Jump to content

Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, tonit964 said:

I think it's the same thing. 

Following is transcript of an online chat about a refund of EzAir when I booked a cheaper flight. This was in January and I found out then that Princess didn't automatically issue refunds unless it was requested by either the person or the TA. This might give perspective into timing of process and refunds.

 

"Refunds typically take less than one week to process. After the refund is processed, the credit takes 10 to 15 business days to appear on the passenger's credit card. However, if you're booked through a travel agent, you'll need to double check the refunds with them."
   
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Coral said:

I cancelled before the first pause and I never got an email.

 

Check with TA - she had mine but hadn't sent it to me earlier because it raised more question than it answered.  It was dated back to March 10th - the date we cancelled our May 9th cruise.  And it had a lot of cancellation fees which will be wiped out when they do their reprocessing of option 2 folks who cancelled on their own.  Have her check her email from Princess on the date your cancelled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coral said:

I cancelled before the first pause and I never got an email.

I never got anything as a customer, either. This came out to TAs but was yet another example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. Not only did it not make sense, but the form it was asking us to submit to encourage clients to take FCC rather than refunds was ACTUALLY a form to forfeit an FCC and request a refund! Unbelievable!

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

 

Check with TA - she had mine but hadn't sent it to me earlier because it raised more question than it answered.  It was dated back to March 10th - the date we cancelled our May 9th cruise.  And it had a lot of cancellation fees which will be wiped out when they do their reprocessing of option 2 folks who cancelled on their own.  Have her check her email from Princess on the date your cancelled. 

I was referring to Celiah1's email that she mentioned was revealed to TA's last week.

 

I did get the email with cancellation fees from our TA after I asked for it. This was sent right after I cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billco said:

Following is transcript of an online chat about a refund of EzAir when I booked a cheaper flight. This was in January and I found out then that Princess didn't automatically issue refunds unless it was requested by either the person or the TA. This might give perspective into timing of process and refunds.

 

 
   

I had two refunds on EZ Air and had to have TA ask for refunds both times in January/February time frame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Boristhecat said:

Hi we had a cruise booked departing Sydney on March 21st.

FCC received May 7th.

Cancellation notice from Princess 12th May.

Refund on credit card May 18th.

 

 

 

Thank you for clear concise summary of your refund process . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boristhecat said:

Hi we had a cruise booked departing Sydney on March 21st.

FCC received May 7th.

Cancellation notice from Princess 12th May.

Refund on credit card May 18th.

 

 

 

Thanks for that info- good news.

 We were due to leave the same day on the Sun for 15 days to PNG. Was that your cruise too and did you book direct through Princess or through a TA ? We have received FCC due but no refund yet. Booked through a TA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tonit964 said:

I will be sure to report back if I actually receive it or not, at this point I see no reason for it not to post. 

I think I will wait upto the weekend.  Let's see if I get something by then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, FiftyOnePlus said:


To be fair....you still havent seen it.
FCC in your personaliser is just a number in a computer.  Its not a refund.
You can use it to book a cruise with next year, and they could cancel that cruise......its just a way of stalling actual cash refunds.

You have not received a refund.

 I'm sorry but I don't understand your reply!!

 

I chose option #1 when Princess cancelled our cruise and I have received 225% of the base cruise fare, which is what I was expecting.

I did not ask for a cash refund.

My TA confirmed today that I can use the future cruise credit that is attached to my Captains Circle account on a future cruise after I have paid a deposit (as Princess has stated several times that the FCC cannot be used as your deposit- and I am fine with that).

If the FCC value that I have on my Captain Circle account is "just a number in a computer" then the future cruise deposit that I also have showing in my account must also be "just a number" and I know that is not true as I have had FCD attached to several of my previous bookings.

We are looking forward to booking more cruises with both Princess and HAL and will be using our FCC on those bookings.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bazshirl2 said:

Thanks for that info- good news.

 We were due to leave the same day on the Sun for 15 days to PNG. Was that your cruise too and did you book direct through Princess or through a TA ? We have received FCC due but no refund yet. Booked through a TA.

We were due to board the Ruby Princess to Fiji.

We booked direct with Princess. I also lodged a dispute via my credit card provider on 21st April.  Not sure if that action hurried the process along.

You might be able to check with your TA if they have received the cancellation notice email from Princess.  It seems that once this has been generated, your refund is processed shortly thereafter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an email from Princess -  We want to make it up to you.  We know you are disappointed that your Alaska cruise was cancelled but rebook today for 2021 and you will receive $300 OBC. 

 

No thanks Princess.  No new booking from us, until you refund the deposit for my cancelled Alaskan Cruise....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JJG99 said:

 I'm sorry but I don't understand your reply!!

 

I chose option #1 when Princess cancelled our cruise and I have received 225% of the base cruise fare, which is what I was expecting.

I did not ask for a cash refund.

My TA confirmed today that I can use the future cruise credit that is attached to my Captains Circle account on a future cruise after I have paid a deposit (as Princess has stated several times that the FCC cannot be used as your deposit- and I am fine with that).

If the FCC value that I have on my Captain Circle account is "just a number in a computer" then the future cruise deposit that I also have showing in my account must also be "just a number" and I know that is not true as I have had FCD attached to several of my previous bookings.

We are looking forward to booking more cruises with both Princess and HAL and will be using our FCC on those bookings.

 

 

You got your refund in the form of a FCC

 

some on here are stressed out about not getting their cash refund for Option 2. 
congrats, happy for you!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darknightsdespiser said:

I cancelled our 13 June cruise on 18 March and have heard nothing; part of me wants to hold off hoping there will be a FCC bribe but would it now (at 66 days) be best to contact the credit card?


call TA or Princess first ask for status of your refund

you are only one who can decide if cc dispute is next step, 

but find out what your credit card terms are : you did not receive cruise you paid for. Princess cancelled. Have all receipts, cancellation, emails etc to support your dispute. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally a small step forward. We had back to back cruises on April 18 and 25. I cancelled on March 11 and then again on March 12. I just received a cancellation notice and had our FCD's returned to our account on the first cruise. I was hoping they would have included the FCD's in our refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dog said:


call TA or Princess first ask for status of your refund

you are only one who can decide if cc dispute is next step, 

but find out what your credit card terms are : you did not receive cruise you paid for. Princess cancelled. Have all receipts, cancellation, emails etc to support your dispute. 

Thanks dog; tried calling them last week, hour in a queue and got through to someone in America who had no idea how far along they are

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

Thanks dog; tried calling them last week, hour in a queue and got through to someone in America who had no idea how far along they are

Keep proof, dates, times you tried. In case you dispute 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I emailed them and also called them. They have asked me to be patient. At their request, will call them around the end of May. Maybe I will have received my refund by that time which will be more than 60 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:


Thanks, npcl. I spoke with the disputes Department for Chase today, and they said that they have a record of the dispute that I filed two weeks ago, but that they had not gotten to it yet to process it. I guess Chase is so back logged, that I’m only somewhere in line to have it processed. Kudos to those who jumped on the dispute path earlier. 

I filed a dispute with Chase online on May 1. Today I received a notice that it has been resolved in my favor. I have not yet disputed the charges, such as the deposit, that were too old to dispute online. I was hoping to avoid a phone call and thought a dispute might prompt Princess to look at the entire account. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been following this thread off and on; I received my refund yesterday (5/18) for a cruise that was scheduled to sail on April 3.

 

I had requested the refund on March 15 after Princess cancelled the cruise, and when I called to check on the status a few days ago was told the refund had been processed on April 15. 

 

Just passing this along as an FYI; it is an very long time to wait for a refund and raises concerns about the financial stability of the company, so I can certainly understand why someone would file a dispute with their credit card company - I was preparing to do so. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LAnn said:

I've been following this thread off and on; I received my refund yesterday (5/18) for a cruise that was scheduled to sail on April 3.

 

I had requested the refund on March 15 after Princess cancelled the cruise, and when I called to check on the status a few days ago was told the refund had been processed on April 15. 

 

Just passing this along as an FYI; it is an very long time to wait for a refund and raises concerns about the financial stability of the company, so I can certainly understand why someone would file a dispute with their credit card company - I was preparing to do so. 

 

 

 

If they really processed it on April 15th, then they must have staggered the actual dates to be repaid over a long period of time.  I have been wondering if most of these have already been processed and not released yet.  It wouldn't take that long for a credit card company to apply the refund to your account.  Hoping to hear more reports like your's!

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, LAnn said:

I've been following this thread off and on; I received my refund yesterday (5/18) for a cruise that was scheduled to sail on April 3.

 

I had requested the refund on March 15 after Princess cancelled the cruise, and when I called to check on the status a few days ago was told the refund had been processed on April 15. 

 

Just passing this along as an FYI; it is an very long time to wait for a refund and raises concerns about the financial stability of the company, so I can certainly understand why someone would file a dispute with their credit card company - I was preparing to do so. 

 

 

Thanks for giving a little hope.  My canceled cruise was April 5th and refund request submitted March 12th.  Hopefully mine is right behind yours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, LAnn said:

I've been following this thread off and on; I received my refund yesterday (5/18) for a cruise that was scheduled to sail on April 3.

 

I had requested the refund on March 15 after Princess cancelled the cruise, and when I called to check on the status a few days ago was told the refund had been processed on April 15. 

 

Just passing this along as an FYI; it is an very long time to wait for a refund and raises concerns about the financial stability of the company, so I can certainly understand why someone would file a dispute with their credit card company - I was preparing to do so. 

 

 

Great news. This, and the others that have received refunds does confirm that they are definitely NOT processing by sailing date! Still nothing here for March 14th. But happy to hear that at least some of you are getting money back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...