Where are the ships going now?

Mudhen

14 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Splendor and Navigator are on the move again - both reportedly heading to Los Angeles

Navigator not allowed to dock in California.

edited to add previous discussion:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2702401-cruise-on-navigator-completely-changed-for-march-2021/?tab=comments#comment-58552601

Of course, California can change its mind at any time.

Marc

Edited by mrlevin

21 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Understood.

With the present curtailment of activity I suspect that LA has reached its emission targets for this year 😉

Splendor is now moving up the channel towards the LA cruise terminal. I read somewhere that there will be a large repatriation of crewmembers next week. I assume flights will be from LAX which would explain why the ships are congregating near the LA/Long Beach Harbors.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

Dave, then I am sure the dates for Navigator and Mariner will be much sooner than the published ETA; Navigator is maybe two days out and Mariner just arrived in Honolulu so maybe five days out if need be.

California has put stringent laws in place regarding polution from cruise ships.  It could be the reason why the Navigator would not be welcome.  On the other hand, they may be permitted to anchor and have crew members tender to and from the ship.

16 minutes ago, JMARINER said:

Mariner is coming to LA after it resupplies in Honolulu. I assume that afterward it will be heading to do the Alaska season, if it ever gets started. ;(

She was originally set to sail from Europe to Miami in May and do a cruise from Miami to San Francisco (actually the last segment of the World Cruise).  We are still booked on that May 17 - June 4 cruise, but have heard nothing from Regent about its status.  Obviously it isn't going to work now for a variety of reasons.  Wonder how much longer they will keep this cruise supposedly active?

• Like 1

Explorer left the port of Nassau, Bahamas on Saturday evening and is now shown heading slowly towards Miami; with a scheduled arrival time of 7am local time today, April 13.

Mariner is still heading towards LA; scheduled to arrive tomorrow, April 14.

(A belated Happy Easter to everyone 🍹. We should have been celebrating the festival on board Voyager, but sadly we are locked-down in the UK and Voyager is moored in Abu Dhabi :classic_sad:)

Interesting move by Explorer, possibly letting crew off ? Or maybe has entered US coastal waters so as to qualify for federal “compensation” related to the new CDC restrictions (a total guess)

i have to admit Explorer interests me most as I am supposed to be on it in August.

Susan - sorry that you are missing the joys of the Suez on Voyager, seems like only yesterday that you were heading south along the canal. Have you booked a replacement cruise ?

Edited by Belfast Taxman