12 hours ago, Von & John said:

Beetles were also easy to pick up & turn sideways in a parking spot, between 2 other cars...

Especially if they belonged to your Coach 🙂

We put our coach's car sideways, tight into the the corner of a building of a building. He couldn't go forward or backward.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

They are also easy to pick up out of a snowbank you just plowed into on purpose. (Not saying I've ever done this).

The buses were great in deep snow.  They were like sleds with wheels. If you needed more traction you just stood on the back bumper

16 hours ago, Von & John said:

Beetles were also easy to pick up & turn sideways in a parking spot, between 2 other cars...

Especially if they belonged to your Coach 🙂

I drove my mother’s new Beetle,  when they were first marketed, to visit my brother in college. Stopped for lunch, came back to the car, and there was no reverse gear!

I tried and tried, and no reverse. 

Luckily for me, some men came  out of the restaurant, and I was not too proud to ask for help. 

They all tried and finally agreed with me there was no reverse. Finally, they picked it up and set it into the street so I could drive off. I was careful to  parkwhere I could just drive away the whole weekend, and when I got home told my mother about the fatal design flaw. 

That’s when I found out how to get into reverse gear. German engineering sometimes works in mysterious ways.