Official Cancellation Notification

cvonscpa

I just received the email from Carnival notifying me that our scheduled sailing on March 21 has been cancelled.  I am attaching the letter I received to this post, I hope it displays properly.  Basically, we will have until December 31, 2020 to book another sailing, plus receive 100% FCC and a $600 per cabin OBC since we were booked on a 7 day sailing on the Panorama.  Alternatively we could receive a cash refund, but we are already discussing when we can reschedule for so that's off the table for us.

TEMPORARY PAUSE IN SERVICE.pdf

• Like 2

Was the $600 OBC to offset the price difference, or was it an incentive? 

We cancelled on Thursday before the official cancellation, and received $200 OBC. But that was only because the cost of our new cruise was $200 cheaper lol. 

3 hours ago, KALUBLES said:

We will be going out of Galveston on the freedom April 11th. I’m wondering will this be the first sailing back and am I still good to go?

They plan to crank up the 10th so you should be fine but I could see this getting extended another month

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

That’s a good deal. I have a cruise scheduled for the end of April, so I will see what happens with that one. If it’s cancelled or I can’t go, I will definitely reschedule. A $600 on board credit would be awesome.

If they extend the cancels and it captures yours you may get a totally different offer but if the sailing occurs and you just can't go as you say for some reason and you cancel yourself, you won't get any OBC. Now if they keep the stringent health rules after starting back up and you fall under that umbrella you might get something

5 minutes ago, drolltroll said:

They plan to crank up the 10th so you should be fine but I could see this getting extended another month

I don't understand how they plan to start again on the 10th.  I thought it was 30 days.  The 10th is not 30 days out.  

1 minute ago, 1kaper said:

I don't understand how they plan to start again on the 10th.  I thought it was 30 days.  The 10th is not 30 days out.  

I thought that notice from Carnival said the 10th which is almost 30 days but I could be wrong

3 minutes ago, drolltroll said:

I thought that notice from Carnival said the 10th which is almost 30 days but I could be wrong

It did.  I may have miscounted.

(I'm sailing on the 12th and hoping to get the cancellation)

24 minutes ago, drolltroll said:

If they extend the cancels and it captures yours you may get a totally different offer but if the sailing occurs and you just can't go as you say for some reason and you cancel yourself, you won't get any OBC. Now if they keep the stringent health rules after starting back up and you fall under that umbrella you might get something

Yes, it looks like my husband could be denied boarding if they continue with their strict boarding requirements.

1 minute ago, drolltroll said:

My wife is in the same boat>>>

It’s disappointing because I never would have considered cancelling. I might not have a choice. It’s fine. I almost wish they would have extended their cancellations to the end of April so I could rebook and get it over with. Right now I feel like we will be in limbo for a month.

I was one of the unfortunate souls who was scheduled to cruise today.  Although i'm extremely disappointed, equally excited about the cancellation offer.

Does anyone know exactly how this works.  I had a cabin with 2 other people.  Do I have to book a cruise with those same people again or can each of us book separate cruises and each receive the full onboard credit?

2 minutes ago, cruizin4sho said:

I was one of the unfortunate souls who was scheduled to cruise today.  Although i'm extremely disappointed, equally excited about the cancellation offer.

Does anyone know exactly how this works.  I had a cabin with 2 other people.  Do I have to book a cruise with those same people again or can each of us book separate cruises and each receive the full onboard credit?

You will need to make inquiries with the company you booked with originally. Either a travel agent, PVP(a Carnival employee) or with Carnival themselves.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AVE757 said:

Was the $600 OBC to offset the price difference, or was it an incentive? 

We cancelled on Thursday before the official cancellation, and received $200 OBC. But that was only because the cost of our new cruise was $200 cheaper lol. 

A week ago Friday I cancelled my 4-4 cruise and rebooked it for 7-25. I am wondering if it will be possible for those like you and me that cancelled and rescheduled before Carnival cancelled our cruises would be eligible for the $600 OBC. It doesn’t seem right that we lose out because we were pro-active and saw the seriousness of the Coronavirus situation before Carnival did. 

It is not a break for me, conditions at the time will be the determining factor in deciding to cruise or reschedule again. The $600 OBC would help with that decision, lol! Has anyone with a PVP inquired about this? I don’t have one and won’t call Carnival, they are swamped I’m sure! 

Really feeling bad for the out of work staff....since they are contract workers they won't be able to draw any unemployment.   Let's hope CCL houses and feeds them on hiatus since none of them can afford to fly home and then return to the ship.   ....if they would be allowed to fly home.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KALUBLES said:

We will be going out of Galveston on the freedom April 11th. I’m wondering will this be the first sailing back and am I still good to go?

As of today? Yes. Tomorrow? Who knows

12 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

A week ago Friday I cancelled my 4-4 cruise and rebooked it for 7-25. I am wondering if it will be possible for those like you and me that cancelled and rescheduled before Carnival cancelled our cruises would be eligible for the $600 OBC. It doesn’t seem right that we lose out because we were pro-active and saw the seriousness of the Coronavirus situation before Carnival did. 

It is not a break for me, conditions at the time will be the determining factor in deciding to cruise or reschedule again. The $600 OBC would help with that decision, lol! Has anyone with a PVP inquired about this? I don’t have one and won’t call Carnival, they are swamped I’m sure! 

Nope

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Nope

Thanks Jimbo, I am sure you would know, time to get that hope out of my head! 😜 I have another question for you in regards to the FCC I have accumulated. With the two cabins they used $2728 in FCC from the April cruise and I presume the $1000 I had to pay for deposits will also become FCC if I cancel again. 

My question is can I use the FCC for two cruises I have already booked, one is May 2021 and the other March 2022.  For the April, now July cruise I booked the two rooms as a single booking but my daughter’s cabin is her name and has a separate booking #. Hopefully everything is a go for July but we will have trouble rescheduling if there is a problem. Thanks! 

6 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

That’s a good deal. I have a cruise scheduled for the end of April, so I will see what happens with that one. If it’s cancelled or I can’t go, I will definitely reschedule. A $600 on board credit would be awesome.

where set to sail May 3rd out of Miami at this point. Have then 200 obc Carnival offered earlier this week. Hope the freeze is over and the sailing continues. Not looking to cancel unless they push the freeze longer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

Thanks Jimbo, I am sure you would know, time to get that hope out of my head! 😜 I have another question for you in regards to the FCC I have accumulated. With the two cabins they used $2728 in FCC from the April cruise and I presume the $1000 I had to pay for deposits will also become FCC if I cancel again. 

My question is can I use the FCC for two cruises I have already booked, one is May 2021 and the other March 2022.  For the April, now July cruise I booked the two rooms as a single booking but my daughter’s cabin is her name and has a separate booking #. Hopefully everything is a go for July but we will have trouble rescheduling if there is a problem. Thanks! 

That would be an exception basis.   I would certainly try, where did you book?

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

That would be an exception basis.   I would certainly try, where did you book?

Carnival.com. Hopefully it is not an issue and we can sail comfortably in July and have an awesome time. Right now we are all suffering battle fatigue and no one knows where this is going or how bad it is going to be. We do have until June 25 to cancel, which is hopefully plenty of time see how it sorts out. 

If we aren’t able do the cruise in July I have the 4K that was fully refunded to use for a more local vacation for our family to celebrate my daughter’s 40th birthday. We are blessed to live in Southern California so we have lots of options there. Obviously I jumped too quick to cancel and rebook so I am thinking ahead this time and having all the info possible on my options helps.

I really appreciate you sharing your expertise, thank you! 

• Haha 1