Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

21 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Has anyone who selected Option 2 seen their FCCs posted yet?  It seems like everyone who has posted about receiving FCCs selected Option 1.  Someone on FB indicated that she just got FCCs for a May 9th cruise so I'm wondering if they are done with those.  And it will be interesting to see if the same folks see the refunds appear in a couple days.

They aren't done with option 1 yet - I chose option 1 for my March 14th sailing and so far no FCC and non refundable amounts back. I am giving them until Friday, which will mark day 45 since I submitted the form. If nothing by then, I plan on calling. I would be happy to wait 60 days if they hadn't stated that they were going by sailing date and now people with dates way later than mine are being reimbursed.  I DID get my full refund from Carnival for my Carnival cruise on March 21st yesterday - the refund was dated March 28th and didn't show at the top of my statement. I knew it had come through as my balance due had dropped, so went through to look. Nothing from Princess.

22 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Has anyone who selected Option 2 seen their FCCs posted yet?  It seems like everyone who has posted about receiving FCCs selected Option 1.  Someone on FB indicated that she just got FCCs for a May 9th cruise so I'm wondering if they are done with those.  And it will be interesting to see if the same folks see the refunds appear in a couple days.

We selected option 2, and we received our FCC yesterday late. If you scroll up, you will see that a few others have reported the same.  But no refund to my cc yet (just checked).  Ours was a March 22 sailing, cancelled by Princess on 3/12.  

1 hour ago, Lyndonn said:

It was my understanding that the 60 day refund clock started when Princess ceased operations on March 11th.   I cancelled on Feb 28th, a cruise scheduled to depart on Apr 14th and I was refunded back to my credit card everything except the non-refundable penalty amount...which I filed a claim with AON insurance.  Then Princess cancelled all cruises through mid May, so I filed for Princess Option 2 refund plan and AON closed my claim.  The 60 day refund clock may begin on March 20th for me when I selected the Option Plan 2 or it could be March 11th when Princess ceased operations.  To be honest, I'm not sure anymore? 

What are your thoughts?

Good luck to everyone.  

According to Princess' web site:  "it may take up to 60 days from the date we receive your choice for a refund or Future Cruise Credit. "

54 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

They aren't done with option 1 yet - I chose option 1 for my March 14th sailing and so far no FCC and non refundable amounts back. I am giving them until Friday, which will mark day 45 since I submitted the form. If nothing by then, I plan on calling. I would be happy to wait 60 days if they hadn't stated that they were going by sailing date and now people with dates way later than mine are being reimbursed. 

Nothing has said they are doing only Option 1 first.

24 minutes ago, tntornadox said:

Yes. I can't speak to the port taxes and fees. I paid with a Princess gift card and am trying to hunt down the number to check the balance.

My cruise was canceled on March 4 for a March 7 sailing and nothing to my Princess gift card.  I was first told it would go back to card and then told that they would send me another card.  I have even read that in the past, people were sent checks.  I check my gift card often, but nothing so far.

Just now, joe d said:

Nice to see that there is finally some action on this, but it would be nice to see some money refunded.

I think there's been action on this for a while though it appears to have picked up traction lately.  I got mine the first few days of April and there were others that seem to get it during March, though those may have been pre-mass suspension cancellations.

We were booked on the March 21, 2020 sailing of Royal Princess.  We selected Option 2 and just received our FCC in our accounts yesterday.  No sign of $$ yet, but I remain optimistic.  At least there is some movement.  Keep the faith!!!

55 minutes ago, Coral said:

Nothing has said they are doing only Option 1 first.

No, I don't believe they are either. I was clarifying for someone else that had wondered if they were maybe done with processing option 1 folks and moving on too option 2. I was option 1 and nada....

20 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

No, I don't believe they are either. I was clarifying for someone else that had wondered if they were maybe done with processing option 1 folks and moving on too option 2. I was option 1 and nada....

Got it 🙂 

1 hour ago, mbglib said:

My cruise was canceled on March 4 for a March 7 sailing and nothing to my Princess gift card.  I was first told it would go back to card and then told that they would send me another card.  I have even read that in the past, people were sent checks.  I check my gift card often, but nothing so far.

I am waiting on a partial refund to a gift card (for leftover monies that had been converted to onboard credit).  I initially cancelled shore excursions and prepaid gratuities that had been paid with gift cards on my own prior to Princess cancelling the cruise.  Those monies were refunded immediately.  And after the cruise was cancelled, I called Princess about the onboard credit going back on my gift card.  I have been given varying stories, the latest of which is that since the cruise was cancelled, that money will now be refunded with the money for the cruise itself (we selected option 2).  I have not been refunded for the cruise itself yet, but when I do receive that, I will make sure I got the refund for the purchased OBC too.

Our cruise was May 4.

We chose Option 1.

Our FCC was put in sometime in the last couple hours!  AND it is right.   YAY!!!!!  

Our EZ air and Government Fees are suppose to be a holding account attached to the Booking # as

there is nothing about that under the FCC.  

Hope they send out something that tells that, but a Princess Representative assures me she wrote it all

in our cancelled booking and new booking on September 25, which I still have hope may go.

Hope you all see something soon! 

4 minutes ago, ROWSE said:

Our cruise was May 4.

We chose Option 1.

Our FCC was put in sometime in the last couple hours!  AND it is right.   YAY!!!!!  

Our EZ air and Government Fees are suppose to be a holding account attached to the Booking # as

there is nothing about that under the FCC.  

So I was on the cruise before yours (April 19) and your sailing. I chose option 2. I don't have anything yet in my account. Hopefully by the end of the week!

Congrats!

Edited by Coral
4 minutes ago, Coral said:

So I was on the cruise before yours (April 19) and your sailing. I chose option 2. I don't have anything yet in my account. Hopefully by the end of the week!

Congrats!

My fingers are crossed for you!  It was wonderful to see something on that Circle Savings Account area on the Personalizer when I went to check instead of nothing!!!!   

Your stuff is pretty complicated so I bet they are making extra sure they get it right. 😃

1 minute ago, ROWSE said:

My fingers are crossed for you!  It was wonderful to see something on that Circle Savings Account area on the Personalizer when I went to check instead of nothing!!!!   

Your stuff is pretty complicated so I bet they are making extra sure they get it right. 😃

My agent called a few weeks ago to make sure my amount was correct and they had the right amount for a refund. Just glad to hear those on my sailings are seeing movement!!!!! Hope your September cruise is a go!

1 hour ago, jat1977 said:

I am waiting on a partial refund to a gift card (for leftover monies that had been converted to onboard credit).  I initially cancelled shore excursions and prepaid gratuities that had been paid with gift cards on my own prior to Princess cancelling the cruise.  Those monies were refunded immediately.  And after the cruise was cancelled, I called Princess about the onboard credit going back on my gift card.  I have been given varying stories, the latest of which is that since the cruise was cancelled, that money will now be refunded with the money for the cruise itself (we selected option 2).  I have not been refunded for the cruise itself yet, but when I do receive that, I will make sure I got the refund for the purchased OBC too.

Did the amounts for the shore excursions and prepaid gratuities come back to the original gift card or did you receive a new one?  My cruise was cancelled before the option 1 and option 2 selections were offered and I received the refund within a day to my credit card for the part paid with that credit card and to another credit card for the other items (prepaids) I had used to pay for the other items, but I haven't received the rest of the refund (for the base cruise fare) that was on the gift card.  I also had a FCD that came back to my account, but then it expired a few days later.  I was told it will be refunded to the credit card that I used to buy it two years ago, but I have not received that yet.  Those are the only two amounts ($500 gift card and $200 fcd) that I am still owed.  I do feel fortunate to have received that much back, but I really hate to be out $700 too!  I am still hopeful I will receive it though.  I will probably never use gift cards on cruises again.  The small amount of savings is not really worth it to me. I am currently holding a $1000 Carnival gift card that I may or may not ever use.

6 minutes ago, mbglib said:

Did the amounts for the shore excursions and prepaid gratuities come back to the original gift card or did you receive a new one? ... I will probably never use gift cards on cruises again.  The small amount of savings is not really worth it to me. I am currently holding a $1000 Carnival gift card that I may or may not ever use.

Yes, the monies for the shore excursions and gratuities went back on the original gift card.  

Like you, we have over $1000 in gift cards at least partially tied up.  I've gotten just over $800 of it back, and I really hope we can use it in the future at some point.  But my first thought when all this started was that I wished I hadn't put all that money on gift cards because if Princess goes under, that money is gone with the wind. 

April 11 cruise cancelled by Princess on March 12.

We selected Option 1.

Just this afternoon (nothing showing this morning) the full amount matching 150% FCC deposited into our accounts. 1/2 in mine, 1/2 in wife's. Exactly correct to the dollar.

Our deposit ($200) was paid with FCDs. That $200 was refunded as a part of the larger total FCC received.

The FCCs were applied as two separate line items. One line item was the cruise fare. The other was the 50% bonus. 

Nothing yet applied to the original credit card ($260) to pay port fees and taxes. 

6 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

April 11 cruise cancelled by Princess on March 12.

We selected Option 1.

Just this afternoon (nothing showing this morning) the full amount matching 150% FCC deposited into our accounts. 1/2 in mine, 1/2 in wife's. Exactly correct to the dollar.

Our deposit ($200) was paid with FCDs. That $200 was refunded as a part of the larger total FCC received.

The FCCs were applied as two separate line items. One line item was the cruise fare. The other was the 50% bonus. 

Nothing yet applied to the original credit card ($260) to pay port fees and taxes. 

cancelled by Princess … yet, your FCD was not put back into your account as a FCD, but in the combined FCC

so, the next cruise you book, you'll have to use 'another' previously purchased FCD, or come out of pocket for the deposit

shame on you, Princess

According to Princess' web site:  "it may take up to 60 days from the date we receive your choice for a refund or Future Cruise Credit. "

It sure did not take them 60 days to collect my $ when I booked the cruise originally.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
24 minutes ago, voljeep said:

cancelled by Princess … yet, your FCD was not put back into your account as a FCD, but in the combined FCC

so, the next cruise you book, you'll have to use 'another' previously purchased FCD, or come out of pocket for the deposit

shame on you, Princess

Absolutely correct. Fortunately we keep multiple FDCs available. Because of this process, we are each now down to our very last FCD. Hope it won't be needed but if so, it's there. Now, if we need a second one??? Who knows.

Just got off a 1:43 call with Princess so have to modify my earlier post a bit. I stated, "Nothing yet applied to the original credit card ($260) to pay port fees and taxes". This is incorrect. 

The agent confirmed for me what others have posted. Princess has indeed created a "holding account" for each pax into which paid port fees and taxes are placed so as to be available to apply to upcoming cruises. She advised that these holding accounts are NOT available for we passengers to view in our Cruise Personalizers or anywhere else.

They are filed in the Princess system by pax last name. She asked for mine then searched the holding account information. She did not find my name which indicated to her that my account has not yet been created. Not surprising in that the FCCs were just issued today.  She said these accounts are created within 5 business days of the FCC being issued so I'll check back next week to see if my $260 is there. 

I also asked about the protocol about dealing with FCDs. As I'd already made final payment on this cruise, the FDC was combined with the FCC that was returned to me. Not altogether unreasonable, I suppose though I'd prefer to have it back as an FDC.  Princess cancelled two of our June cruises for which final payment had NOT yet been made. She said she expects the FDCs for these two cruises will be put back into our account as FDC. The key thing seems to be whether or not final payment has been made. She was careful to emphasize this is how she THINKS it will happen but said she could not guarantee it. Wise woman.