want to book a future cruise in Spring of 2021 I would have to book it with the regular deposit payment, and give Princess more my money, or more aptly, LOAN Princess more money far far in advance of the actual service.  I dont think so!

Given your cruise was in mid April and IIRC you submitted the option form on the same date we did,  I believe you and we would have to wait at least another month before we could see our own money.

Frankly Had I booked the cruise with my credit card, I would file dispute by now and be done with it, 

Edited by nho9504
add last paragraph.
32 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Bear in mind the 225% is of the FARE, not the booking total.  Taxes, fees, transfers, excursions, EZAir are not considered fare.  They will either be refunded in cash or as recently happened, retained in the new ‘holding account’.  See post # 673 for what funds are FCC vs holding account when choosing Option 1.

Thanks, I did that, but if based just on  the cruise fare, it is over 225%. However, the cruise line computes that differently than the TA.  That may be the difference. At this point I just don't care what just glad it is processed.

Edited by Musky Ike
11 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Thanks, I did that, but if based just on  the cruise fare, it is over 225%. However, the cruise line computes that differently than the TA.  That may be the difference. At this point I just don't care what just glad it is processed.

Your TA may only count the commissionable portion which exclude the port charges.  Princess bundles the port charges into the fare, and only add the taxes and fee as extra, as how we the passengers would see it.  Agents see more details.  My cruise agent used to send me the detail breakdown showing her commissionable portion which is always less than what is shown on Princess Guest Copy.  Hers noncommissionavble portion of course is larger than the taxes shown on Princess' Guest Copy as well.  The difference is the port taxes.

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

Happy for you! What a relief to see some movement. 

To others:  FCC cannot be used for flights, deposit etc. See your circle account 

Edited by dog

That also means even if I want to book a future cruise in Spring of 2021 I would have to book it with the regular deposit payment, and give Princess more my money, or more aptly, LOAN Princess more money far far in advance of the actual service.  I dont think so!

Read the FCC fine print to see if you can use it to cover taxes, fees, and port fees.  If not, then the Spring of 2021 cruise that you're eyeing will require you to pay for these taxes, fees and port fees out of pocket.  If that amount equals or exceeds your Spring of 2021 deposit, then, it's a wash and you shouldn't hesitate to book so you lock down your desired cabin.  (I.e. Cruise costs $2,000 + $300 port fees per person with a $300 per person deposit.  FCC will only cover $4,000 total when you have to pay it in early 2021 (and long after the 60 day processing time) and your out of pocket deposit $600 payed now can be applied to your port fees, which you would have to pay out of pocket anyway.)

Edited by annandme

Happy to see that people are starting to see refunds/FCC. This makes me hopeful that mine should be coming soon, given that my sailing date was one of the first batch. Then I can get on and book my next cruise!

2 hours ago, nho9504 said:

I just called Princess, and thankfully did not have to wait too long to get a human after 3 rounds of robot messages.  What I was told, it is 60 days from the date I submitted the form, and if after 60 days not seeing the refund then call back.  Only until then they will investigate.  Neither FC deposit nor the 25% FCC is processed yet.  The Princess agent said these would be processed the same time together with the money refund.

I am only 2 weeks from 60 days from cancellation date (before form came out). Hopefully it comes in 2 weeks. 3 weeks from filling out form. Hopefully soon. I would like to hear from those who are seeing money (not FCC) refunded.

Theresa