1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

What about all of us on this thread writing a humorous story? Each one of us adding one sentence at a time to see where the story goes?  It might get a little screwy if some people post simultaneously but it still might be fun. I'll start it out with the first sentence. Just copy all the text from the the thread (instead of quoting) and add your sentence.

THE GRISWOLD FAMILY VACATION

1. The Griswold family wakes up Saturday morning for the first day of their cruise vacation....

2. Clark (father) & Ellen (mother) wake up to the 4 a.m. alarm and excitedly wake the kids Audrey (daughter) and Rusty (son). Clark trips over the dog (Frank) and declares "Oh crap, I forgot to reserve the kennel and we have to get to the cruise port by 3:30 pm!"

3. "Oh, well I guess we'll have to take Frank with us. We can claim he's a service animal!" said Clark.

1. The Griswold family wakes up Saturday morning for the first day of their cruise vacation....

2. Clark (father) & Ellen (mother) wake up to the 4 a.m. alarm and excitedly wake the kids Audrey (daughter) and Rusty (son). Clark trips over the dog (Frank) and declares "Oh crap, I forgot to reserve the kennel and we have to get to the cruise port by 3:30 pm!"

3. Ellen's cousin Catherine and her husband Eddie, arrive unannounced with their children, Rocky and Ruby Sue, and their Rottweiler dog, Snots. Surprise Clark, guess who’s going on the cruise and what are you doing with Frank?

5 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

What about all of us on this thread writing a humorous story? Each one of us adding one sentence at a time to see where the story goes?  It might get a little screwy if some people post simultaneously but it still might be fun. I'll start it out with the first sentence. Just copy all the text from the the thread (instead of quoting) and add your sentence.

Doesn't that already exist in Floataway Lounge.

Obviously no one asked me, but I like how this thread has always run. Jokes, memes, funny pics

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Doesn't that already exist in Floataway Lounge.

Obviously no one asked me, but I like how this thread has always run. Jokes, memes, funny pics

Probably time to move this back to Floataway. 

I'm outa here.

2 hours ago, Crown Vic said:

Porridge (the real name for Oatmeal) may be eaten in many guises but a true Scot would add a little salt.

p.s. Did Sallie celebrate World Porridge Day on October 10...?

For oatmeal, the bran is removed from ground oats, while porridge, in the form of a dish or recipe, is named after the type of grain used to make it. An example of this is cornmeal, which is porridge made from corn. In this same way, porridge made from oats is called oatmeal.

4 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

I'm glad to see that I'm not strange. Sallie thinks it's weird to put butter in oatmeal.

T

I've certainly had some strange looks when on holiday somewhere!