What's accomplished during a dry dock - Escape

CanadianKLM

I'm starting to look at possible cruises for 2021 (yes I know a lot could happen in the next twelve months), and one of the cruises I would consider is the Escape. I see it's scheduled for dry dock in October, but not seemingly for very long. During a short dry dock do they make huge changes (replace a ropes course with a go-kart track) or basically change out a few carpets but it's fundamentally the same?

I'm no expert but i'll throw a dart at the wall. 

usually, cruise ships drydock to both upgrade cabins/common areas to be more modern and to retrofit ship with current popular amenities (specialty restaurants/shops/etc). Carnival retrofitted older ships with the Guy's burgers, Blue Iquana/Red Frog bar on lido...all very popular. 

soooo, I don't remember the Escape totally (sorry!) but I know it recently replaced Margaritaville with American Diner mid cruise. I figured that would have happened at drydock.   it has the popular Waterfront feature that offers outside dining at pay restaurants and public walkways/access to the water views.  I know Epic had an Ice Bar but I didn't see anyone go into it the entire 11 nt cruise so I double Escape gets that.  Epic also had a Cirque tent with a dinner show - I don't recall that being on the Escape, that would be a good upgrade. 

I cant think of anything else the Escape would need that it doesn't have.  perhaps switching out a couple specialty restaurants for more popular options???

If it is just a week or two dry dock, it is mostly for "insurance" society inspections along with paint the below water line portion of the ship.  They may do some interior maintenance like replacing carpets, bedding etc, but no major changes.

I hope they don't make the Escape another floating 6 Flags amusement park.

Hopefully there will be outside deck space so you know you are on a ship not at a mall.

Edited by NJGeorge