Did anyone else get a thanks for being a loyal guest e-mail?

ontheweb

9 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I assume that I received this because we have a Princess cruise booked for late July as opposed to the few Princess cruises that we have taken. 

It states that Princess has been tested and is now suspending cruises for 60 days. Also they are proud of everything done for the passengers on the wo infected ships.

It ends with PLEASE STICK WITH US (my emphasis since I think this is the purpose of the e-mail to hope to hold onto booked customers.)

Yes, we got this email. We have our fifth Princess cruise booked for mid-October. I agree that the major purpose of the email was to hold on to booked customers.

However, I'm naive enough to also believe they mean what they say about gratitude and pride for the employees who continue to go above and beyond.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChattTenn said:

Carnival line - John Heald (their spokesman) has on his FB a letter date March 12 stated any 70+ with health issue such as diabetic (1 or 2) etc MUST obtains a letter from the doctor stated that person is fitted to sail.  On March 13 Carnival started to turn away (Charleston & Mobile) people who did not know about it or did not have that letter.  Carnival site DID NOT show this information.  

We are asking them, will this rule apply for every sailing.  As of now the spokesman has to find out further but yet they already turned people away.  Very BAD.

You refer to 'Carnival line'. What about Princess?

• Like 1

I am on board the Little forgotten Pacific Princess in the middle of the Indian Ocean heading back to Fremantle, Australia.  We have not received any communication from Princess at all, not even any indication of exactly what our fate will be once they bring us to back to Australia.  We are just floating in limbo.  But.... We are a SAFE SHIP and better off here than anywhere else.  Most of us are not happy Princess is just going to throw us out into the world when we are better off staying on the ship.

I think Jan Swartz has shown leadership in acknowledging a crisis, admitting it is overwhelming, taking a 60 day reset (rather than a weak 30 day as other lines which will likely be extended), communicating by video and email. She did not hide behind press releases as some other CEO's have.

She asked hi for us to "stick with them." I will. She knows the stakes are big, but instilled confidence they are working hard to fix what is under their control.

Edited by jimmieg
Grammar
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

There's another thread in the Princess forum where some members are very anxious (I initially said hysterical but thought it too inflammatory) about something that Princess has not implemented but has been proposed by the Cruise Line Industry Association. It's a very annoying thread that purports that people over the age of 70 are going to be required to provide a doctor's note saying they are fit to travel. There's some evidence that a few other cruise lines are implementing this but zero evidence that Princess has or even will.

Lots of evidence. Just go to their web sites. Carnival, HAL, Royal Caribbean to start. They implemented this before closing down (in North America only) in the last day or so.

Yes, Princess has not implemented it. But the others announced their adoption of the policy after Princess had announced its 60 day ban. There is no reason to believe that Princess would not also adopt this since they are part of CLIA and follow its others rules and regulations.

52 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

I am on board the Little forgotten Pacific Princess in the middle of the Indian Ocean heading back to Fremantle, Australia.  We have not received any communication from Princess at all, not even any indication of exactly what our fate will be once they bring us to back to Australia.  We are just floating in limbo.  But.... We are a SAFE SHIP and better off here than anywhere else.  Most of us are not happy Princess is just going to throw us out into the world when we are better off staying on the ship.

Hard to tell if this affects your cruise or not

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/all-overseas-arrivals-in-australia-must-self-isolate-for-14-days-amid-new-coronavirus-rules

https://www.smh.com.au/national/pm-introduces-strict-travel-restrictions-for-all-arrivals-20200315-p54a8q.html

12 hours ago, ecslady said:

They must be reaching out to everyone.  I have done 35 cruises, but only 3 with Princess, and the last one was 10 years ago adn still got the email.

I’ve done 17 Princess Cruises and didn’t get the email.  We had a cruise booked for this may and we cancelled and requested our money back. We will book again and most likely for September-November.  But wanted our money since they were not offering any bonuses or perks to us since our cruise was for 5/16.  No additional FCC  for letting them keep our cash. 

15 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

You refer to 'Carnival line'. What about Princess?

I just started a thread. I spoke to a Princess rep at their 800 number, and she said Princess has no such policy.

• Like 1

Yes, we received the e mail and Jan Schwartz’s video. I deleted both after reading the message. I think the effort is a marketing move by Princess.

I have received similar emails from Marriot, Hilton, Southwest, Talbots and even the NY Mets. All of them have been deleted.

We are booked on a Princess Cruise for November. Hoping to enjoy that cruise, but we are mindful of the state of the virus by then and our own health and circumstances. If the cruise is a go- great ! If ,for some reason ,we need to cancel, so be it.

Remaining Princess customers,yes. Impressed by the e mail- not so much.

Agree I have received thank you emails from every hotel, cruise line, museum, concert venue, retail store that I have ever shopped in or ordered from.

Good marketing efforts of course but a bit of overkill. Sitting home here in quarantine for another week doesn't put me in the mood to go shopping online. 

Good news is that I am feeling fine, my niece in Israel is in the hospital for mandatory 14 day quarantine, my sister-in-law awaits the results of the test she was able to get last Thursday but she also feels fine, and our family wedding in Miami scheduled for the beginning of April rescheduled to October. Jet Blue a pleasure to deal with regarding the flights and the hotel will simply move the entire room block to October dates so no need to cancel and rebook myself. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bookmama22 said:

Agree I have received thank you emails from every hotel, cruise line, museum, concert venue, retail store that I have ever shopped in or ordered from.

Good marketing efforts of course but a bit of overkill. Sitting home here in quarantine for another week doesn't put me in the mood to go shopping online. 

Good news is that I am feeling fine, my niece in Israel is in the hospital for mandatory 14 day quarantine, my sister-in-law awaits the results of the test she was able to get last Thursday but she also feels fine, and our family wedding in Miami scheduled for the beginning of April rescheduled to October. Jet Blue a pleasure to deal with regarding the flights and the hotel will simply move the entire room block to October dates so no need to cancel and rebook myself. 

Good to know. I will remember to try to book domestic travel with them! 

Did anyone else get what I consider to be an offensive promotional email for Princess? The promo line is to the effect that "you'v lost $125. (in shipboard credit) by not taking advantage of their offer to book a cruise now or book generically for the future.

No.. I haven't lost $125... I have lost absolutely zero. Maybe cruising will resume this summer, maybe for next winter holiday season, maybe a year or two from now but I have not lost anything. 

People are sick and dying every day. No one needs to be thinking about "losing out" because they aren't taking advantage of their amazing offer. Shame on you, Princess.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bookmama22 said:

Did anyone else get what I consider to be an offensive promotional email for Princess? The promo line is to the effect that "you'v lost $125. (in shipboard credit) by not taking advantage of their offer to book a cruise now or book generically for the future.

No.. I haven't lost $125... I have lost absolutely zero. Maybe cruising will resume this summer, maybe for next winter holiday season, maybe a year or two from now but I have not lost anything. 

People are sick and dying every day. No one needs to be thinking about "losing out" because they aren't taking advantage of their amazing offer. Shame on you, Princess.

I received a similar one last week.

Offensive? Seriously?  Please........

Yes, I received a note from them.   Princess, from what I have heard and read,  has been handling this extremely scary situation with a very humane and professionally caring approach.  Clearly they are a company that is facing great challenges and they are losing enormous amounts of money.  But foremost it appears they are putting their guest's welfare as a priority.

• Like 1