Jump to content

Confirmed COVID - Celebrity Silhouette, Feb 23 - Mar 6 Southern Caribbean


spryder
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lizinindy said:

Celebrity needs to immediately alert the passengers on that cruise. I was on it and I haven’t heard anything from Celebrity.

 

I doubt we're going to hear anything from Celebrity.  They're swamped and don't have enough resources.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

413872441_ScreenShot2020-03-14at5_34_00PM.png.29b4075e0cb951197f7509d09f5f1b72.png

St Patrick's Day version?  St P actually was responsible for the snakes being eradicated from Ireland (he left a few in human form I'm told)....do you think the quarantini will do the same with the virus (if enough are enjoyed..)?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

I doubt we're going to hear anything from Celebrity.  They're swamped and don't have enough resources.

 

But according to an email I received yesterday from LLP,  "Nothing is more important to me than the health and safety of our guests and crew."  As such, even thought they are busy, you would think getting notice out to the passengers would take priority.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cruiserchuck said:

 

But according to an email I received yesterday from LLP,  "Nothing is more important to me than the health and safety of our guests and crew."  As such, even thought they are busy, you would think getting notice out to the passengers would take priority.

 

I'm not sure there's a path from the Canadian government to Celebrity.  How would Celebrity know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cruiserchuck said:

 

But according to an email I received yesterday from LLP,  "Nothing is more important to me than the health and safety of our guests and crew."  As such, even thought they are busy, you would think getting notice out to the passengers would take priority.

 

I almost choked on that email.   Celebrity was one of the last to suspend operations (likely driven by the WH command to do so, not on their own volition) and talk of COVID-19 on board the Summit has been circulating for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

I'm not sure there's a path from the Canadian government to Celebrity.  How would Celebrity know?

 

Perhaps True -  However, there has been a lot of social media circulation about this and dollars to donuts, Celebrity is aware.

Puerto Rico knew about the Summit (which hasn’t been spoken of by Celebrity), held a press conference today, and denied disembarkation of the Summit.   

Edited by hvbaskey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

 

And this is exactly why cruises had to be shut down as it only takes one person like this to impact hundreds onboard (with them not feeling the effects until they disembark).

Plus the impact on health authorities on shore.  Look at Grand Princess.  Thousands of scarce test kits used up plus the logistical challenge to transport and quarantine passengers all around the country.  The US can't afford similar issues with Summit and Sillhouette.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, colliercruiser said:

One of the unanswered questions is how did this passenger get the coronavirus?  Did he already have it (but without symptoms) prior to embarkation?  Or did he get it from another passenger or crew member on Silhouette?  The answer would be important for all.

 

Hard to answer that kind of question with the length if time from having symptoms to finagling notifying anyone.  He could have been exposed in a airport, plane, taxi, hotel restaurant before every getting on the ship.  Even if he thought he had the flu he should have reported to the medical department on the ship, the flu is contagious also and can be fatal for some.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My husband and I just arrived back home yesterday. We were on Reflection and disembarked in FFL. We are putting ourselves into 14 day quarantine.  We live in the same city noted on this post. On our flight back home to Toronto the couple behind us coughed for most of the flight.  Nothing we could do about it and now we wait and pray that we did not get infected! 
I wish all people who are traveling back to their hometowns really seriously consider the self quarantine so that we can reduce the amount of people who are going to get sick!

Edited by etmanch
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

I'm not sure there's a path from the Canadian government to Celebrity.  How would Celebrity know?

As all confirmed cases are investigated with an eye to determining further spread by the patient, you can be sure that Celebrity would have been contacted. I think that they are simply overwhelmed and things are slipping through the cracks. Having dealt with crisis management for many years, it's easy to understand that they are understaffed and ill prepared for current events.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, etmanch said:

We are putting ourselves into 14 day quarantine.

 

6 minutes ago, etmanch said:

I wish all people who are traveling back to their hometowns really seriously consider the self quarantine so that we can reduce the amount of people who are going to get sick!

Thanks for leading by positive example!!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, etmanch said:

My husband and I just arrived back home yesterday. We were on Reflection and disembarked in FFL. We are putting ourselves into 14 day quarantine.  We live in the same city noted on this post. On our flight back home to Toronto the couple behind us coughed for most of the flight.  Nothing we could do about it and now we wait and pray that we did not get infected! 
I wish all people who are traveling back to their hometowns really seriously consider the self quarantine so that we can reduce the amount of people who are going to get sick!

 

Thank you for being socially responsible.   Wishing you the very best of health & wellness, with no illness after the 14 days.

With appreciation from a fellow Canadian.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is terrible news at this point, we were on the Silhouette from the 2/14 sailing and then did the 2/23 cruise. On board we ate in the main dining room,  buffet, aqua cafe, cafe baci and a specialty restaurant. Also participated in a cabin crawl as well as attending lectures, going to the shows at night and relaxing at the indoor and outdoors  pools.

We disembarked after waiting in the designated handicapped area to a taxi that took us to FLL. Then flew home via LaGuardia. Almost every passenger did something similar to this and has been home for a week with family, friends, went to the scheduled doctors appointment and grocery shopping. 
A little late to isolate given 8 days has elapsed.

Heres hoping that the passengers onboard and disembarking in the morning have been informed of the situation, especially those who were b2b.

 

Hal

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prince Edward Island’s first confirmed Covid-19 case was announced by our Chief Medical Officer this afternoon.  The person returned from a cruise on March 7th and developed symptoms on the 10th. The cruise line/ship were not named in the announcement . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PEIpair said:

Prince Edward Island’s first confirmed Covid-19 case was announced by our Chief Medical Officer this afternoon.  The person returned from a cruise on March 7th and developed symptoms on the 10th. The cruise line/ship were not named in the announcement . 

 

“March 7th” seems to be a hot date ... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife and I were on this cruise as well. We have no symptoms and we feel great (biked 25 miles today) and are not concerned. We will wait for Celebrity to issue some sort of response to the "supposed" effected passenger before we take the advice of "Dr. Wonderman"  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, prfctmrtini said:

My wife and I were on this cruise as well. We have no symptoms and we feel great (biked 25 miles today) and are not concerned. We will wait for Celebrity to issue some sort of response to the "supposed" effected passenger before we take the advice of "Dr. Wonderman"  

 

if you are waiting for Celebrity to issue some sort of response, you will likely be waiting a LONG time.

 

perhaps you should just monitor your health, and call your doctor if you have any symptoms.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, prfctmrtini said:

My wife and I were on this cruise as well. We have no symptoms and we feel great (biked 25 miles today) and are not concerned. We will wait for Celebrity to issue some sort of response to the "supposed" effected passenger before we take the advice of "Dr. Wonderman"  

 

Annnnd responses like this are exactly why this virus is continuing to spread out of control.  🙄

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, prfctmrtini said:

My wife and I were on this cruise as well. We have no symptoms and we feel great (biked 25 miles today) and are not concerned. We will wait for Celebrity to issue some sort of response to the "supposed" effected passenger before we take the advice of "Dr. Wonderman"  

That's a pretty selfish attitude.  I'm glad you "feel great" but would hope you have the good grace to stay away from others.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...