Booking new Cruise utilizing FCC

edgekid

I originally booked a cruise through an online travel agent. Now that I have canceled utilizing Celebrity's cruise with confidence program I received a confirmation from the agent which shows a future cruise credit. When I choose to book a new cruise do I have to book with this online agent or can I go through a different online agency or Celebrity directly?

Edited by edgekid

My cancelled cruise still shows on the X website and there is no FCC showing anywhere.  I am being patient as I am sure X is working as fast as they can.  Am I missing something?  Should I just call and re-book?   

1 minute ago, Mark.Jules said:

My cancelled cruise still shows on the X website and there is no FCC showing anywhere.  I am being patient as I am sure X is working as fast as they can.  Am I missing something?  Should I just call and re-book?   

I think people said it will take 2 to 3 weeks for the FCC to show.   I am wondering where it would show on the site.  Also my teenage son is one of the passenger in the 2 rooms.   I cannot create an account for him when I booked because it said passenger under 18 can't have an account.   So how will they handle his portion of the FCC.   Would they create an account for him even though he is under 18?

At least 3 weeks. Just think of 20 plus ships with say 1500 cabins and 3 cruises per ship.  If only 50% booked it is 45000 cabins. Then thousands of cancellations of future cruises and it will take time to get everything sorted out.

Patience.

With more sailings worldwide cancelled today.... I think it's going to be longer than 3 weeks.  The new cancellation forms make it easier for ta's to report cancellations to Celebrity, but those poor folks at the cruiseline now need to go through all the forms and actually cancel out the bookings.

And the pile keeps getting higher.. and higher.. and higher.

4 hours ago, isdoo said:

How can it take 3 weeks?

Just run a script and it is done.

Not rocket science!

I 100 percent agree with you.

In today's modern technological world there's no way it can take 3 weeks or longer to process

I don't care how many thousands they have to handle.. remember,  regarding refunds they have to give, every day they hold on to your money they're making money.

Each reservation may have a diff apportionment between fcc and cash to credit card refund,  and will have to be sorted  through, and then sent in to the Cred Card companies.  Seems the spa, excursions and dining get processed easily but the cruise fare takes more review. Those who cancelled earlier will likely see results first. 

We cancelled  earlier in March under Cruise with Confidence offer. While we have our excursions and dining credited to our card, we are waiting for the credit card refund and also the  50 % future cruise cred certificate.  We  are also hoping for a refund from NY purchased cruise care premiums...sep request.

If you need to apply your Certif immediately or have unique issues, you can try calling X for help. I have called twice with no more than a 5 min hold time.

Otherwise,  let's all practice patience!

Edited by hcat

What's the hurry, nobody is going anywhere soon.  I'd give them the time they have stated.  Remember they are still trying to take care of passengers still on their ships and need to get home.  It's millions of $$ so it's not going to just be a script (as someone who wrote these types of "scripts" for a living).  There will need to be accounting.

I'll actually be astounded if they get the majority done in a few weeks.   Our Silhouette cruise that was canceled in may took until July to receive FCC certificates.

If you are truly in a big hurry to apply this FCC to a new cruise you might try to call and see if they can do it.  The only case I can think of where this might be important is if you plan on using it on a future cruise where final payment is coming up in the next couple of weeks.

I had our Japan cruise cancelled in mid February, way before the cruise with confidence etc. I received our FCC yesterday. It came on two separate emails, mine and my sons were detailed separately on one email - my husbands on another direct to him.

So about a month to process but that was before the current avalanche of cancellations.

hope that helps re timescales etc.

Debbie

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've done like wrk2cruise.  I received a FCC and just called an agent I use and had it applied to an existing reservation.   I didn't even  have to book a new cruise.

I have an existing booking for Oct 2021. What if the FCC is more than the balance owing for the cruise? I already have 4 perks on it. Is it just more OBC?

15 minutes ago, CHOPPERTESTER said:

I have an existing booking for Oct 2021. What if the FCC is more than the balance owing for the cruise? I already have 4 perks on it. Is it just more OBC?

Not sure of that.   Maybe you could upgrade.

34 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not sure of that.   Maybe you could upgrade.

Just checked. We need a handicapped accessible cabin for 3. No availability C or above. Only cabin left is the same class STBD side from us. I'll have to call. We'd be losing about $500 if we went the 125% FCC route and can't get extra OBC. Maybe they can let us cancel with no fee, return our deposit, keep the same rate  & perks and then apply the FCC.

Edited by CHOPPERTESTER

I too wonder how they will apply the FCC.  If we in fact do get a FCC for fare paid minus taxes and port charges, we’ll get about $4000 credit.  Looking at a November cruise with my TA last week, it costs $5300.  There is a $900 deposit, leaving a balance of $4400.  We would owe $400 at final.  I asked her what would happen if the rate came down before final and we had more in the FCC than we needed.  Maybe applied to OBC she thought.

Suppose we book a future cruise for $4000 which the FCC would cover completely.  She said we’d still have to pay the $900 deposit.  So, at final we’d have $3100 due but $4000 to cover it.  What happens to the excess?  Might that be converted to OBC also?

On 3/15/2020 at 10:45 AM, twentyknots said:

I too wonder how they will apply the FCC.  If we in fact do get a FCC for fare paid minus taxes and port charges, we’ll get about $4000 credit.  Looking at a November cruise with my TA last week, it costs $5300.  There is a $900 deposit, leaving a balance of $4400.  We would owe $400 at final.  I asked her what would happen if the rate came down before final and we had more in the FCC than we needed.  Maybe applied to OBC she thought.

Suppose we book a future cruise for $4000 which the FCC would cover completely.  She said we’d still have to pay the $900 deposit.  So, at final we’d have $3100 due but $4000 to cover it.  What happens to the excess?  Might that be converted to OBC also?

One of the notices I read from Celebrity said that if the cruise booked with FCC was less than the amount of the FCC, another FCC would be issued for the excess. Of course, their rules change almost daily, so this may not be the case now.

Carolyn

1 hour ago, Doctor G said:

One of the notices I read from Celebrity said that if the cruise booked with FCC was less than the amount of the FCC, another FCC would be issued for the excess. Of course, their rules change almost daily, so this may not be the case now.

Carolyn

That's what the current T&C for Cruise With Confidence says.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Q. What if you want to use your Future Cruise Credit on a cruise that’s not the same price as the original booking?

A. Just like any Future Cruise Credit, you will be responsible for paying the difference between the new cruise fare and the amount of the Future Cruise Credit (if any). 

If you apply the FCC on a cruise that’s less
expensive, a new Future Cruise Credit will be issued for the balance, opening yet another great opportunity to cruise with us again.

Am wondering why so many are trying to book today. So much uncertainty. Dr. Fauci suggested we will have virus this summer. Would it be better to wait for a couple months to book.  If I had a reservation with a NRD (100$) I would be strongly consider cancelling now and wait to book till fall.