10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ours were direct deposited today.

Available on the 4th

We don't ever get anything.  We pay in a lot of taxes every year, but we don't get any of these stimulus or credits.  My DH makes too much by himself and when I was working my salary was above the individual amount so added to DH's it was way too much.  They never look at demographics.  In our county, the avg household income was $139K in 2018, so I'm guessing it's at least $145-150K now which means a lot of people don't qualify.  Before people say, that's a lot of money, it would be except the avg house costs about $550K and you pretty much can't get anything for under 200K (not even a 1 br condo except for major fixer uppers.).  Literally if you search real estate in our county, if you get a hit under 200K, it's either for land or a house that is uninhabitable.   Heck, most of the DC area is the same (areas you'd want to live in).  Renting isn't any better, but it's the price you pay to live in a higher income area too that is very high tech.  75% (last I heard) of the world's data passes through our county.  It's the silicone valley of the east.

This is so me.

Image may contain: text that says 'National Coffee Day January 1 through December 31'

21 hours ago, BND said:

The stimulus payment is $600.  So, Walmart makes sure the prices are below $600.  We don't qualify for the payments.  Did I cover it?

yes never got the 600.00 stimulus so not in my thought process.    Very lucky COVID had basically no impact on our income other than a couple of furlough days my wife had to take without pay.  Bt she has been home since March so no cost for driving, no cost  for lunches and snacks etc..

The increased cost of a lot of items has been   offset by not going on our cruise and not dining out much at all.