Jump to content

How do an 87 and 89 year old get home from Freemantle?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kindergirl said:

They called! 
@Copper10-8 they will gratefully accept your help in LA, thank you so much! Once I wake up and make sense of my scribbles I will send you an email with details but it looks like they will arrive early in the morning (like 6 something, sorry)
💕


Do they know they are famous & they have an entire group of us routing for them and you? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, VennDiagram said:

@Kindergirl best wishes ❤️ , I've been following but not commenting.   I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your parents!

I guess many of us, from all over the world (I live in Bavaria, Germany) have been following without commenting, since we knew there was no way we could help. I have been touched by the amount of humanity on display. It gives me hope for society in this very difficult time. Take care, all of you wonderfully kind people. I have my fingers firmly crossed for a safe homecoming for all the passengers, and of course especially for the two elderly parents and their special daughter!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget about 

https://flightaware.com/live/findflight?origin=YPPH&destination=YSSY

that will help you track the flights and provide gate info. You put in flt numbers or cities and choices are listed. Then you can look at airport maps and see how close the gates are and if there are delays. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

@cat shepard They do not know about their fan club yet.  Wait until I explain all this to them, they won’t believe it!


They already know the most important thing - that two people offered to go to the airport to help! 

Edited by cat shepard
Link to post
Share on other sites

I chimed in way back but have been glued to my iPad screen ever since to see how this all plays out.  We need a happy ending story to shine in the midst of all the turmoil that is going on world wide.   Best of luck to the travellers and to Copper in LA and to my fellow Canadian Kindergirl waiting patiently in Sarasota/Tampa

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kindergirl said:

They called! 
@Copper10-8 they will gratefully accept your help in LA, thank you so much! Once I wake up and make sense of my scribbles I will send you an email with details but it looks like they will arrive early in the morning (like 6 something, sorry)
💕

 

Hi Deb; got your email and will respond latter Great news! Will set my alarm 😉 

 

It is currently 0407 hrs in the AM in Syd. The Delta flt is scheduled to depart in 6 hrs and 30 min with a 13 hr and 35 min flight time to LAX

 

This site will allow you to track their flight.

 

Talk to you later

 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL6799 

Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, I think this might be a Virgin Australia triple 7 (nice aircraft) operating as a Delta flt under code-sharing. It will be arriving at Tom Bradley Int'l terminal. Delta domestic flight at LAX use both Terminals 2 and 3 so will find out from where their Tampa flt departs

 

 

 

Screen-Shot-2017-03-23-at-10.15.15-AM.png?fit=2048%2C2048px&ssl=1 

Virgin Australia 777.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Copper10-8 said:

BTW, I think this might be a Virgin Australia triple 7 (nice aircraft) operating as a Delta flt under code-sharing.

 

I love Virgin Australia, especially in the upgraded cabins! It should be a nice flight @Kindergirl

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

 

Hi Deb; got your email and will respond latter Great news! Will set my alarm 😉 

 

It is currently 0407 hrs in the AM in Syd. The Delta flt is scheduled to depart in 6 hrs and 30 min with a 13 hr and 35 min flight time to LAX

 

This site will allow you to track their flight.

 

Talk to you later

 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL6799 

Copper10-8 - If they will not have airline personnel helping let me know if you need me to help you escort them from TBITs to Delta.  Cherie

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cccole said:

Copper10-8 - If they will not have airline personnel helping let me know if you need me to help you escort them from TBITs to Delta.  Cherie

 

Will do Cherie! Be safe!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

 

I second the recommendation for minimal luggage. I had an experience similar to Cruise NH's several years ago in SFO changing from a flight from Sydney to a domestic flight. We barely made it and we were still young enough to run for it. (I don't recall having to change terminals, but I still remember DH yelling "No!" when I glanced at the See's Candy kiosk) It would have been so much easier if we hadn't had to claim and then recheck our bags. We would have been plenty early at our gate.

 

 Me too.  Preferably hand luggage only because of the parents advanced ages.  Since being left behind in an escorted group transfer from an Australian flight to the UK in Doha, I always request wheelchair assistance.  It has been such a blessing.  When I arrived back transferring with wheelchair assistance in Australia for the first time, feeling a fraud, I told the person with the wheelchair that I didn't need the assistance (now that I could read the signs).  He said "Hop on Love.  That is what we are paid for."  Welcome back to Australia!

Now, I wouldn't travel overseas without wheelchair assistance booked.  It has extended my solo overseas travelling.

Edited by MMDown Under
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

 Me too.  Preferably hand luggage only because of the parents advanced ages.  Since being left behind in an escorted group transfer from an Australian flight to the UK in Doha, I always request wheelchair assistance.  It has been such a blessing.  When I arrived back transferring with wheelchair assistance in Australia for the first time, feeling a fraud, I told the person with the wheelchair that I didn't need the assistance (now that I could read the signs).  He said "Hop on Love.  That is what we are paid for."  Welcome back to Australia!

Now, I wouldn't travel overseas without wheelchair assistance booked.  It has extended my solo overseas travelling.

 

In his last few years, DH needed wheelchair assistance, more to avoid standing in long queues, like in a cruise terminal, than for walking. But it also came in handy in unfamiliar airports. I don't remember what airport it was, JFK maybe, where the gate was a floor up from the jetway and we had to go down a series of ramps. I'm not sure I would have been able to control a wheelchair going down that slope. It sure didn't feel like a ADA regulation slope to me. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kindergirl and Copper 10-8 - Are the parents on the plane?  Pete and Judy posted that their Delta flight from SYD to LAX was cancelled and they are now going through SFO.  Let me know if you need help in another airport.  Cherie

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cccole said:

Kindergirl and Copper 10-8 - Are the parents on the plane?  Pete and Judy posted that their Delta flight from SYD to LAX was cancelled and they are now going through SFO.  Let me know if you need help in another airport.  Cherie

The flt hasn't left yet Cherie

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

The flt hasn't left yet Cherie

I just read your above post #233 again.  Hopefully they are getting ready to board in SYD.  Sorry for my post #240, didn't mean to worry anyone.  Cherie

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been following this with great interest; a fellow Canadian adoptee trying to help her aging parents, and a friend who's going to be meeting complete strangers to assist them through the airports.  And a whole bunch of cheerleaders on the sidelines. 

 

What a great group of people we've got on this forum - kudos to all of you. 💖

 

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kindergirl said:

They called! 
@Copper10-8 they will gratefully accept your help in LA, thank you so much! Once I wake up and make sense of my scribbles I will send you an email with details but it looks like they will arrive early in the morning (like 6 something, sorry)
💕

 

Delta #6799, operating as Virgin Australia #1, is in the air and headed for LAX. Flight time 13 hrs and 40 min - 12 hrs 57 min left. Updated arrival time in L.A. 06:20 hrs at Gate 133, Tom Bradley Int'l Terminal 🙂

 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL6799

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kindergirl said:

@Copper10-8 omg. It’s Monday morning they arrive, not tomorrow! Yikes! Please get this message!!!

 

Got it; I'll send you an email to clarify. If they left Sydney just now; they'll get here (L.A/) on Sunday morning. We'll talk

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

@Copper10-8 omg. It’s Monday morning they arrive, not tomorrow! Yikes! Please get this message!!!

 

2 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

@Copper10-8 thank goodness you are better at checking the boards regularly than me! 
What a relief. 

@Kindergirl they will be crossing the international date line during the flight. They will arrive on Sunday Morning US / Monday morning Austrailian. I had the same problem when I flew back from Auckland and had to reserve an extra night because I hadn't realized that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kindergirl said:

So they really are getting here tomorrow???

🧐

this date stuff is confusing. 


They really will be home tomorrow?!?!

 

😃
 

 

 

They arrive in L.A. on Sunday morning! Do you know the times on the Tampa flight? If they have the 10:00 AM (L.A. time) flight, they will arrive in Tampa Sunday evening, your time

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...