Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, expatcruiser88 said:

With so many other cruise line suspending cruises for 30-60 days is BPCL also doing this or are they still sailing Grand Celebration's cruises?

Yes. Still sailing. Currently $99.00 per person for an ocean view 10 free drinks and $50 OBC

Link to post
Share on other sites

It now appears that Bahamas Paradise Cruise line has suspended their cruises too. I don't see any official announcement yet. I just found an article on Travelpulse published about an hour ago that the BPCL CEO has announced that they cancelled their sailings on the Grand Celebration from March 15 through April 8. The booking schedule on their website seems to confirm this as March was removed with the earliest possible sailing date to select is April 10th. Their Nassau cruises have been suspended at least until the end of May.

 

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/bahamas-paradise-cruise-line-announces-voluntary-pause-on-sailing-season.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, expatcruiser88 said:

I work for WDW so if I'm off for 2 weeks i might just book this. Waiting to see.

Grand Celebration starts sailing again to Freeport April 10th April starts the $99 deal 10 free drinks and the $50 OBC for the beginning and middle of the week. End of the week price is higher. Grand Classica starts sailing again June 2nd to Nassau. Not going out of business.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Great news, I love Grand Classica!

Two things the Celebration has over the Classica. The buffet is better and the pizza is free. But I agree. We also love the Classica. A beautiful ship.  The Celebration has larger state rooms also. An old Carnival ship. Carnival has the largest state rooms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Two things the Celebration has over the Classica. The buffet is better and the pizza is free. But I agree. We also love the Classica. A beautiful ship.  The Celebration has larger state rooms also. An old Carnival ship. Carnival has the largest state rooms.

But the Classica was the most expensive cruise ship ever built in 1992: she is truly Italian artistry in motion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 11:58 AM, gkbiiii said:

But the Classica was the most expensive cruise ship ever built in 1992: she is truly Italian artistry in motion.

I agree. The Classica is a beautiful ship. Not denying that at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Cruises have been suspended through May 11th now.  I am willing to bet they will do the same.  Plus I am sure the governor is not going to allow ANY cruises to set sail and will forcefully shut them down if he needs to.  Wont look good for their PR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 12:47 PM, tennboy1981 said:

Cruises have been suspended through May 11th now.  I am willing to bet they will do the same.  Plus I am sure the governor is not going to allow ANY cruises to set sail and will forcefully shut them down if he needs to.  Wont look good for their PR.

I just checked their website. Their earliest available voyage has now been moved to May 8th.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually had an upcoming cruise booked for June 23rd.  I decided to cancel, they tried to get me to reschedule, but honestly just wanted my money back.  They said they processed my refund, which could take up to 30 days.  I also didnt get a confirmation email of cancellation.  Makes me worried whether or not I will actually get the refund.  I have 60 days to dispute a charge with my credit card, and 60 days is up on the 15th of this month.  I may end calling up my CC and seeing what i can do to cover myself.  With how hard the cruise industry is getting hit, I want to be sure I am protected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tennboy1981 said:

I actually had an upcoming cruise booked for June 23rd.  I decided to cancel, they tried to get me to reschedule, but honestly just wanted my money back.  They said they processed my refund, which could take up to 30 days.  I also didnt get a confirmation email of cancellation.  Makes me worried whether or not I will actually get the refund.  I have 60 days to dispute a charge with my credit card, and 60 days is up on the 15th of this month.  I may end calling up my CC and seeing what i can do to cover myself.  With how hard the cruise industry is getting hit, I want to be sure I am protected.

30 days is super short. My Princess cruise was cancelled and was told 90 days. Nor did they send any confirmation of the offer request I accepted for the cancellation.  I do not think I would be worried. I have the Grand Classica booked for Jun13 and cannot wait to go. I have not been contacted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

30 days is super short. My Princess cruise was cancelled and was told 90 days. Nor did they send any confirmation of the offer request I accepted for the cancellation.  I do not think I would be worried. I have the Grand Classica booked for Jun13 and cannot wait to go. I have not been contacted.

I hope it sails for you!  These cruiselines are suffering.  Saying 90 days raises a red flag to me, because most credit  cards, you have 60-90 days to dispute a charge.  The cruiselines can turn around and refuse to refund, or file bankruptcy, and since its past the 90 day dispute time, you're SOL and stuck with the charge.  I think I am going to open a dispute and just let my CC company know that they are planning on refunding me, but I just want to  cover my butt.

Edited by tennboy1981
Link to post
Share on other sites

My reading of this US Government /CDC order:  

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/No-Sail-Order-Cruise-Ships_Extension_4-9-20-encrypted.pdf

Says the cruise industry serving US waters is pretty much on hold barring a new plan.  The idea of calling the US Coast Guard to come put themselves at risk rescuing contagious COVID-19 victims of random nationalities from non US flag cruise ships is now over. 

 

I think BPCL, who has a lovely relationship with the Bahamas Government, can probably set up a system to medivac suspected cases to hospitals or clinics at each end.  And get, ahead of time, approval to land such persons no matter what.   Being stuck at sea after today is preventable- you need to ask the Port Captains- what if we have an outbreak?    If you plan to refuse us we cannot start.   

 

There does not seem to be a loophole to allow a ferry service vs a cruise.  Getting visitors to the Bahamas seems important- if it can be safe.  Barring a vaccine/treatment this might be moot.     

 

And I would spread the crew out to lower deck cabins and fill every other table at dinner etc.  They might try voice operated elevators to reduce button pushing etc.  Masks will be worn.  Chengkp just confirmed passenger cabins as a rule do not share fresh air.  No one will love it but it will be cruising.  

 

Edited by ew101
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...