27 minutes ago, snaefell said:

I think you are right there!

It's the same as the raised bars on the F and J keys on the computer keyboard. They're to help touch typists keep on the right key. (Never used them myself, I'm a hunt-and-peck typist who watches every keystroke.)

On 10/13/2020 at 4:34 AM, snaefell said:

Nice to have a bit of Britain in the thread seeing as quite a bit of it is about things so unfamiliar to Brits that they might as well be in Chinese!😆

LOL!! I know exactly what you mean.

I'm currently watching a TV series on Amazon Prime right now called "The Tunnel". It involves a British detective working together with a French detective on both sides of the tunnel. I watch the show on my tablet but have my phone nearby to look up the unfamiliar words and phrases they use. To complicate matters even more, there is a lot of French dialogue with English subtitles so I'm always pausing and "re-winding" in addition to looking up the words and phrases.

23 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I have found the discussions regarding jelly and jams extremely humorous and interesting and don’t consider it off topic at all. emoji848.png

I agree. It's not like we can rush back to cruising.

I'm sure the entire bulk of cruise critic forums will revert back to discussions of cruising when we actually get to cruise again.

Let's lighten up and enjoy socializing....

20 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Just noticed we hit another milestone 

Thanks again @Ourusualbeach

And to stay on topic

FB_IMG_1602617597719.thumb.jpg.5dbb03f5b58c925abaec7f499ca8e16a.jpg

BTW, the answer is #4

You're welcome

I’ve seen hilarious spellings, including Wishyoursister sauce

20 hours ago, Crown Vic said:

British food...aah! Gourmet!

Believe this was posted previously but it’s worth reposting as the idea breakfast. After that, it’s time to considered that most favourite meal...kippers!

Mouth watering thought, isn’t it?

Enjoy...

p.s. Some might consider this post ‘humourous’...

FF2E4BC8-018F-4AE0-BA9D-CCA25DCBBFCB.thumb.png.87e07ce94231c5da972123d7f6f7273c.png

I went on a project in Budapest with a colleague from Liverpool. We stayed at the Hilton downtown that had a huge buffet breakfast. This looks like the plate he had every morning.

Understanding Engineers 1  Two engineering students were riding bicycles across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get the great bike?" 

The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want." 

The first engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice: The clothes probably wouldn't have fitted you anyway." 

Understanding Engineers 2 – To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty. 
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. 

Understanding Engineers 3 

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers. 
The engineer fumed, "What's with those guys? We've been waiting for fifteen minutes!" 
The doctor chimed in, "I don't think I've ever seen such inept golf!" 
The priest said, "Here comes the green-keeper. Let's have a word with him." He said, "Hello George, What's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"
The green-keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind firemen. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime!" 
The group fell silent for a moment. 
The priest said, "That's so sad. I'll say a special prayer for them tonight." 
The doctor said, "Good idea. I'll contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything she can do for them." 
The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?" 

Understanding Engineers 4 
What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers? 
Mechanical engineers build weapons… civil engineers build targets. 

Understanding Engineers 5 
The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?" 
The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?" 
The graduate with a Business degree asks, "How much will it cost?" 
The graduate with a Fine Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?”

Understanding Engineers 6 
Normal people believe ‘…if it ain't broke, don't fix it.’ Engineers believe ‘… if it ain't broke, it isn't sufficiently complex yet.’ 

Understanding Engineers 7

An engineer was crossing a road one day, when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." 
He bent over, picked up the frog, and put it in his pocket. 
The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn back into a beautiful princess and stay with you for one week." 
The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket. 
The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess I'll stay with you for two weeks and do anything you want." 
Again, the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. 
Finally, the frog asked, "What's the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess and that I'll stay with you for weeks and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?" 
The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend. But a talking frog - now that's cool." 

And Finally

Two engineers were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking at its top. A woman walked by and asked what they were doing 
"We're supposed to find the height of this flagpole," "but we don't have a ladder." 
The woman took a spanner wrench from her purse, loosened a couple of bolts, and laid the pole down on the ground. Then she took a tape measure from her purse, took a measurement, announced, "6.5 meters," and walked away. 
One engineer shook his head and laughed, "A lot of good that does us. We ask for the height and she gives us the length!"
Both engineers have since quit their engineering jobs and have been elected to Congress.
1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

LOL!! I know exactly what you mean.

I'm currently watching a TV series on Amazon Prime right now called "The Tunnel". It involves a British detective working together with a French detective on both sides of the tunnel. I watch the show on my tablet but have my phone nearby to look up the unfamiliar words and phrases they use. To complicate matters even more, there is a lot of French dialogue with English subtitles so I'm always pausing and "re-winding" in addition to looking up the words and phrases.

Don't you just hate that,'Allo,'Allo found a simple solution to that😂

LET'S GO OUT TO EAT 2020
1. Arrive at restaurant, fish your three month old single-use surgical mask out of car's filthy cupholder (still slightly sticky from this morning's 84oz diet Pepsi).
2. Strap up with three month old single-use surgical mask.
*MAGICAL ANTI-GERM BARRIER ENGAGED!!!*
3. Proceed into restaurant, opening door with same handle grabbed by 200 people so far today.
4. Hostess has immediate seating for your woke party of three. Walk past entire restaurant of unmasked people. It's ok, they're sitting.
5. Sit down.
*SEATED ANTI-GERM FORCEFIELD ENGAGED!!!*
6. Safely within your anti-germ forcefield, remove mask. Browse menu while making relaxed inhales of the same recirculated AC air previously inside the lungs of the 200 people that also grabbed the door handle.
7. Waitress drops off drinks bare handed.
8. Grab drink with your bare hand. Sip leisurely, secure in knowing you're within your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness.
9. Too many drinks. Need to pee. Put on your magical anti-germ barrier mask as you leave your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness.
10. Walk past 40 unmasked restaurant patrons. Open bathroom with same door knob grabbed by 100 other people so far today.
11. Return to table past same 40 unmasked restaurant patrons.
12. Remove mask. Once again safe in your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness. Waitress takes your sweaty drink glass with her bare hand, refills, hands back to you. You accept with your bare hand. Grab some bread and eat it. Same hand. Yum Yum.
13. Meal complete. Mask on. Walk past 40 unmasked patrons. Make full body contact with at least 4 people waiting at the hostess stand as you squeeze your way back to the door - no matter, they're all also wearing their magical anti-germ barriers.
14. Grab exit handle, which you are now the 220th person of the day to touch. Eating out successful.
15. Breathe a sigh of relief knowing that even after leaving the protection of your home and venturing out into the scary world of the public, you are essentially sterile thanks to your state approved methods of magical germ mitigation.
Yep....ridiculous, isn't it?

2 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

I went on a project in Budapest with a colleague from Liverpool. We stayed at the Hilton downtown that had a huge buffet breakfast. This looks like the plate he had every morning.

Gotta luv a scouser...

(For those of a non UK persuasion, please consult a dictionary if necessary)

To expand on engineering jokes.  

How do you tell the difference between and extroverted engineer and an introverted engineer?

The extroverted engineer looks at your shoes when he/she's talking.

The introverted engineer looks at his own shoes when he/she's talking.

2 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

Gotta luv a scouser...

(For those of a non UK persuasion, please consult a dictionary if necessary)

My daughter in law's mother is one.  My daughter in law identifies as one too even though she was born here in the US.