Cruise Critic Community

On 5/25/2020 at 11:47 PM, bigeck said:

I go to Ikea for breakfast before getting on a ship.

Looks like everyone was at Bournemouth beach today

Does not help for getting the situation under control rather sooner or later. Are the beaches not closed curretly in the UK?

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Does not help for getting the situation under control rather sooner or later. Are the beaches not closed curretly in the UK?

I don't think they are closed. Not according to the Bbc Weston Super-Mare was another crowded beech last weekend.

Sometimes, you can only advise but you can't teach stupid.

In Scotland, beeches are open. We are a couple weeks behind England opening up.

Golf just started yesterday and small gatherings are allowed at distance.

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Are the beaches not closed curretly in the UK?

Nope, they opened up about a week ago

5 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Nope, they opened up about a week ago

Beeches in Scotland have never been closed. A lot of walker but still too cold for sunbathing.

8 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Beaches are open but no public loos, think they are trying to discourage visitors. Worked with us. We just stayed a couple of hours and won't visit again until things are back to normal 

Looking at the numbers in the UK, these places should still be avoided together with any other areas where social distancing could be an issue.

Looking at the numbers in the UK, these places should still be avoided together with any other areas where social distancing could be an issue.
Why?

80% of all infections dont get sick which shows an immune response in nearly all people. The younger and healthier you are the less risk you are at. In fact it only seems to kill over 85s and below 65 there is almost no risk at all unless you are obese or diabetic.

In the UK 2015 we had 48,000 excess deaths in 4 months and nobody noticed. This time we have had mass panic and destroyed the economy.

Direct sunlight is powerful anti microbial and vitamin D is the most important thing for immune system health.

Sending everyone to the beach would have been a smarter move than telling everyone to stay inside and get fat...

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

On 5/27/2020 at 1:42 PM, firefly333 said:

Good to hear, thanks

And yes mentioned they asked for 1 year delay in other posts and last I hear the Galveston council postponed voting on it. Just didnt want to type it all.

Good to hear they think they can handle in regular terminal, I hadnt seen anyone before this say they were that sure.

I think Royal would have to agree with that assessment 😉

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think Royal would have to agree with that assessment 😉

You have a lot more faith in them than me. Seems like to me they change their minds a lot.

But I now have one balcony confirmed on allure. Lol ... if they dont change their minds.

Posted (edited)

Might be wrong, but have Royal released anything on a delay to the Galveston terminal? All we have heard so far about delays etc have been from the port authority. 

I can’t find a press release or announcement from RCL

Edited by Jack McGowan

We're booked on Allure in Aug. '21.  Was looking forward to the AMP as we sailed on Symphony last Aug.  If the upgrades were to be pushed out 1 yr. to May '21 instead of May this year, that would be great.  However, the bigger draw for the cruise we booked was the itinerary, not so much the onboard amenities.  Everyone wants to revisit Cocoa Cay,  My wife & I have been to Nassau before (ho-hum), but not the kids/grand kids going with us, and none of us have been to Falmouth or Labadee.  We're looking forward to those stops, especially the latter for it's high adventure/activity content.

I still just want her to run well and look clean, stay healthy and work with Spain and Italy for Oct/Nov cruises this year!  Positive thoughts

23 pages of posts, a lot off topic - just circling back to confirm there is still no word on whether or not Allure will get AMPED, and if so, have dates have been set?

We're looking at the possibility of L&Sing a Sep 2020 cruise to 2021 and our only option seems to be on Allure. So just curious about it's status.

22 minutes ago, robmtx said:

23 pages of posts, a lot off topic - just circling back to confirm there is still no word on whether or not Allure will get AMPED, and if so, have dates have been set?

We're looking at the possibility of L&Sing a Sep 2020 cruise to 2021 and our only option seems to be on Allure. So just curious about it's status.

Nothing official has been released by Royal other that they have removed all the new cabin additions from the website that TA’s use.  Not sure if they updated the consumer website or not 

Our May 21 cruise on the Allure does not come up on the website tonight.......could something be up?

18 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Our May 21 cruise on the Allure does not come up on the website tonight.......could something be up?

I see May 23rd on Allure out of Port Canaveral.  

8 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I see May 23rd on Allure out of Port Canaveral.  

You're right - they are there now.......must of been a glitch.

9 hours ago, robmtx said:

We've been booked on Allure since 4/19 in a 8D ocean view balcony. Original booking was at $2540.00 for two. Repriced for the fourth time today at $1677.00. Don't think Allure will be amped before that with that pricing.

1 minute ago, WisconsinFan said:

We've been booked on Allure since 4/19 in a 8D ocean view balcony. Original booking was at $2540.00 for two. Repriced for the fourth time today at $1677.00. Don't think Allure will be amped before that with that pricing.

Price doesn’t have a lo5 to do with it.  Plenty of cheap prices on Oasis and she was amped.  I have an 8 D on her this year for $1432.  

I still agree that Allure won’t be amped, just not based on price. 

I feel pretty confident that amping won’t happen but I’ve been wrong before.   I’m okay with it although I know the kids will miss the slides.  I’m just happy my Diamond lounge should stay in its prime location. 

On 6/4/2020 at 12:17 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing official has been released by Royal other that they have removed all the new cabin additions from the website that TA’s use.  Not sure if they updated the consumer website or not 

Hope that means they won't convert the DL on Deck 11 into Cabins.  

On 6/4/2020 at 9:46 PM, TXHappyCruiser said:

I feel pretty confident that amping won’t happen but I’ve been wrong before.   I’m okay with it although I know the kids will miss the slides.  I’m just happy my Diamond lounge should stay in its prime location. 

I want the DL to stay on deck 11 and with no new cabins being built, there should be a good chance of that.  We have staterooms on Deck 11 for August 22 and October 31. 2021 out of Port C.  

We have allure booked for 15th August 2021 . We have a large family group with all ages - it would be great if they added playmakers and the water slides along with some of the restaurants - not bothered about anything else.

21 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Hope that means they won't convert the DL on Deck 11 into Cabins.  

There are no cabins being added to Allure.  That is confirmed.