Refund, Future Credit or Rebook?

Javert1969

1 hour ago, tel69 said:

Hi, unfortunately we cancelled our May cruise last week and opted for a 50% refund and 50% fcc, possibly not the right option but only time will tell.

My question is, if anyone has done the same, have you received your cash refund yet as just checked with card company and no money has been transferred from P&O to my account yet. I know its early days yet and that P&O are in a difficult position, just wondering if anyone received the cash refund  into their accounts.

Stay safe everyone and lets hope this doesn't cripple the cruise industry that we all love.

Not yet for our cruise but received £70 which was what I paid to pre-book our seats on TUi to Barbados on Friday.

22 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Thought this was the bast place to post this question.  Has anyone received their FCC yet?  If so, is it visible online anywhere?  I just dont want to clog up the phone lines asking. 

P&O have advised that the FCC will not be visible online but will be allocated to your account.

• Like 1

Different experience with Booking.com  Cancelled a booking yesterday which ordinarily would have incurred a €180 cancellation fee.  I requested that the cancellation fee waived (Spain, in lockdown).  Within half an our Booking.com emailed me that they had contacted the property, and the property agreed to waive the cancellation fee.

Received a further email today confirming that a full refund would be paid within 7-12 days.

Good on Booking.com

• Like 1

Maybe I'm one of a few, but I'm getting just a bit fed up with all this fob-off. This is the 21st century.  Technology now is nearly instantaneous.

When I pay for a holiday, I can check my bank account one minute later and the money has already been taken!! I get an email from both my TA and the Cruise Line with our attached Invoice...so they have our email address.

About 18 weeks before the cruise, we get an email reminding us to book our excursions and drinks packages etc etc (so they have our email).  Two weeks later, another email reminding you of something else (so they have our email). Ten or twelve weeks before we are to sail, we get a reminder about the balance (so have our email address). We pay the balance and whoosh...the money is out of our account.  2-3 weeks before we sail we get yet another email with tickets attached etc etc.

Then your cruise gets cancelled...……………...now it's DEAFENING SILENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 2nd cruise was cancelled 4 days ago and to date not a word from P&O or my TA. I have emailed twice....nothing. Surely a round Robin letter from your TA or P&O would make you feel just a tiny bit cared for....or is that too much to ask?? 

So yes, I will be implementing the 14 day refund regulations as we are in the 21st Century. Maybe our TA...who I think may live in the 'North Pole' by the house they live in, could just answer an email or make that phone call (p.s. our other TA was very quick, so know who I will be using in future)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ann141 said:

We also received the email with the incorrect information and were told it was sent out in error

When p&o cancel and close down a booking, the system automatically generates and sends a cancellation invoice with the cancellation fee. The contact centre staff have to override this and generate a second invoice with the appropriate amendment. In the fullness of time, around 45 days, you should receive an accurate invoice and the appropriate payment.

7 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

When p&o cancel and close down a booking, the system automatically generates and sends a cancellation invoice with the cancellation fee. The contact centre staff have to override this and generate a second invoice with the appropriate amendment. In the fullness of time, around 45 days, you should receive an accurate invoice and the appropriate payment.

In our case we were on Aurora and were told we would get a full refund within 2 weeks.(This was stated in a letter from the Captain so may be different as we didn t actually cancel-just did a cruise of the North Sea before returning to Southampton

10 minutes ago, ann141 said:

In our case we were on Aurora and were told we would get a full refund within 2 weeks.(This was stated in a letter from the Captain so may be different as we didn t actually cancel-just did a cruise of the North Sea before returning to Southampton

I think the 2week refund is normal company policy, but in these unprecedented times they are processing many thousands of cancellations. The current target is 45 days.

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

I think the 2week refund is normal company policy, but in these unprecedented times they are processing many thousands of cancellations. The current target is 45 days.

I agree and dont mind waiting though it would be good to get a letter or email stating this as a lot of people will be phoning customer services querying why they have not received their refund yet

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I agree and dont mind waiting though it would be good to get a letter or email stating this as a lot of people will be phoning customer services querying why they have not received their refund yet

The person who processed my cancellation was quite high up on the management ladder and fully explained the system. If the procedure is explained fully at the point of cancellation, there should be no need for an interim email, bearing in mind they are dealing with thousands of cancellations. I have been extremely impressed with the service, demeanour and professionalism of P&o staff at this difficult time. I fully expect to receive my refund in 4t days time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

The person who processed my cancellation was quite high up on the management ladder and fully explained the system. If the procedure is explained fully at the point of cancellation, there should be no need for an interim email, bearing in mind they are dealing with thousands of cancellations. I have been extremely impressed with the service, demeanour and professionalism of P&o staff at this difficult time. I fully expect to receive my refund in 4t days time.

Thats good if it is explained and i agree no email needed.Ours was an unusual situation in that we were already on Aurora and were told we would get a refund because the cruise had been cut short, hence the letter from the Captain.The crew did an amazing job of continuing their usual work(along with smiles) when inside they were probably wondering if they would even keep their jobs.The Captain kept us well informed

Hi all. I was just wondering if I can use my future cruise credit through a travel agent, or will I need to book directly with P&O. I have tried to find this information on the website but have failed. Thanks in advance for your help.

7 minutes ago, dorsetlad said:

But only if P&O doesn't go up the swanney. Then there will be no cruise and no money. Go for the refund, you can always book later if all is well.

You mean Carnival really. Not sure if Carnival, as structured,  could allow a single operating division to go bankrupt. Others, with more business knowledge might give their opinion. 

I guess someone will post when they are successful in actually getting their money back and how long the process actually took .Have that to come, cruise not until early June so have to sit tight hoping for the full refund if cruise cancelled by p and o 

18 hours ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

As instructed I did not call P&O as we were not within 14 days of travelling and I will now patiently wait my 45 days after cancellation before bothering them in that respect as I appreciate that staff will be busy.

I wonder if once all of this has been dealt with if P&O will cut passengers any slack with timescales and their cancellation policies etc. They are changing things and expect sympathy and tolerance from customers, it would be nice if there was a little reciprocity in future.

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

As instructed I did not call P&O as we were not within 14 days of travelling and I will now patiently wait my 45 days after cancellation before bothering them in that respect as I appreciate that staff will be busy.

I wonder if once all of this has been dealt with if P&O will cut passengers any slack with timescales and their cancellation policies etc. They are changing things and expect sympathy and tolerance from customers, it would be nice if there was a little reciprocity in future.

On P&Os recent history I would expect them to have sympathy and tolerance from customers but net return the favour. They have for some time always expected loyalty from cruisers who use them but it has been very poorly returned.