Jump to content

Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges


lahore
 Share

Recommended Posts

We had a Panama Canal booked the end of March, FCC with option 1 given back as cruise credit, but the EZair our travel agent says she was told today that it goes into  an account to be booked for future air even with speaking to a supervisor.  First I have heard of this.  She asked if it could be used as credit on a future cruise we had booked next year and was told no for future air only.  
 

Anyone had this one come up?

 

Thanks in advance

 

Diane

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PrincessDano said:

We had a Panama Canal booked the end of March, FCC with option 1 given back as cruise credit, but the EZair our travel agent says she was told today that it goes into  an account to be booked for future air even with speaking to a supervisor.  First I have heard of this.  She asked if it could be used as credit on a future cruise we had booked next year and was told no for future air only.  
 

Anyone had this one come up?

 

Thanks in advance

 

Diane

 

 

You can request back any refundable amounts as a refund - no telling how long that would actually take! With EZ Air, it would depend if it was flexible or restricted. I would either contact Princess direct (they have been waiving the need to do it through your TA in many instances currently) or have your TA follow up again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

You can request back any refundable amounts as a refund - no telling how long that would actually take! With EZ Air, it would depend if it was flexible or restricted. I would either contact Princess direct (they have been waiving the need to do it through your TA in many instances currently) or have your TA follow up again.

I had spoke with Princess Sunday and was told that it was linked to 2 bookings and my TA had to call about it.  She did this morning and was told the above, and emailed me that I would have to call to dispute it.  
 

Diane

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PrincessDano said:

I had spoke with Princess Sunday and was told that it was linked to 2 bookings and my TA had to call about it.  She did this morning and was told the above, and emailed me that I would have to call to dispute it.  
 

Diane

This is direct from One Source (the TA portal for Princess):

What if a guest has Princess EZair on their booking? Is that covered too?

It depends; for Flexible Air, any outstanding cancellation fees will be added to the FCC. For Restricted Air, there may be a credit issued by the airline, which will become a separate Future Air Credit for that airline that can be used when booking their Princess Cruise (the credit only applies to that airline). The balance of the air cost paid will be added to their FCC.

 

Items on Original Booking

How $$ is Refunded or Credited

 

Bonus FCC- Ready to Book

Bonus FCC - Not Ready to Book Immediately

*if guest wants refund of TF&PE, PVP, Transfers, Air, Hotel No Need to Call

Refund - Not Ready to Rebook Immediately

*No need to call

Refund - Ready to Book Immediately

Cruise/Cruisetour Fare

Converted to FCC

Converted to FCC

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

Air- flex & restricted

Moved to holding account*

Moved to holding account*

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

Hotels

Moved to holding account*

Moved to holding account*

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

Transfers

Moved to new booking*

Moved to holding account*

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

TF&PE

Moved to new booking*

Moved to holding account*, will be refunded if no new bkg

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

PVP

Moved to new booking*

Moved to holding account*

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

Prepaid Shore Ex & Special Services

Refunded to Guest. Must be reapplied to new booking.

Refunded to Guest

Refunded to Guest

Refunded to Guest. Must be reapplied to new booking.

Promo OBCs and Value items

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

FCDs applied

FCD removed from booking and if expired, it will be refunded.    

FCD removed from booking and if expired, it will be refunded.

FCD removed from booking and if expired, it will be refunded.

FCD removed from booking and if expired, it will be refunded.    

FCCs applied

FCC removed from the booking. Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

FCC removed from the booking. Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

FCC removed from the booking. Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

FCC removed from the booking.  Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

*Guest can request refund


Maybe you had restricted air rather than flexible? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

This is direct from One Source (the TA portal for Princess):

What if a guest has Princess EZair on their booking? Is that covered too?

It depends; for Flexible Air, any outstanding cancellation fees will be added to the FCC. For Restricted Air, there may be a credit issued by the airline, which will become a separate Future Air Credit for that airline that can be used when booking their Princess Cruise (the credit only applies to that airline). The balance of the air cost paid will be added to their FCC.

 

Items on Original Booking

How $$ is Refunded or Credited

 

Bonus FCC- Ready to Book

Bonus FCC - Not Ready to Book Immediately

*if guest wants refund of TF&PE, PVP, Transfers, Air, Hotel No Need to Call

Refund - Not Ready to Rebook Immediately

*No need to call

Refund - Ready to Book Immediately

Cruise/Cruisetour Fare

Converted to FCC

Converted to FCC

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

Air- flex & restricted

Moved to holding account*

Moved to holding account*

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

Hotels

Moved to holding account*

Moved to holding account*

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

Transfers

Moved to new booking*

Moved to holding account*

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

TF&PE

Moved to new booking*

Moved to holding account*, will be refunded if no new bkg

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

PVP

Moved to new booking*

Moved to holding account*

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

Prepaid Shore Ex & Special Services

Refunded to Guest. Must be reapplied to new booking.

Refunded to Guest

Refunded to Guest

Refunded to Guest. Must be reapplied to new booking.

Promo OBCs and Value items

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

FCDs applied

FCD removed from booking and if expired, it will be refunded.    

FCD removed from booking and if expired, it will be refunded.

FCD removed from booking and if expired, it will be refunded.

FCD removed from booking and if expired, it will be refunded.    

FCCs applied

FCC removed from the booking. Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

FCC removed from the booking. Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

FCC removed from the booking. Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

FCC removed from the booking.  Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

*Guest can request refund


Maybe you had restricted air rather than flexible? 

I generally only book flexible not restricted but I’ll have to look when I get home.  Thanks for the info, much appreciated 

 

Diane

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We received our cruise fare and ports fees back to our credit card today.  No easyair fares, which

were over 8,000us, flex-air.  Delta had contacted us in early April and said that Princess had

received the monies from the cancelled air at that time.  Princess, now says that they

can no longer see the air, so no refund.  I will turn this mess over to our credit card company

to deal with

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, PrincessDano said:

I generally only book flexible not restricted but I’ll have to look when I get home.  Thanks for the info, much appreciated 

 

Diane

Good luck. Princess left hand doesn't appear to know what the right hand is doing right now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bcnvcanada said:

We received our cruise fare and ports fees back to our credit card today.  No easyair fares, which

were over 8,000us, flex-air.  Delta had contacted us in early April and said that Princess had

received the monies from the cancelled air at that time.  Princess, now says that they

can no longer see the air, so no refund.  I will turn this mess over to our credit card company

to deal with

 Princess cannot see the air, so no refund?!!!!  How horrible 😱   Did they emailed you a receipt when you first paid them?   Now I am worried about my excursions.... Princess changed the route before they cancelled my cruise.... you know when they changed route, my paid excursions also disappeared.... but at least I have an email receipts from Princess for reservation.  

This is such a mess!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was curious so I just went over to the Carnival people to see how their refunds are going.  I only read one thread,  but it looks like people there ARE receiving their refunds.  Hopefully Princess will get it in gear soon.

 

From that thread:

 

"Well here is part of my theory.  They have been doing some processing all along but just didn't submit for payment.  There were little to no refunds for several weeks and now many people are reporting refunds either partial or total. 

 

Something tells me they were sitting on many of the refunds until just recently.  I mean everyone saying they hadn't received a refund and then a large number reporting they have now received it.  If it was because of the volume of refunds some should have been being done all along.  Then suddenly all kinds of refunds!  They sure did pick up their ability to process suddenly. "

Edited by Mikel1733
punctuation
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mikel1733 said:

I was curious so I just went over to the Carnival people to see how their refunds are going.  I only read one thread,  but it looks like people there ARE receiving their refunds.  Hopefully Princess will get it in gear soon.

 

From that thread:

 

Well here is part of my theory.  They have been doing some processing all along but just didn't submit for payment.  There were little to no refunds for several weeks and now many people are reporting refunds either partial or total. 

 

Something tells me they were sitting on many of the refunds until just recently.  I mean everyone saying they hadn't received a refund and then a large number reporting they have now received it.  If it was because of the volume of refunds some should have been being done all along.  Then suddenly all kinds of refunds!  They sure did pick up their ability to process suddenly. 

I had a Carnival cruise March 21st. I cancelled the same day as my Princess cruise. Carnival refunded me in full within 30 days. Princess hasn't even managed an FCC or partial refund in 70 days. The Princess cruise was a week earlier than the Carnival one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was about to lodge a dispute with my CC company but just got the full credit tonight for our March 21 cruise on the Caribbean Princess ! Very happy and hope that means all of you on this cruise are about to be reimbursed.  Still waiting to see the 100% FCC but that was less of an urgent concern for us.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never post, but these boards have been a huge help with the cruises we have taken so wanted to share.  We were set to sail April 4th on Sky and submitted our option 2 request March 12th.  The full refund showed up on our credit card yesterday.  We received our FCC a few weeks ago.  I hope this means full refunds are coming for others. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning everyone, some good news regarding my canceled April 5th cruise on the Regal.  I took the refund option and one credit card got a partial refund yesterday.  I reconciled the refund breakdown with Princess this morning and was told the rest is in progress and perfectly reconciled.

Edited by Ereggae
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

Good morning everyone, some good news regarding my canceled April 5th cruise on the Regal.  I took the refund option and one credit card got a partial refund yesterday.  I reconciled the refund breakdown with Princess this morning and was told the rest is in progress and perfectly reconciled.

It sounds like the refunds are coming :)

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Great news. This, and the others that have received refunds does confirm that they are definitely NOT processing by sailing date! Still nothing here for March 14th. But happy to hear that at least some of you are getting money back.

Today I am seeing a few more refunds re: March show up on fb Princess Info.  site. Good luck. 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our cruise was supposed to be on the Ruby departing April 4 from Sydney to Vancouver. We did not cancel our cruise but decided to wait for Princess to cancel. We selected option 2 on the first day we could. We received our 50% FCC on April 23. This morning 100% of the amount we paid appeared on our CC [posted May 15] including our Business class airfare from Toronto. We never contacted Princess nor our CC company.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GOT our refund on credit card!!!  All of it!! Over$6,000 !!  Took option 2 on March12 for cruise scheduled for March28. This is 60 business days.  I am sooo happy!! We also did not dispute with bank nor did we contact Princess

Edited by riffatsea
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our cruise was scheduled for April 5th.  I made the request for Option 2 on March 12th.  Just now the amount for the cruise + EZ Air has been credited to our account.  This is good news, yes.  We are still owed the funds for 4 excursions.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tinkerbell83 said:

I never post, but these boards have been a huge help with the cruises we have taken so wanted to share.  We were set to sail April 4th on Sky and submitted our option 2 request March 12th.  The full refund showed up on our credit card yesterday.  We received our FCC a few weeks ago.  I hope this means full refunds are coming for others. 

We were booked on the same cruise and I received the refund on the two cabins and the two tours we had booked for our grandchildren last week on my credit card and back in my checking account this past Monday.

So happy!

 

Howard

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy to see refunds are starting to come, though still not sure why I have still not seen anything from a March 14th sailing. For those of you that had refunds post this week, what date was listed as the actual refund date? I'm trying to get a sense of the timeframe between "processed" and "received".

 

Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Wow ... looks like some refunds are starting to roll in.  So reassuring!!  

I really believe this is how Princess will regain confidence from their passengers to book with them again in the future.  

well obliviously based on facts and circumstances at the time of final payment in mid-September … this is encouraging 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...