How do an 87 and 89 year old get home from Freemantle?

Kindergirl

13 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Great to hear your Mom's feeling better, but I'll bet you're still worried about what's going to happen to them through all this.  Know your friends are still here cheering you on, wishing good things for all of you.  Now back to sewing masks. . . . it seems the authorities are starting to change their tune on the wearing of masks as a precautionary measure.  I'm trying to get ahead of the game at least where my family and friends are concerned.  Take care!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Smart thinking on your part trying to get ahead of the game sewing masks.  I've picked up a change in attitude in healthy people wearing masks.  I'm wondering if  the Authorities were trying to ensure those who really needed them had ample supply. 

I'm loving how people are using their talents, thinking outside the box, to make things for the hospitals and their staff.  7.30 Report on ABC here featured some of the talented people and their creations. 

Kindergirl - Tell you mum to be patient, as she may feel up and down for awhile.  I hope she is receiving some joy from realising just what you have achieved and knowing how loved she is by you. 

• Like 2

My mom isn’t feeling well again.  She sat up to sleep last night as she was having a hard time “getting her breath”...she and Jim have gone for tests.  As far as I know he still feels okay. She believes that it is a full blown cold like she had on the ship. I’m praying she is right. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

My mom isn’t feeling well again.  She sat up to sleep last night as she was having a hard time “getting her breath”...she and Jim have gone for tests.  As far as I know he still feels okay. She believes that it is a full blown cold like she had on the ship. I’m praying she is right. 

I'm so so sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed. I was tested one week ago and I'm still awaiting results - lab turnaround is longer than it should be. 

I'd like to give you some information privately but it doesn't let me send you a private message on here. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Great to hear your Mom's feeling better, but I'll bet you're still worried about what's going to happen to them through all this.  Know your friends are still here cheering you on, wishing good things for all of you.  Now back to sewing masks. . . . it seems the authorities are starting to change their tune on the wearing of masks as a precautionary measure.  I'm trying to get ahead of the game at least where my family and friends are concerned.  Take care!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

ger_77 - What pattern are you using for your masks?  There are so many out there.  Last night I saw one that uses paper towels, rubber bands and a stapler if you don't sew.  What fabric are you using?  I'm going to make some also.  Cherie 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PiperHolliday said:

I'm so so sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed. I was tested one week ago and I'm still awaiting results - lab turnaround is longer than it should be. 

I'd like to give you some information privately but it doesn't let me send you a private message on here. 

Hi @PiperHolliday, thanks for your message. You are welcome to email me. 
debkinder at outlook.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cccole said:

ger_77 - What pattern are you using for your masks?  There are so many out there.  Last night I saw one that uses paper towels, rubber bands and a stapler if you don't sew.  What fabric are you using?  I'm going to make some also.  Cherie 

Hi Cherie,

I'm using the pattern I found online from Deaconess Hospital; there's a great tutorial that goes through all the steps as well.  Here's the link:  https://www.deaconess.com/How-to-make-a-Face-Mask

I've also started making some of these - I use thin elastic cord that goes around the back of the head, rather than over the ears, as it's easier on the wearer.  https://www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern/  I've been using old pillow cases that I was hanging onto until it was safe to donate to the Salvation Army, but now they've been put to good use as well.  The nice thing is they can be bleached without being damaged.

Good luck to you and stay well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are both being admitted to the hospital. I knew flying home was risky and I’m sure, if they have covid they got it on the way.  They haven’t been anywhere else since coming home. But we won’t know for sure until their tests come back.

I’ll keep you posted.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

They are both being admitted to the hospital. I knew flying home was risky and I’m sure, if they have covid they got it on the way.  They haven’t been anywhere else since coming home. But we won’t know for sure until their tests come back.

I’ll keep you posted.

Oh, Deb. I'm sorry. I'm glad you are there with them. 

Thank you for keeping us posted. We really do care!

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

I’ll keep you posted.

Oh no.  I’ve been silently following from the beginning.   Will be praying for a good outcome.
They’ve got so many people involved in this amazing journey and are supporting them and you here as much as we can.   

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Kindergirl said:

Deb, I will join you in prayer. Hope Cathi licks this fast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kindergirl said:

I’ll keep you posted.

Deb, I am so sorry. Thank goodness you are there. And now you a have to be careful of yourself.

Stay well. Praying.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kindergirl said:

I’ll keep you posted.

The hospital is the best place for them for right now ❤️ I will join the prayers for their recovery.  And you get some rest, okay?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Hi Cherie,

I'm using the pattern I found online from Deaconess Hospital; there's a great tutorial that goes through all the steps as well.  Here's the link:  https://www.deaconess.com/How-to-make-a-Face-Mask

I've also started making some of these - I use thin elastic cord that goes around the back of the head, rather than over the ears, as it's easier on the wearer.  https://www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern/  I've been using old pillow cases that I was hanging onto until it was safe to donate to the Salvation Army, but now they've been put to good use as well.  The nice thing is they can be bleached without being damaged.

Good luck to you and stay well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thanks Gerry,  I am getting a group together to sew masks for a local ER, who had their first death of a first responder today.  I save all old linens, towels, and clothes that the charites don't want and use them as rags and packing.  Thank you for the websites.  Cherie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kindergirl said:

I’ll keep you posted.

So sorry to hear this. Praying for the best outcome for them!

• Like 3

@Kindergirl I'm so, so sorry to hear about this. I'm crying.  I so wish I were there with you and if this virus weren't around, I would have been until the middle of May. Of course, you wouldn't have been either and they wouldn't be in this situation. All I can do, is give you some emotional support. Stay strong!!! Know that we are here thinking of your parents and you. Reach out if there is anything you need!!!! You know we will come through for you to the best of our ability. 

Are they in the hospital in Sarasota? Please keep us posted! I'm hoping for the very best. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

So sorry to hear this. Praying for the best outcome for them!

Deb, sorry to hear that they are in hospital. I am glad you are there with them, and hopefully it is a combination of exhaustion, stress and a cold. Try to get some rest yourself.

Susan

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Kindergirl said:

Kindergirl - I got such a shock I had to walk away to recover!  This was to be my last visit to this thread, now that your mother and Jim arrived home safely. 

The positive - I'm pleased your mother and Jim have gone for tests, so you will know whether she tests positive or not.  If she tests negative, we will all celebrate.  However, If she does test positive, you must insist on being tested yourself.

• Like 5

Unfortunately now [most if not all] hospitals are not allowing visitors, so Deb is having to deal with the separation and communication issues all over again.  May there be new angels to help her through this phase.  Blessings to you all Deb, Cathi and Jim, family and caregivers.  Keep us posted here, we are all pulling for you, as you now know!  Maureen

• Like 7