What about all of us on this thread writing a humorous story? Each one of us adding one sentence at a time to see where the story goes?  It might get a little screwy if some people post simultaneously but it still might be fun. I'll start it out with the first sentence. Just copy all the text from the the thread (instead of quoting) and add your sentence.

THE GRISWOLD FAMILY VACATION

1. The Griswold family wakes up Saturday morning for the first day of their cruise vacation....

26 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

LOL

Everyone wants to donate their squirrels.

I would have gladly donated the Canada geese that would donate sausages all over our lawn. I always hoped that the Canada goose would replace turkeys for Thanksgiving dinner (and Christmas, New Years, Easter, 4th of July...................).

46 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

What about all of us on this thread writing a humorous story? Each one of us adding one sentence at a time to see where the story goes?  It might get a little screwy if some people post simultaneously but it still might be fun. I'll start it out with the first sentence. Just copy all the text from the the thread (instead of quoting) and add your sentence.

1. The Griswold family wakes up Saturday morning for the first day of their cruise vacation....

I have a short story based upon one of my favorite first books that I have read................so here goes..........

Dick and Jane, Mom and Dad, puff and spot, we going on a Royal Caribbean cruise. (the animals were approved comfort animals). They were so happy to drive to the port for the cruise. The car was packed with luggage and they had snacks for the 3 hour tour. Lets start the trip Dad said............so they all packed into the car smiling, laughing and singing.

Off they went..............all with visions of the wonderful cruise until...........they got a flat tire. Lots of time lost fixing the flat, so Dad sped up a wee bit..............yep - the policeman gave Dad a ticket and we learned some new words. Well off we went at the speed limit for awhile until Jane had to use the restroom..........so we stopped but the restroom was closed..........learned some more new words. Back in the car and now Mom has to use the restroom..............stopped at a Waffle House...........OK we had to have something to eat that was smothered and covered (whatever that is).

Off again............it felt warm in the car...........the air conditioner wasn't working............we stopped at Bubba's Garage - the sign says "If we can't fix 'em - we crush 'em". I think that Bubba added some ice cubes after an hour of banging and us learning more new words. Off again...........it was a bit cooler but lots of melting ice on the floor. I got hungry and asked Mom for some snacks, she opened the zipper bag to see that all of the chocolate had melted from the hot car. I think I used some of the new words learned today and was quickly put into time out.

Our GPS was working fine until Dad decided to use the map as the voice on the GPS was bugging him. Mom said no problem and that she would be the navigation person. The ride was fun on some of the dirt roads, doing u-turns and going the wrong side of some one-way streets. Learned more new words.

OK...........we finally made it to the port...........the ship was there and it was BIG. We parked and put out our luggage for the porter but we didn't have any cash for the porter...........he wasn't smiling. Anyway, we get the door and discover that our Set Sail passes and Passports were in the luggage. Dad has to go back to find the luggage...............well...............the ride back home was very quiet but our luggage had a wonderful cruise!!!!!!

Edited by cruise wizard
2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I would have gladly donated the Canada geese that would donate sausages all over our lawn. I always hoped that the Canada goose would replace turkeys for Thanksgiving dinner (and Christmas, New Years, Easter, 4th of July...................).

Great idea!

2. Clark (father) & Ellen (mother) wake up to the 4 a.m. alarm and excitedly wake the kids Audrey (daughter) and Rusty (son). Clark trips over the dog (Frank) and declares "Oh crap, I forgot to reserve the kennel and we have to get to the cruise port by 3:30 pm!"

Just now, Traveling Library said:

At home I put either butter and salt or milk and sugar on my oatmeal.  Depends on my mood. Of course for 2020 I probably should re-try the Bailey's. 

I'm glad to see that I'm not strange. Sallie thinks it's weird to put butter in oatmeal.

T

7 hours ago, cublet said:

After the 'full English', my favourite too are kippers.So I was in the Diamond section of the MDR...stops the kippers 'repeating'...I looked at the head waiter and back to the plate; "What is wrong" I was asked, "Where are the kippers" I asked - "Kippers, we though you said capers" came the reply whereupon everyone in earshot collapsed in laugher...

Cublet, snap! Been there; Done that! We, too, have had the capers versus kippers breakfast. When ordering, we now say ‘kippers the fish’ to avoid any misunderstanding. Ambrosia of the gods! BTW, the ‘repeating’ is part of the enjoyment. If it gets to be too much, the prescription is an Old Speckled. 

p.s. Maybe the West Country accent causes a problem...

23 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

I'm glad to see that I'm not strange. Sallie thinks it's weird to put butter in oatmeal.

Porridge (the real name for Oatmeal) may be eaten in many guises but a true Scot would add a little salt.

p.s. Did Sallie celebrate World Porridge Day on October 10...?