To add some humour...

Happy New Year!!!

The Summer Olympics got scratched in Japan. They had a slew of fireworks they were gonna use for opening and closing, but the stuff couldn't be stored until 2021...so they had to get rid of em or blow em off.

If you like a little classical music, look how the Japanese handled this...to Rossini's William Tell Overture...at the base of Mt Fuji.

Trust me...turn your sound way up...and enjoy 🙂

(The best 2 minutes and 57 seconds I've seen in a long time)!!
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I was wondering if 2Chiefs knew the Man From La Mancha by his name, Don Quixote. 

Yes... Now I do.

Just never saw the play although I've heard all the music from the play.

8 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:
Happy New Year!!!
If you like a little classical music, look how the Japanese handled this...to Rossini's William Tell Overture...at the base of Mt Fuji.

Disappointing. I kept waiting for a cry of “Hi-yo” and seeing Silver appear in fireworks🙄. 0kay, it really was a great display. 

Here's a thought:  maybe the awfulness of 2020 will lead people to follow the mathematicians' advice and recognize this as the END of the decade.  Here's to a fresh start in 2021, new decade and all!!!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:
Happy New Year!!!

The Summer Olympics got scratched in Japan. They had a slew of fireworks they were gonna use for opening and closing, but the stuff couldn't be stored until 2021...so they had to get rid of em or blow em off.

It is a beautiful video but that is definitely computer generated. I have never seen fireworks that don't create smoke😂. Did a Google it turns out it is a 2015 computer simulation:

This video is a computer-generated simulation created by a YouTube user in 2015

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

It is a beautiful video but that is definitely computer generated. I have never seen fireworks that don't create smoke😂. Did a Google it turns out it is a 2015 computer simulation:

This video is a computer-generated simulation created by a YouTube user in 2015

Yes, one of the friends I sent it to also found that out.  As a retired librarian I'm embarrassed to have forwarded an incorrect citation.  But as a 'Front Page'-era reporter would have said, it was a 'fact too good to check'...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:
Happy New Year!!!

The actual fireworks were shipped all over the country for smaller displays

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Yes, one of the friends I sent it to also found that out.  As a retired librarian I'm embarrassed to have forwarded an incorrect citation.  But as a 'Front Page'-era reporter would have said, it was a 'fact too good to check'...

The lack of smoke made me suspicious. Every year Sydney council gets complaints of smoke after our yearly fireworks. If there were such a thing as smoke free fireworks it would probably be mandatory😂

1 minute ago, ilikeanswers said:

The lack of smoke made me suspicious. Every year Sydney council gets complaints of smoke after our yearly fireworks. If there were such a thing as smoke free fireworks it would probably be mandatory😂

My son doesn't enjoy superhero movies (and Doctor Who) as much as I do, because he's always aware of the CGI.  Blissful naivete works really well for me...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The actual fireworks were shipped all over the country for smaller displays

Cheer up Hanabi if anyone wants to Google some videos. They put prayers in the fireworks to end the pandemic. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, fredflint said:

Sorry over my head I guess?

The stimulus payment is $600.  So, Walmart makes sure the prices are below $600.  We don't qualify for the payments.  Did I cover it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

The stimulus payment is $600.  So, Walmart makes sure the prices are below $600.  We don't qualify for the payments.  Did I cover it?

Ours were direct deposited today.

Available on the 4th

• read2learn changed the title to To add some Humour