Jump to content

Credit Card Dispute?


Recommended Posts

I'm giving this a go.

 

We were cruising Sunday from San Juan and waited to cancel until last night after the State, the local Schools, and our Employers required a 14 day quarantine upon return from cruising.

 

I'm not interested in the FCC given for a multitude of reasons which I won't bore you with here.

 

Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, crbnlvr said:

I'm giving this a go.

 

We were cruising Sunday from San Juan and waited to cancel until last night after the State, the local Schools, and our Employers required a 14 day quarantine upon return from cruising.

 

I'm not interested in the FCC given for a multitude of reasons which I won't bore you with here.

 

Thoughts?

Good luck, if it’s been longer than 60 days since you paid the chances of a dispute being resolved in your favor are low.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ireashmott said:

We are on the same cruise. It is cancelled. You’ll be getting an email. You will get to select refund.

We cancelled last night so it is unlikely we will get the email.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ireashmott said:

Did you cancel it using the med reason or request form? Or just a traditional cancel? 

We called our PVP.  She said they would refund taxes but the remaining would be FCC.  We were in a jam because we had to make a decision 72 hours before as I understood.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, crbnlvr said:

We called our PVP.  She said they would refund taxes but the remaining would be FCC.  We were in a jam because we had to make a decision 72 hours before as I understood.

I did the same thing

Keep us updated if you decide!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its fraud, please don't try that avenue.

 

These are very uncertain times and we have become very accustom to instance gratification, these two things don't mix.  Be patient and go about things the right way.  For better chances of getting through, try calling at 4-6am EST.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You cancelled before Carnival cancelled? You might get your money back and you might not. You can try disputing, but the credit card company may side with Carnival. Don't ask us, ask Carnival.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion this is where Carnival failed.  The total lack of information and constantly changing situation has led to confusion, frustration, and burnt up a lot of good will that people had.

I would hope they give you a refund, I personally think it's the right thing to do, but will they - IDK.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, momof3hungryboys said:

In my opinion this is where Carnival failed.  The total lack of information and constantly changing situation has led to confusion, frustration, and burnt up a lot of good will that people had.

I would hope they give you a refund, I personally think it's the right thing to do, but will they - IDK.

 

Sounds like two different replies in one post.  Op, I would not try this, but that is me.  To this poster, there are really good reasons why the chain of events happened.  If you do not care and it costs your good will, then happy cruising.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...