Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
LinnieRed

New to Carnival-questions

Hello, my husband and I are seeking a cruise to replace the NCL 29 March that just got cancelled. I’m looking at Carnival since we will be in S California in October and the 7 night Mexican Riviera would work. Beyond a few “booze cruises” we’ve taken on Carnival back in the early 2000’s we are Carnival neophytes (a bunch on NCL though) and hoping for some answers. 

How much is the drinks package? Is there an upgraded dining package one can pre purchase? What else is there that anyone recommends that would add cost to our trip?

Thanks! We’ve had to cancel 2 trips due to Covid-19 and badly need something to look forward to. 

3 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Did you look on the Carnival website? It’s all there .....

Yes I did. I’m not having any luck finding a dining package or a per night drink package amount. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, LinnieRed said:

Yes I did. I’m not having any luck finding a dining package or a per night drink package amount. 

The drink package is called Cheers. These prices are before the 18% gratuity is added. And it has to be purchased for length of cruise.

They don’t have dining packages, but I did find this blurb below for the Horizon ($60pp).  Don’t know if it’s been added to Panorama.

Age Range: 21+
Cost: cost-additional.svg?w=22&h=22Additional
  Purchased aboard: $59.95 (3-4 day cruises); $56.95 (5+ day cruises)
  Purchased in advance: $54.95 (3-4 day cruises); $51.95 (5+ day cruises)

Prices are per person, per day

So here we have something on the Carnival Horizon, a dining package.

As you can see it means a $60 gets you 3 vouchers: (1) steakhouse, (2) $15 vouchers good towards; Pig & Anchor, Bonsai, Cucina or JiJi

For now this is just available on Carnival Horizon but we will be doing other ships in the near future and I will let you know about them.

Edited by crzndeb

2 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

The drink package is called Cheers. These prices are before the 18% gratuity is added. And it has to be purchased for length of cruise.

They don’t have dining packages, but I did find this blurb below for the Horizon ($60pp).  Don’t know if it’s been added to Panorama.

Thanks! Does everyone +21 in the cabin have to purchase it? Or can just 1 of us. 

1 minute ago, LinnieRed said:

Thanks! Does everyone +21 in the cabin have to purchase it? Or can just 1 of us. 

Everyone over 21

No daily drink package, it is all cruise or not at all.  Every one over 21 must purchase it.  Limited to 15 alcoholic drinks over a 24 hour period.  Unlimited NA drinks.  

Supposedly panorama was going to get the dining package, but I have not seen/heard anything about it.

They just started letting you pre-book specialty restaurants too. So you can pre-pay for them and the chef's table.