Divina Drydock Fall 2020

YellowDog

Well, like q lot of you, our cruise was cancelled, so now I'm thinking toward next year.  I read somewhere that the Divina was going into drydock this coming fall.  Do any of you know what the plans are?  We were on that ship a couple of years ago and enjoyed it, and we are considering it for next spring, was curious what upgrades it may have by then?

I'm wondering if it will still go into dry dock because of all the financial hits MSC has been taking because of the virus. I have a cruise booked on the Divina for next January. I was really excited because I was going on soon after Dry Dock. Not sure what MSC was going to for it 😂.

8 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

I'm wondering if it will still go into dry dock because of all the financial hits MSC has been taking because of the virus. I have a cruise booked on the Divina for next January. I was really excited because I was going on soon after Dry Dock. Not sure what MSC was going to for it 😂.

I think it will have to go into Dry Dock regardless, but if money is a problem, it might just have the work done that has to be done in order to maintain its seaworthiness certification. And work like new refreshing, new features or big internal space overhauls could be what falls to the side?

Similar to the rumours already swirling about RCI's Allure which just completed it's TA to Spain ready to go to Cadiz for it's big "RCI Amplification". But now they are apparently saying it will just have the essential work done.

Makes you wonder if they will cancel similar things if money becomes an issue... Like Magnifica's big stretch and refresh.

• Like 1

Thanks!  We have been on the Divina before and really liked it.  Was looking at the 11 night Caribbean in March (with my cancelation money + from this week) DW was really hoping for a refurbished spa area which was one thing she wasn't crazy about on the Divina the first time.  

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/17/2020 at 12:23 PM, YellowDog said:

Thanks!  We have been on the Divina before and really liked it.  Was looking at the 11 night Caribbean in March (with my cancelation money + from this week) DW was really hoping for a refurbished spa area which was one thing she wasn't crazy about on the Divina the first time.  

A year later - and hopefully we are much closer to cruising safely again.  I'm bumping up this thread because I'd love to know if there are upgrades to the Spa.  I'll be on the Divina in Sept 2021 if all goes well.  Based on the videos I've seen, the spa could benefit from upgrades, particularly heated loungers. 

1 hour ago, DSJ28 said:

A year later - and hopefully we are much closer to cruising safely again.  I'm bumping up this thread because I'd love to know if there are upgrades to the Spa.  I'll be on the Divina in Sept 2021 if all goes well.  Based on the videos I've seen, the spa could benefit from upgrades, particularly heated loungers. 

Also if they implemented the bracelets and app on the ship like the Seaside.

• Like 1

We also have a cruise on Divina out of Port Canavaral for September this year.  I'm wondering if it will be a "Go" or will it be cancelled.  It would be our first time on Divina.  We've been on Magnifica and Seaside.  Loved Seaside!!

1 hour ago, mimi7ccr said:

We also have a cruise on Divina out of Port Canavaral for September this year.  I'm wondering if it will be a "Go" or will it be cancelled.  It would be our first time on Divina.  We've been on Magnifica and Seaside.  Loved Seaside!!

What made you decide on Divina this time? I've never been on MSC and I chose Divina because the schedule is perfect for me following a family reunion.  Everything I'm reading indicates the Seaside is more impressive in every way.  But to me, each ship has it's own splendor.  

We have been on Divina two times, well maybe three now that I think about it, and Seaside twice, prefer Divina, everyone has their preferences though, however would not hesitate to go on either again. 

• Like 1

DSJ28:  I actually booked the trip on Seaside again, but MSC changed it to Divina.  Meraviglia was also going to be on a similar route out of P.C.  I really don't care which ship; we just want to cruise!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mimi7ccr said:

DSJ28:  I actually booked the trip on Seaside again, but MSC changed it to Divina.  Meraviglia was also going to be on a similar route out of P.C.  I really don't care which ship; we just want to cruise!!

Ahh, I see. I'm the same way...I'd just like to be cruising again. Just getting a couple of sailings booked has really lifted my spirits. I think I'll have 4 cruises planned before I set sail on my next trip...a first for me...and oh so satisfying.

I think I derailed the thread a bit.  Back on topic, I do hope Divina added the app during dry dock... that seems like low hanging fruit. It sounds like pillows were also due for an upgrade as well. Here's hoping!

Divina is a beautiful ship! Prettiest we’ve ever been on after over 25 cruises across 4 different lines. Can’t wait to try Seaside unfortunately had 3 cruises on here cancelled last year. Soon, we’ll be cruising soon! 

On 3/31/2021 at 1:36 PM, DSJ28 said:

I do hope Divina added the app during dry dock

Hopefully so, as they would have to do so in order to comply with their own new safety protocols to issue everyone a sea band for contact tracing.

Bret

1 hour ago, kidless said:

Divina is a beautiful ship! Prettiest we’ve ever been on after over 25 cruises across 4 different lines. Can’t wait to try Seaside unfortunately had 3 cruises on here cancelled last year. Soon, we’ll be cruising soon! 

Ohh - that's great to hear! The images and videos I've seen are lovely, but there's nothing like first hand testimonials from people who have been onboard.  The Seaside looks amazing as well - you'll get there soon! I can't wait to experience MSC for the first time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Hopefully so, as they would have to do so in order to comply with their own new safety protocols to issue everyone a sea band for contact tracing.

Bret

Can you point me to the new protocols?  What I'm finding on google dates back to August 2020.   Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/6/2021 at 10:52 PM, DSJ28 said:

Ohh - that's great to hear! The images and videos I've seen are lovely, but there's nothing like first hand testimonials from people who have been onboard.  The Seaside looks amazing as well - you'll get there soon! I can't wait to experience MSC for the first time.

I agree, we've taken 6 different ships so far, and MSC Divina was by far the most beautiful ship! Very elegant, very European, would love to sail on her again!