27 minutes ago, jakeil7 said:

Where is the 🤢 or 🤮 reaction to this post???

I'll admit the Gopher Helper didn't taste as good as the Squirrel helper but it didn't make me want to 🤮.

34 minutes ago, jakeil7 said:

Where is the 🤢 or 🤮 reaction to this post???

Well, we also had Prairie Dog Helper, but that was usually enjoyed just for Sunday Dinner.  Lots of meat on those prairie dogs, especially if you got a nice fat one.

10 hours ago, travelnap said:

Well, we also had Prairie Dog Helper, but that was usually enjoyed just for Sunday Dinner.  Lots of meat on those prairie dogs, especially if you got a nice fat one.

I live in SC, we have road kill Helper.

10 hours ago, travelnap said:

Wouldn't the fat ones be mostly FAT? Or did you make prairie dog bacon?

6 hours ago, lovelife said:

mosq.jpg.78669217b5d8728b37f7f035578e087b.jpg

This is exactly what I feel when I am asked to donated blood lol. I ve been quite afraid of it in the recent years as I am afraid of going to the hospital. But it seems like some else has got the essence of this joke.. even thought it might not even sound funnt to some 

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Wouldn't the fat ones be mostly FAT? Or did you make prairie dog bacon?

They were not fat enough for bacon, the meat was just well marbled with the extra fat.  If you wanted bacon you had to find a nice fat raccoon, then you could make bacon, or as we used to called it hickory smoked racon.

Yesterday my daughter e-mailed me AGAIN, asking why I didn't do something useful with my time. "Like sitting around the pool and drinking wine is not a good thing?",  I asked.  Talking about my "doing-something-useful" seems to be her favorite topic of conversation.

She was "only thinking of me," she said, and suggested that I go down to the Senior Center and hang out with the fellows.

I did this and when I got home last night, I decided to play a prank on her.  I e-mailed her and told her that I had joined a Parachute Club.

She replied, "Are you nuts? You are 84-years-old and now you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?"  I told her that I even got a Membership Card and e-mailed a copy to her.

She immediately telephoned me and yelled, "Good grief, Dad, where are your glasses?! This is a Membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club."

"Oh man, I'm in trouble again," I said. "I really don't know what to do.  I signed up for five jumps a week!!"

The line went dead.

Clifford and Daisy May were married for many years.

Whenever there was a confrontation, yelling could be heard deep into the night. Clifford would shout, "When I die, I'll dig my way up and out of the grave and come back and haunt you for the rest of your life ol' woman!!"

Neighbors feared him. Old Clifford liked the fact that he was feared.

He died at the ripe old age of 98.

After the burial, Daisy May's neighbors, concerned for her safety, asked, "Aren't you afraid that he may indeed be able to dig his way out of the grave and haunt you for the rest of your life?"

She replied, "LET HIM DIG. I HAD HIM BURIED UPSIDE DOWN...AND I KNOW HE WON'T ASK FOR DIRECTIONS."

6 hours ago, travelnap said:

They were not fat enough for bacon, the meat was just well marbled with the extra fat.  If you wanted bacon you had to find a nice fat raccoon, then you could make bacon, or as we used to called it hickory smoked racon.

My DH ate armadillo at a wild game cookout. He said if you get it before it crosses the road it’s pretty tasty. 
They didn’t make gravy, just grilled it with datil pepper sauce on the side. 
He said the mountain oysters could have used gravy, though. 

29 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My DH ate armadillo at a wild game cookout. He said if you get it before it crosses the road it’s pretty tasty. 
They didn’t make gravy, just grilled it with datil pepper sauce on the side. 
He said the mountain oysters could have used gravy, though. 

I have never tried the armadillo but I'll bet they are tough to clean.  As far as mountain oysters we used to bread them in a beer batter and then fry them in a deep fat fryer.  With a little sliced onion they make a great sandwich.  The bigger ones are better if you slice them thin first and then make sure they are well done.  You definitely don't want to eat mountain oysters raw.

4 hours ago, travelnap said:

I have never tried the armadillo but I'll bet they are tough to clean.  As far as mountain oysters we used to bread them in a beer batter and then fry them in a deep fat fryer.  With a little sliced onion they make a great sandwich.  The bigger ones are better if you slice them thin first and then make sure they are well done.  You definitely don't want to eat mountain oysters raw.

Guess what! I’d have to have drunk a case of beer or bourbon before I’d eat either one. 
I’ve only eaten crocodile, zebra, water buck and eland. And being a Floridian, gator tail which is best half an hour out of the water.