To add some humour...

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

FB_IMG_1601350235673.jpg

Hello,

Many years ago I was staying in The Temple Bar Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. I was at breakfast and it was very noisy not only from the guests' conversations but the kitchen.The noise from the kitchen was as if the crockery and cutlery has been placed in the washing machine and not the dishwasher. Anyway, the waitress was taking orders for breakfast, cereals, juice, teas and coffees. From behind me a guy asks for a coke. There is suddenly a total silence - the silence the type of which appears in disaster films in the seconds before the bomb goes off/the creature emerges from the ocean and a woman screams. All people turned to look at the guy - the waitress apologised and said that the bar was closed and they only had fruit juice. The guy coughed and mumbled that he would have an orange juice - and the noise, including from the kitchen, resumed.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

After a tiring day, a commuter settled down in his seat and closed his eyes.

As the train rolled out of the station, a woman sitting next to him pulled out her cell phone.

image001.jpg

She started talking in a loud voice:  "Hi sweetheart.  It's Sue.  I'm on the train."

"Yes, I know it's the six thirty and not the four thirty train, but I had a long meeting."

"No, honey, not with that Kevin from the accounting office.  It was with the boss."

"No sweetheart, you're the only one in my life."

"Yes, I'm sure, cross my heart!"

Fifteen minutes later, she was still talking loudly.

When the man sitting next to her had enough…he leaned over and said into her phone,

"Sue, hang up that bloody phone and come back to bed."

Sue doesn't use her cell phone in public any more.

I wonder when she noticed that she was on a plane?????

12 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Some genius should be able to come with a clever caption for this deconstructed glass of wine:

image.png.ef5b6e5db3e1afe693e3a805f38d1203.png

The new pessimist wine glass - for those who see their glass 3/4 full........half full..........1/4 full............or empty. The set comes with instructions, band-aids and super glue.

14 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

After a tiring day, a commuter settled down in his seat and closed his eyes.

As the train rolled out of the station, a woman sitting next to him pulled out her cell phone.

image001.jpg

She started talking in a loud voice:  "Hi sweetheart.  It's Sue.  I'm on the train."

"Yes, I know it's the six thirty and not the four thirty train, but I had a long meeting."

"No, honey, not with that Kevin from the accounting office.  It was with the boss."

"No sweetheart, you're the only one in my life."

"Yes, I'm sure, cross my heart!"

Fifteen minutes later, she was still talking loudly.

When the man sitting next to her had enough…he leaned over and said into her phone,

"Sue, hang up that bloody phone and come back to bed."

Sue doesn't use her cell phone in public any more.

I had a situation very similar to this on an Amtrak train out of NYC. A woman was talking loudly and continually on her cell phone. It was a real "stream of consciousness" spiel - everything that happened was talked about, loudly. Everyone in the car could hear her. After over an hour of this, enough people complained that the conductor talked to her and asked her to knock it off. So she told her phone partner all about how she was being told to be quiet.

• Like 1

• read2learn changed the title to To add some Humour