2 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Yes. That's where we usually buy gas for the toad and other passenger vehicles, and used to buy gas for the 20 year-old motor home we just replaced with a 2021 diesel pusher. RVing is awesome (and a great way to be socially distant while still traveling)! The huge cash rebate we get from our Citi Costco card is also awesome. 

Happy traveling, no matter how you do it. If you ever switch to diesel, be sure to look into the fleet fuel programs. You get to use the truck lanes, with the high speed pumps, and save much more than 4%. 

image.png.70cf34b0135eaa04dedc12ca2a813edc.png

We used to get our gas at Sam's cut they closed the ones in this state.  We have always been cruisers and when it got shut down we bought our first RV in July.  Not being sure if we would want to continue with it when cruising got going again, we did not want to invest too much.  I was able to locate a 20 year old 28ft Tiffin Allegro with 21,000 miles that had been kept in a garage.  So far we have been enjoying it with about 30 nights in it so far.  Longest trip 8 nights.  I am looking forward to taking it cross country.

Back in the 70's I had a license to drive a tow truck...  

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

We used to get our gas at Sam's cut they closed the ones in this state.  We have always been cruisers and when it got shut down we bought our first RV in July.  Not being sure if we would want to continue with it when cruising got going again, we did not want to invest too much.  I was able to locate a 20 year old 28ft Tiffin Allegro with 21,000 miles that had been kept in a garage.  So far we have been enjoying it with about 30 nights in it so far.  Longest trip 8 nights.  I am looking forward to taking it cross country.

Cool. I used to drive our 32' 2000 Southwind. I haven't driven the new 40' diesel (2021 Tiffin Allegro 38LL) on the road yet. I feel like I need to learn more, especially about the braking system before driving it outside of a big rest area. Hubby used to drive fire engines, so it's nbd for him.

Welcome to RVing! I've been considering starting a Cruisers who love RVing thread. I think I will.

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

Our one son is a full-time RV'er. He has a Winnebago Adventurer - not sure of the size. Right now he is down near Cabo San Lucas. He works in IT and travels everywhere.............he loves it.

10 hours ago, TravelerThom said:

Really? You feel old?

I remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon, and I sat in the car while the uniformed attendant pumped the gas, washed my windshield, checked my oil, and then thanked me. 

39 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Really? You feel old?

I remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon, and I sat in the car while the uniformed attendant pumped the gas, washed my windshield, checked my oil, and then thanked me. 

When I first started driving, gas hovered within several cents above and below the $1.00/gallon mark. I remember being very happy when the gallons dial moved faster than the dollars dial, and disappointed when it was the opposite. 

47 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Really? You feel old?

No Credit Cards back then.

And, you were given S&H Stamps.

A man who just died is delivered to a local mortuary wearing an
expensive, expertly tailored black suit.

The female blonde mortician asks the deceased's wife how she would
like the body dressed. She points out that the man does look good in the
black suit he is already wearing.

The widow, however, says that she always thought her husband looked
his best in blue, and that she wants him in a blue suit. She gives the
blonde mortician a blank check and says, 'I don't care what it costs,
but please have my husband in a blue suit for the viewing.'

The woman returns the next day for the wake. To her delight, she finds
her husband dressed in a gorgeous blue suit with a subtle chalk stripe;
the suit fits him perfectly.

She says to the mortician, 'Whatever this cost, I'm very satisfied.
You did an excellent job and I' m very grateful. How much did you
spend?' To her astonishment, the blonde mortician presents her with the
blank check.

'There's no charge,' she says.

'No, really, I must compensate you for the cost of that exquisite blue
suit!' she says.

'Honestly, ma'am,' the blonde says, 'it cost nothing. You see, a
deceased gentleman of about your husband's size was brought in shortly
after you left yesterday, and he was wearing an attractive blue suit. I
asked his wife if she minded him going to his grave wearing a black suit
instead, and she said it made no difference as long as he looked nice.'

'So I just switched the heads.'

1 hour ago, GeeDunk said:

No Credit Cards back then.

And, you were given S&H Stamps.

No universal credit cards, but all the major oil companies had credit cards that were good only at their stations. Good marketing as it made people much more loyal to a particular brand. 
In addition to S&H.Green Stamps, they would have limited time specials such as a free glass if you bought 8 or more gallons (and a coordinated pitcher if you bought an oil change). The pitcher is long gone, but I still have a few glasses from Esso (way before it became Exxon). 
The cheapest gas I can remember was $0.229, but I sure remember the grousing when it passed $0.30. Then came the 1973 Yom Kippur War embargo and the 1979 Iran Embassy hostage stand off and no more gas under $1. 

Years ago when I was a little kid my mom would take me to wedding and baby showers if I behaved. Of course I did. When you were a little kid, sat in the corner and kept your mouth shut, you heard the most delicious gossip.

I remember one game they played. Who had the most charge cards (waaaay before Master, Visa and Discover were on the scene).

My cousin had 60! One for every store in the Minneapolis area. She won the prize.

10 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Really? You feel old?

Yep - but I have seen it at 19 cents back in the 50's............and got S&H Green Stamps..............and sometimes free glassware. Go figure!!!!!

Maude and Claude, both 91, lived in The Villages.
They met in the social center and discovered over time that they enjoyed each other’s company. After several weeks of meeting for coffee, Claude asked Maude out for dinner and, much to his delight, she accepted.

They had a lovely evening. They dined at the most romantic restaurant in town. And despite his age, Claude was still a charmer.

Afterward, Claude asked Maude to join him at his place for an after-dinner drink. Things continued along a natural course and, age being no inhibitor, Maude soon joined Claude for a most enjoyable roll in the hay.

As they were basking in the glow of the magic moments they’d shared, each was lost for a time in their own thoughts.

Claude was thinking: “If I’d known she was a virgin, I’d have been more gentle.”
Maude was thinking: “If I’d known he could still do it, I’d have taken off my pantyhose.”

10 hours ago, TravelerThom said:

No universal credit cards, but all the major oil companies had credit cards that were good only at their stations.  

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Yep - but I have seen it at 19 cents back in the 50's............and got S&H Green Stamps..............and sometimes free glassware. Go figure!!!!!

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Didn't it feel great to drive into the station and say............give me two dollars worth and it almost filled the tank!!!!!

Worked at a four pump Gulf Station when I was 14. (Long story)

Paid, as I recall, 0.25/hour, under the table.

Gas may have been about 0.19/gal., can't recall.

Hated when folks paid with pennies.

Hated putting on tire chains.

Hated repairing tire chains with Monkey Links.

Check all fluids, battery, etc  while pumping.

From what I recall, every thing was cash; 

no Credit Cards.